passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Helldivers

Hendo

I read the entry on those big fuck off tanks, Simon.

As you'd expect, you need anti-tank specific guns and gear. A fully maxed normal mech will do it, and the 2nd DLC mech is anti-tank.

I'll be playing tonight after my tea, so about half 8 onwards.

I was playing last night after you went and saw that using the EAT stratagem wastes heavy stuff quite quickly. I'll add that to my 4 as a standard. Ammo, mech, dog or shield, EATS.

Dropping the laser as well, there's no point to it once you've learnt how to shoot. The other perks actually do something that improves your other things.

It's a rocket launcher. You get 2 in each drop and they're unlimited with a cooldown of about 2 minutes. Goes in the heavy weapons slot where you get 1 shot to hit something. If you call them down at the start of the mission you can pretty much call them down every time you hit an objective that needs you to sit on them. Obviously not everyone is going to want to pick up the spare one because people like using the machine guns and stuff, but it shouldn't be ignored.

I think it's pretty weird how people don't pick up stuff in this game. I'm totally fine with people picking up my dog or angel if I get killed. I'm still benefitting from it even if it's not flying directly over me, it's better than leaving it where I died and then moving onto the next objective. Same with the ballistic shield thing. Pick the fucker up if I'm dead, there's no point in it going to waste, if you've not got equipment on your back already then you've no excuse not to pick it up. I can always retrieve it if the person that picks it up gets killed further down the line.

Yeah, having the EAT 17 (I call mine Brian Harvey) defo makes the levels a bit more doable. Was playing a 7 with some guys and it was totally doable. If any heavy guys show up you can just waste them right away, as long as you have one in your inventory. Even if it's just a case of throwing down your heavy to pick up the EAT to whack a dude and then go back to whatever you main. You can even smash the nests and stuff up with them without having to call in the massive nuke that usually ends up killing people. 10/10 would EAT again.

When I was streaming could you hear that kid talking? I was trying to keep a lid on it, but he made me pretty angry, while he was in the lobby we took 25 minutes to do 2 missions both resulting in 1 star rewards. As soon as he left halfway through the 3rd mission we wrapped up in about 7 minutes and had 3 star rewards. That baggage is true. I sort of feel bad because there's going to be young kids or just generally shit people on the other side of the internet connection playing and you obviously want them to get better, but when they don't listen or try to go against the grain of what you're trying to accomplish it gets really annoying. I really don't mind the burden as long as they listen to what people are saying but that kid (and a few others that joined in later on) really tested my patients.

When the game is no longer broken (and I'm off work), I've got a good strategy idea for the tough horde levels, Simon.

I'm gonna invest in maxing the distraction strat and anti-tank turret. Go in with the 40% off perk, the above 2 strats, Angel and maybe the heal beam. Just before it starts popping off, throw down the distraction thing on one corner, then start putting the anti-tank turrets down near us.

When the next distraction is ready, put it further down and carry on.

i'm not sure what i think of this so far, although it sounds like it comes into it's own when it gets a bit harder, it's been pretty easy so far. funny at times though - our extraction ship landed on someone, i called in for them to respawn, the respawn pod landed on me.

edit - was the game not working for you guys earlier? we were trying to play about 2:30pm and it kept booting people, might have been psn in general though as gauntlet was doing the same.

Me and Sly played GTA with no problems. I googled it and since Friday night people have had exactly the same problems so I can only guess it's down to it being the weekend on a suddenly popular game.

It even booted me from my own games, set to private, no people in and it would boot back to the main menu.

It comes into its own when it gets harder but you're with a good team that knows what it's doing and each one is pretty much playing a class, depending on what the mission requires.

Also the toys get cooler and more useful as you unlock them and max them out.

I actually managed to finish a couple of matches online!

By no means fixed though, most games I attempted to connect to failed.

From their support forum:

After receiving some complaints from players about server connectivity we assumed that there was some issue on our end due to the huge influx of all the new PS+ players.

After investigating the issue (which curiously occurs seldomly on PC although its the same servers) weve concluded that most of the issues aren't derived from our side, and as far as our diagnostics show the servers have been running smoothly.

We will continue to work with Sony and look into the cause but hopefully it will soon be up and running for everyone again!

In the meantime we are still further improving and optimising our servers to give all players an even better Helldivers experience.

When the game is no longer broken (and I'm off work), I've got a good strategy idea for the tough horde levels, Simon.

I'm gonna invest in maxing the distraction strat and anti-tank turret. Go in with the 40% off perk, the above 2 strats, Angel and maybe the heal beam. Just before it starts popping off, throw down the distraction thing on one corner, then start putting the anti-tank turrets down near us.

When the next distraction is ready, put it further down and carry on.

Doesn't work. Source: I saw someone on Reddit asking about why the distraction beacon doesn't distract and the reply was that it was used to avoid fights that hadn't started rather than thin ranks out from fights that already had.

I saw someone throw up a guide that said something along the lines of "It's really good to have a healer, but if all they're doing is healing then they're a waste of time. They need to be a shooter first and a healer second." They went on to suggest equipping some sort of accurate gun to shoot through the frontline and some sort of ordinance that they can throw over the top so that the DPS of the fourth man actually exists is the best way to go, and knowing when to give up on someone and just queue in a reinforce beacon for when they can be called back in.