passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

DisturbedSwan

I tried playing this again today and maybe I’m just not in the mindset for it but I got about 30 minutes in and called it quits. It’s so unbelievably slow and boring. I’m already bored of trying to use one of the shittest 2 button combat systems ever to take down nobodies for ages just because I’m level 1 and they’re level 2. Hit and dodge hit and dodge. I’m going to yawn myself to death before these guys get the chance to kill me. 

Also assassinating people and them not dying is the worst choice they ever made with these games. That’s the whole cool thing about it.

I’m also in a weird spot where I’m too bored with this slow ass game to do it’s slow ass tutorials but also don’t really remember how to play so kind of need them as well. So I found the middle ground and turned the game off. 

And they put dialogue options in it. Like this game needs to be longer. I ended up turning the sound off and just mashing B skip, skip, skip. 

And then at some point I levelled up and it was like do you want to kick or do 20% extra damage to your assassination skill that can’t assassinate anybody ?

What if I’m not excited about any of those options, game what do I do then

It looks nice, I guess, but all the animations and are so out dated and the NPC’s are so robotic and the environment is so boring that it’s not even very interesting to look at. You sit on the first viewpoint in the game and I look around and I’m like well that’s nice and then you jump off and immediately everywhere looks the same and NPC’s are glitching out and the horse moves like a car and it’s like this game has the verisimilitude and world building of a Lego set. 

I might come back to it at some point in the future again but that’s 2 strikes out of 3, Mr AC:O, I’m not convinced you’ve got what it takes to turn this around. 

36 minutes ago, Maf said:

I ended up turning the sound off and just mashing B skip, skip, skip. 

Sounds like you took your time to give it a fair chance I guess.

From a user standpoint this is basically the same as Breath of the Wild. You either have two hours to spare and are ready to spend 30 minutes of those running or riding a horse – or you don't play it at all.

11 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

Sounds like you took your time to give it a fair chance I guess.

From a user standpoint this is basically the same as Breath of the Wild. You either have two hours to spare and are ready to spend 30 minutes of those running or riding a horse – or you don't play it at all.

This.

So then it's a question of 'is this a world I want to be in and explore, or not'

Is this on game pass. I have a feeling if you'd actually gone out and paid full price for it, you might give it more than 30 mins. As a celebrated minge bag, I played tales of Vesperia, hating every minute of it, before finally giving up at the 50 hour mark.

3 hours ago, bellow said:

So then it's a question of 'is this a world I want to be in and explore, or not'

Is this on game pass. I have a feeling if you'd actually gone out and paid full price for it, you might give it more than 30 mins. As a celebrated minge bag, I played tales of Vesperia, hating every minute of it, before finally giving up at the 50 hour mark.

Not on Game Pass I don't think. I think I bought the Ultimate Edition on PC, but then never played any of the DLC, I've done that so many times ?

I felt much the same with XC1, almost threw in the towel so many times but dragged myself to the finish line. 

I have two copies of the game. The one I’m playing is the Xbox version I’ve got on sale and I don’t know where it came from but I got a still sealed PS4 copy too. 

My total play time is 55 minutes which might not seem like a lot but I also played 80 hours of the last game which is basically the same game so. It’s not for lack of trying or investment. I just very naturally really don’t like it. 

I think the combat is poor, the traversal is boring, I don’t give a shit about this chick or be bothered to pick her meaningless fucking answers to these dead-eyed NPC’s, more garbage loot systems where all you do is pick up crap to breakdown or resell. Cut out the middle man you fucker and just give me the end transaction valuable currency instead of all this garbage. The skill tree is so boring and screams grind. I’m tired of Greek and Norse shit in video games pick something else anything else I’m really, really done with it. 

I just don’t like this game at all. 

• 1 year later...

85 hours into this and ready for my first post on the subject 😃. I'm about level 55 and so it's pretty hard to die at this point, and I have 2 cultist leaders to kill on the outer wheel.

This has definitely been my favourite of the three AC RPGs. I can hardly think of anything I don't like, and it's probably the best open world experience I've had up to know, with every tree, every ruin, every blade of grass convincing and perfectly placed. 

I even like the ship combat in this, and because the game is rather easy (on normal) I'm spending most of my resources getting my ship to near invincibility. I also feel like I've still got loads to do, too, despite my heavy hours played. And I don't mind. It's that good.

There's a boss in this with a devastating flatulence based status attack. He absolutely wrecks you with the sheer power of his arse.

And while this was possibly a bit of comic relief in the Dev studio, it's been the hardest part of the game. I died 4 times before I overcame this sphinctally aggressive adversary. And I'd hardly had a desynchronization in 90 hours before that. 

Closed that legendary hunter questline anyway, and I'm mopping up a fairly long list of support quests before I carry on. What a great game.

I've finished my Odyssey. Wrapped it all up with a bit of a happy ending, although many characters in the story didn't make it, and certain questions were asked as to why I handled things the way I did (violently, mostly).

Luckily, I killed that many people in the game I honestly couldn't remember any of these more 'significant' slayings. It all just merged into a sea of blood and guts. Funny videogames, aren't they.

Still, with everything settled back home in Sparta, I still have have about 7 world stories to get thru (which are rather lengthy side quests). Should mean loads more bloodletting. But what's a girl to do.