passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Predator: Hunting Grounds

DisturbedSwan

On the one hand, Friday was pretty fun. On the other, that was only when you played with friends. Playing with randoms was an absolute ballache, due to them allowing you to kill your teammates (which of course everyone did), and if the host quit, all your progress for that match was lost (which again, loads of people did). 

Their idea of DLC was pretty shite as well. “Want some new maps? Well, how about we add smaller versions of the maps you already have? That’s new, right?”. Dead By Daylight is way better.

I dunno. It could be fun. But it’ll probably be as flawed as Friday was.

2 hours ago, OrangeRKN said:

It's a strong concept, as Evolve was, it's just the execution that's difficult. I want it to be good.

Illfonic did Friday the 13th the game as well and that turned out very well from a Gameplay point of view, it just suffered from a lot of bugs I believe. I only played a little bit of it on PS4 and really enjoyed it.

I imagine this will be incredibly similar. Swapping Jason for The Predator and Camp Crystal Lake for a Jungle somewhere.

They do need to address how powerful a Predator is rather than just skinswap Jason. What would be cool is if the Predator was incentivised to let the opponents gear up and become more of a threat. Like sure he could straight murder everyone to begin with, but Predator is more about intentionally stalking and seeking a worthy opponent.

Probably won't happen though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/05/2019 at 17:34, AndyKurosaki said:

Friday had worse issues than bugs, as I explained in my earlier post. It was unplayable without friends, because the community were utter cunts. 

They also dropped that like a hot potato because of licensing issues, didn't they?

They did indeed. Some DLC had been announced, but once that court case kicked off, all DLC was put “on hold”. Then once the outcome of that came out, all DLC was cancelled, and they were done with the game.

In contrast, Dead By Daylight has been constantly supported by new content for 3 years now.

While this could be a fun game, it will most definitely only be so if a group of mates get it. They don’t seem to know how to make playing against randoms fun.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial Weekend Starts March 27

I am so excited to announce we will be running a trial weekend for Predator: Hunting Grounds, starting on March 27, and running through March 29. The Trial will be open to PS4 players with a PlayStation Plus membership and PC players as well via Cross-play support. Just hop to PlayStation Store, download the Trial, and start hunting!

The Trial will be available to download on March 27 in Japan at 3pm JST, in Europe at 4pm GMT, and in North America at 5pm PST.

Well, it’ll be worth a try at least. I’m still dubious it’ll have a long future though. Could be fun for a short while. Hopefully they’ll have learned from Friday The 13th, that adding in smaller maps, than the ones already in the game, don’t make for exciting DLC.

Oh, and don’t allow team-killing. As that sucked.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a quick go on the demo, first impressions: This seems fun. Had a firefight against the Predator with my mate Gary, we barely managed to escape. I didn’t even realise it had been downed, and I escaped by the skin of my teeth by running out of the blast radius of his nuke.

Well, stranger things have happened.

Played a few rounds of this tonight, and it’s a right laugh. It really feels tense when you can hear the Predator near you. And you proper panic once that red laser beam points directly at you. 

Certainly made a good first impression.