passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dragon's Dogma : Dark Arisen.

wholehole

Oh man look at how I dispatched this Saurian

Parried the backswing of an attack he did to a pawn, which made me automatically jump over him then I stingered him off the cliff

I dunno I thought it was pretty cool anyway ?

The combat in this game is so good. I might be near ready to take a break from melee however. I'll train my pawn as a fighter/warrior for a bit maybe and start donning the magic gear for a bit

I love the assassin. Every single weapon except bows has a parry. Shield has parry and hop above and behind the enemy, sword is parry and stab in belly (which is how I dealt with that old man who I can't name because spoilers also btw I beat the dragon) and knives have parry and themln jump on the head of the nearest dude and slit throat.

With magic what I hear is that it becomes very cool when you're a high level sorceror.

I think it's recommended you do the basic vocations before the advanced ones anyway. Some of the basic skills carry over.

Or something, I'm not totally sure.

You should maybe train your pawn in a more tanky role to keep mobs off your back.

The bit of the game I'm at now seems sort of boring. I don't know what I want to do really. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that DLC area yet or not.

And we're done. Liked them big fights in the end. I wish some of those monsters showed up in the overworld, they're cool fights.

That ending though, it's weird as fuck. The story in general has some quite poignant soundbites but it chucks them into the most ludicrous disjointed story I think I've ever witnessed in a game.

Spoiler

Not entirely sure why the guy at the end couldn't have just stabbed himself. I did it. Did it not occur to him while he was spending eternity in the void that he could do that? Fucking idiot. He can come up with flowery language on what eternity and free will is but he can't make the decision to stab himself in the heart.

Anyway, done. Just in time to save the world from ants. Again.

If you're on the fence about this game, it's well worth having a gander at, just don't expect any cohesion with story because that part of the game is a whole lot of nonsense. The rest of it is very satisfying though. I sort of want them to replace the mounting in Monster Hunter with the mounting in this, because it's miles better.

DDcomplete.png

I don't care about spoilers, can you tell me how far that wakestone shite is from the end and if you're free to roam around after you complete it?

I went to Black Butter Island. I haven't really done anything there yet. The grim reaper showed up and I ran away cause I've played Persona 3 and you can't trick me.

I agree with what you say. I haven't read your spoilers, but as uneven as it is DD does things I've been wanting games to do for a long time.

It's like a dungeons & dragons yarn set in a very basic Skyrim ripoff open world but with some light character action combat with enemy encounter design feeling inspired by SOTC and with a great sense of openness that you don't get with the combat in Skyrim or even Dark Souls.

It very very badly needs a sequel.

Are you going to do the DLC?

1 minute ago, one-armed dwarf said:

I don't care about spoilers, can you tell me how far that wakestone shite is from the end and if you're free to roam around after you complete it?

once you have the 20 Wakestones you've got maybe 30 minutes left. I think it kicks you right back to the start of the game though, I'm unsure. @Nag will have to answer that one. You get to keep everything you have, I know that for certain.

3 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

It very very badly needs a sequel.

This. So much this.

3 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Are you going to do the DLC?

I'm unsure right at this minute. This game took me a lot longer to finish than I was expecting, my save file read 52 hours when I'd done, that's double the length I was expecting the game to be. I guess it depends how I feel and how into EDF5 I get and if I have anyone tagging along playing that game, since that tends to be a more sociable thing. I have a feeling I might be on my own as far as my own inner circle of friends goes, but I have a network of people I played that game with so it might be on the backburner for a bit.

Need to finish Moonlighter as well.

I'd bin off the DLC Sly, it would be like eating that last slice of pizza when you're already happily full... Oh, and you find out half way through that last slice of pizza that it was made of bees and fire...

As for the ending.

Spoiler

I'm sure someone has done a lovely YouTube video, but as I seem to recall that the Duke traded the life of his loved one for eternal life and to rule the kingdom.

I also seem to remember that if you do the good ending, its your pawn that wakes up on the beach as the arisen.

It's been a long while since I finished it, I'll see if I can dig up a video that explains it better

Did you not pay any attention? The ants are back. I have duties to the EDF. I have to halt progression faster than science. I have to punch it in the face. I have to find out what swallowed whole means. I have to bulk up so when @regemond eventually joins me I'll be able to hard carry and make him feel like he's done it all himself. Do you understand the magnitude of this situation?

Dark Arisen is a great expansion area, and very different to the open world of the main game, as it's predominantly tunnels, caverns, rooms and corridors. Really worth a play through, albeit you'll be pushing towards 100 hrs total playtime by the time you finish it all (main game + dlc).

44 minutes ago, Sly Reflex said:

I have to bulk up so when @regemond eventually joins me I'll be able to hard carry and make him feel like he's done it all himself.

It worked for 4.1. I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if I'd been dickslapped by some of the tougher levels.

OT - I played dragon's dogma for less than 10 hours then decided I didn't like it. Fight me.

I honestly couldn't tell you what the fuck is going on with the ending apart from things maybe being a cycle (like the Matrix)... I know there's about four or five different endings you can get (with an achievement for each).

The Bitterblack Isle segment is quite different and if you struggled with some of the later game you'll definitely hit a wall with some of these enemies, it takes two run throughs to get the true ending too.

1 hour ago, regemond said:

It worked for 4.1. I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if I'd been dickslapped by some of the tougher levels.

The only people that are going to get their dicks slapped are the Ravagers. They can go back to where they came from. SPACE!

A thing that frustrates me is if you dont bring a mage pawn along you're kind of fucked for healing, you're constantly spamming curatives

That said BBI is weighing my burden limit with curatives so maybe this is something that's more balanced by the DLC.

I dont know what to make of the DLC yet. It reminds me of a dungeon in Dark Souls II or something like that. It even has mimics ?

I'm waiting for an exciting new enemy type. I found this big skeleton guy who dealed loads of damage. I used sword parry on him.

For some reason every pawn I bring that isn't mine does something stupid like drown themselves. Not just in BBI but in general. It's why in always ending up with two people parties