passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Devil May Cry 5

AndyKurosaki

Ive been playing this up to the point where you first switch to V. Its okay so far but I find im just doing the same combos over and over basically, im doing alright with it but I dont see the point of using the fancy moves im unlocking when my combos are working fine.

3 is much better and 5 does have bad structural problems. Visually it might be my least favourite of the bunch. All fairly damning issues, but when the action is so good as it is here it's hard for me not to love it.

A rocket arm that you can ride into groups of enemies to launch them and keep them locked in the air while jump off their heads doing sick air combos, I'm in love.

I'm on mission 12 DMD which I will be getting back to after my holiday. Before I left I clowned on Cavalier Angelo with royal guard.

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Maf said:

@DANGERMAN That’s not sneering. It’s an obvious observation combined with a light jab 

Sorry for trying to have fun, boss! 

fair enough, just make it clearer, it reads to me as having a go at someone for playing a game wrong. Pointing out they're playing a game "wrong" is fine I think (because fuck knows people do), so long as you do it in the right way and explain it

Nero's attacks are all cause and effect, not just about hitting things to death. His skills are all about moving the player character and where they leave the enemy. Which sounds obvious and patronising when laid out like that but when you wrap your head around the idea that Nero is a character that can hit really hard whileat the same time moving really far then the character makes a lot more sense. He has tons of air mobility options that a lot of other character action games do not have. It's not just have this basic dichotomy between "dodging/dashing" and "attacking".

That's the reason to use stuff other than basic sword clobbering combos. He's a very deliberate character with a design that's supposed to not leave you just mashing out attacks.

But Devil Hunter is maybe too easy to encourage actually learning any of the characters other than Dante.

Anyway that's the best way I can think to explain it without being comic book guy. Actually I'm still being a comic book guy but I'm trying to help, honest

To be fair im not a massive fan of the series but thought because of the praise its been getting that I would see if theres anything for me here this time round but seems like its the same old stuff so far anyway.

Made a run at Bloody Palace with Nero. Got as far as level 60 on my first go before I got my ass handed to me by Cavalier Angelo, a boss that I didn't know how to handle as Nero.

But what's great about this BP is you get to practice on any level you unlock, so I got the hang of Cavalier with Nero and I reckon it's a more fun fight with him than with Dante. You can even stop his attacks with the ragtime devil breaker, I never figured that works on bosses.

Spoiler

This game badly needs a boss rush where you can play these fights on any difficulty with anyone

Finished the main story of this (false endings much?) last night and actually really enjoyed it, game of the year contender for sure. They give you so much for your money, plenty of game, lots of replayability, lots of characters without a stupid season pass or anything, it was great. 

There’s so much replayability. Just finished my 4th playthrough,getting to the end of Dante Must Die was really hard. I found V’s levels the easiest,especially with all his skills unlocked. Dante’s missions gave me the most trouble,I used 3/4 gold orbs on a lot of them. 

And  the last two bosses can just fuck right off. They were bad enough on Son Of Sparda difficultly. But here, they were just collossal bell-ends. “Say goodbye to over half your health bar” was a regular occurrence. So I just went “sod this”, farmed a ton of red orbs,and battered their health by using them for continues. A cheap tactic,maybe. But they’re cheap arseholes,so i didn’t care.

And clearing DMD unlocks outfits that give you infinite Devil Trigger. Fun times.

I just loved the ludicrousness of it, it was unashamedly nuts. The bike turns into two swords for crying out loud and then you get a cowboy hat and scarf as a weapon which he uses to dance whilst in this demonic structure, it was such a fun game.

Fun it most definitely is. I need to get around to watching the live-action versions of all the cutscenes,the ones I’ve seen thus far have been gloriously ridiculous.

Blitzed through on Heaven Or Hell mode,only took a couple of hours. It felt quite cathartic,after the sheer torture of Dante Must Die,it was very satisfying to one shot literally everything. Especially the last two bosses. Proper laughed at how easy they went down. 

I draw the line at Hell and Hell mode though. Enemies at DMD level are bad enough. Dying in one hit is equally bad. But only being allowed 3 gold orbs? So you’d have to do every mission,without getting  hit more than 4 times? Nope. That’s most definitely beyond me. Anyone that manages that is just legendary.

I haven't beaten Dante must Die yet, I haven't had time ☹️

I'm on mission 17, with the G Virus looking boyo. It's kind of a crap fight, just hover around his head avoiding his big kicks. I had good fun with the mission 16 boss tho going yeehaw surfing around its head with rockets doing 900s ?

Spoiler

I'm looking forward to 19 and 20. Vergil in DMC3 DMD gave me some wicked handcramps when I ran for the platinum. No way it can be worse than that.

Btw, H&H enemies are at SoS level, so if you can kick them around in DMD then at least they're easier on h&h as they don't have devil trigger.

I hated missions 19 and 20 on both SOS and DMD. I never really got any good at dodging his attacks. And the vast amount of health they drain,meant I got my arse kicked. 

Well,H&H still feels beyond me,I know my limits and that’s most definitely it haha!