passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Easy Allies Mega Thread

Rikzilla

Really sad to see but they've been on a downward slide for some years now, a lot of folks think the magic was lost when they left Jones' garage back in 2019 or whenever it was.

With Kyle leaving first, then Ben leaving, Jones retiring shortly after (as he sold his Venice house and made millions on it) it's just been a little devoid of fun and big personalities. I think a lot of folks watched for Kyle and his interactions with the other allies, he is just far more of a creative force than the rest of them. Ben was a really solid reviewer and orator who dived into the nitty gritty of what makes a video game great a little more. Then Jones was the voice of the whole channel and had a happy go lucky kind of infectious attitude about him.

After that you're pretty much just left with Huber as the big personality with the others being kind of dull really, Isla has her moments at times but I don't find Damiani or Bloodworth particularly interesting on their own and haven't for years really. I think Damiani has semi-jumped ship back to Texas recently as well.

So yeah, writing has been on the wall for awhile. They don't have anywhere near the number of Patrons they had even 2 years ago and their channel numbers on YT aren't particularly fantastic now really.

I listen to the podcast every week and most of their reviews as they're still very well presented IMHO but yeah, that's about it. When even a couple of years ago I'd watch almost every bit of stuff they put out, engaged in twitch streams and all that jazz.

I mostly stopped watching after Kyle left and the channel seemed to spawn multiple crap video ideas. I didn’t even know Jones had gone too. Don Casanova looked embarrassed to be there.

Their E3 betting specials were always a treat. But yeah like @DisturbedSwan the best personality and most creative one left. It did have a much better feeling to in the garage. Like a bunch of video game loving friends hanging out. Then it looked like a ign wannabe.

Patreon stats

• 4 weeks later...

One thing I didn't know about Brad leaving until now is it was to go work on Colin Moriarty's podcast 'Last Stand Media', which I watched a bit of and damn there was some real drama behind the scenes with that one.

Apparently eza had a guest on from colin's show, lots of people got mad at them for that, brad got mad cause it was his friend that he brought on and felt a bit victimised by the backlash and that's why he left basically and got poached by Colin basically, right around that time they went part time. Pretty awkward departure.

#drama