passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Elden Ring

DisturbedSwan

10/10…

The load times on SX are surprisingly long. It’s not terrible by any means, still 5-10 seconds but I’m already used to not having to wait more than a couple of seconds for loading anymore, hope this doesn’t become more frequent. 

Caveat emptor for PS5, apparently there's reports of people losing hours and hours of saved progress due to a bug (seen this in the main thread there as well)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/elden-rings-constant-crashing-and-progression-loss-on-ps5-is-unacceptable.557230/

But not on PC or Xbox 💪

Good idea to back your saves up to the cloud regularly while it gets fixed

https://www.engadget.com/elden-ring-game-save-issues-ps5-performance-framerate-pc-162844517.html

Publisher Bandai Namco said that if your console switches off unexpectedly while you're playing Elden Ring or you put the PS5 in rest mode, "saved data may not be saved correctly." It's working on a fix for the issue, but for now it's best for PS5 players to save their progress manually "by exiting the game regularly." Bandai Namco said your data will be saved properly when you open the menu with the Option button and select Quit Game.

DF’s console breakdown

This got really complicated and I tuned out half way through. I think the gist is if you have VRR Tv get the Series X version. If you don’t get the PS4 version and play it on PS5. The disc PS5 version doesn’t get you access to the PS4 version, but the digital edition does lol.

Whatever you do be sure to play in frame rate mode

It's probably good advice. But even so tbh as someone playing the worst version people should probably not fixate on it too much and just accept it for what it is, whatever version you get cause none of them are as good as they should be. But the game is good enough to put up with the bullshit, we put up with it for Bloodborne

Would be nice to get a version of one of these games tho that runs as expected on whatever hardware

I wasn’t surprised that it was the biggest Souls game yet but I am surprised at how big it’s blown up now. It will be interesting what other companies learn from this and what types of influence this game has over the next couple of years.

I'm not sure it does anything new that could have a big influence as such, as very heavy animation committed combat had already become popular post Dark Souls and that's that game's legacy now I think. The open world is a mash of Skyrim and BOTW.

I think the big takeaway from it could be that players aren't afraid of a little friction in their game design, such as difficulty or systems that are a bit obtuse and need experimenting with. It could crack the shell of the mindset that the ubisoft approach is the only 'safe' way to guarantee broad appeal in open world games

But saying that I have no clue why it's even selling like this, it doesn't make much sense cause it's not really that big a departure from the old ones which scared some people away. I think it's even harder than those ones. 

I think Dark Souls was hyper influential and a big reason that AAA games got pulled out of that “push X to win” phase they went through around the tail end of the 360 era. I think it opened up markets for Monster Hunter style games. I think it affected a lot of games on a development level either with indies being Dark Souls inspired or AAA games bringing back some challenge.

However when the game hits new heights and starts outselling RE8. A game that was super big, had big marketing, had spontaneous viral marketing, it will probably effect games on a publisher level. They will definitely look at this game and be like “Why?” And “How do we do that?”

This could be another trend setter, maybe. But what lessons will they learn? I dunno.