passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy X / X-2

Sambob

I think anyone can do any job from the start, tbh. I was just wondering if it was usual in this game to pick a couple of jobs and sort of stick to them, at least until something comes along better, perhaps in the same vein - like I had rikku as a gunner, but then I got gun mage and that job's basic attack does twice as much damage, plus you get the ever useful scan.

By the way, I love this game up to now. The combat is a fast paced fireworks display - a total counterpoint to the rather staid X. God knows where the plot is heading tho. I'm not sure that was tidus in that sphere memory. Looked a bit iffy to me. We'll see.

I've googled that Rikku is 17 in FFX-2, so admiration of her post battle pose when dressed as a black mage is perfectly legitimate in this United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Plus, those moaning about the environmental textures in FF7 remake should cop a gander at this sumbitch?

I'm in training at the moment as chapter 3 seems to have stiffened the challenge somewhat. The story bits seems fine but if you go off the beaten track u can find yourself on a fast lane to the game over screen. It's like the monsters have suddenly discovered amphetamines.

Plus, does anyone know how to capture and train fiends? It was mentioned early on but I must have missed something. I certainly haven't got the sword that tidus had in 10.

My favourite aeon in X, the money grubbing assassin, Yojimbo, has transformed into a rather painful opponent in X-2. He still retains his one hit super slice which did wonders against the final aeon in the first game, but this time it leaves your entire crew with 1hp, and then his little dog finishes you off with a quick bite on the ankles ?

Took me three goes to put him down, and I needed 2 special dresspheres, and a massive quantity of luck to do it. Even a the very end of the battle I thought he had me, and I was just fortunate in getting a hi potion to one of the girls he wasn't targeting. I think that was the most tense battle in my entire final fantasy run up to now. Apart from just running into an enemy underlevelled, I can remember feeling so helpless in the face of an incoming super.

Chapter 4, and Yuna brings peace to the warring factions of the Youth League and New Yevon with just the power of song! Man, this game! If it gets any cheesier I might have to toast it. And yet I love it. It's just crazy enough to be completely endearing.                                  I'm on chapter 5 now and the endgame is on offer if I want it, but there's also a hotspot mission  in just about every corner of the map, and after spending nearly 100 hours in Spira over the last 4 or so months it seems in bad taste not to close out these stories. The first one is a little visit to see Wakka and Lulu's brat. Strangely large head on that kid, I must say. Like a blitzball. And how did that brain dead jock cop for Lulu?

11 hours ago, bellow said:

Didn't the forum agree there was a reasonable cut off point for the necessity of spoiler tags on games of this age?

That might have been gamestm, by the way.

It was a GTM thing. Definitely not here.

This game offers u a 1 to 5 star difficulty rating for quests, with 3 meaning u might be in a bit of danger some of the time. 

Now I'm clearing up the side stuff before the endgame I've hit a boss in the thunder plains who has multiple buffs and insane attacks, all with haste. Reckon I can take him with a bit of dispel and some anti lightning bangles. But he's got a one star rating ?

There's a quest in the desert that's hit 5 stars! Won't be going there any time soon.

Really. I really like it. But I can see how you would come to hate it going for 100%.

Well, I'm taking a short break on my FF run to play trials of mana and at least make a start on Xenoblade chronicles DE.

In July I was hoping to get a few forumites together for the one I'm really looking forward to, FF9

Haha. I avoid that stuff in these games like the plague. I'd rather just grind my characters on my own terms if I want to get them some levels or abilities. That seems more organic in a way, I mean why wouldn't they need to empower themselves to save the world?