passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy X / X-2

Sambob

Seem to have hit a brick wall in the farplane. There's a seemingly unkillable boss blocking my path to the final confrontations. Haven't used a guide in this yet, but a quick Google tells me I've botched some puzzle and now I have to kill this thing (I've tried escaping). 

But I don't think he can be killed. Not with my load out, anyway.

If that's it, then there you go. But I have no road back and the puzzle can't be reset by quitting the farplane. I'm fooked.

That is more a thing with certain kinds of older games, especially RPG's - The soft lock. Wherein you become stuck on the wrong side of an untelegraphed point of no return. Hope you resolve it, otherwise it is a harsh way to end any game.

33 minutes ago, Rikzilla said:

Is there anywhere to grind?

I'm already at level 70?

he saps hp, so the trick is to deal more damage than he restores with each attack. But he has mad speed and I can't keep up. 

You're  actually supposed to simply avoid him by doing this piano puzzle. But I botched it and now I'm locked out of the puzzle. 

@one-armed dwarf X and X-2 don't have anything like that. Not even the speed up thing that XII has. And that would have been amazing in the ponderous X.

Just scanned it before my latest wipe.

To quote the description:

An extremely powerful fiend that guards the most direct path to vegnagun. All of its attacks are devastating. The average party doesn't stand a chance of victory.

You see I'd be fine if I could reset the puzzle that removes him. But the fucker won't reset. I've tried everything.

Ha! I've located a hidden save that means I only have to do the three bosses in the upper farplane again, and then I can do the piano puzzle - with a fuckin guide!

The thing with this game is I've been stomping bosses with relative ease, so when u hit a cheap bastard like this u can be left unprepared by a former nonchalant attitude towards building your options in the jobs department.

I don't know what that is. Or I haven't come across anything with that name. I generally skip side quests in these old ffs, and anything like superbosses

By the way, I'd totally misread that piano puzzle and I didn't need a guide. I realized that the other tunes where supposed to be played on two other keyboards that I hadn't noticed, and the killer boss was just a reminder that you hadn't keyed the notes yet. 

But now I have to jump on platforms to activate more notes, and it's really obscure what u have to actually do. It's really that worst part of both games up to now. Trying to make Yuna jump. Holy shit, it's the worst.

38 minutes ago, bellow said:

I generally skip side quests in these old ffs, and anything like superbosses

I'll bear that in mind, for FF9. If memory serves, the side quests are linked to the mini games. Which is also directly linked to the Harder of the two superbosses. 

41 minutes ago, bellow said:

Trying to make Yuna jump. Holy shit, it's the worst.

I'm playing Dark Souls right now, that ain't much better. I think the two games are a prime example of why jump mechanics shouldn't be a thing in RPGs.

I'm now mid 80s in level and I'm considering  (before the final showdown) to get back on my airship and closing out the three side stories I left unfinished. They involve

Spoiler

Blitzball, hunting cactuars, and repeatedly beating and repairing a huge machina in Djose temple.

None of those sounded very inviting, but I've come so far I might as well see this out. I'll be using a guide for the second one?.

I also found out when I was googling that unkillable boss in the lower farplane that u can 

Spoiler

get Ultima by taking the five roads to the farplane. U only have to pick one to see the story out. So I might do that too.

Of course that last one might take me to the 90s in level, so I might just do what I've never done in this FF run, and max out. 

You can take it I like this game.