passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Helldivers

Hendo

This is fantastic. Also I don't see why people are saying it's difficult. Tonight I spent the session with new players who all knew what to do after the first few games. Any deaths were accidents, stuff like getting squished or trapped and having no way out. Maybe once you start going above 5 or 6.

I'm considering chucking them the £6 odd for whatever that DLC is because I sort of feel guilty for not buying it. It's up there with Rocket League as far as quality goes.

I hope Tommy doesn't plan on playing this. I've met some pretty big, double hard spiders.

In a shooter, I think I could cope! I would love to play this on PC. But I assume you are all playing on PSN... I'll probably pick it up at some stage anyway if it as good as reviews (like this) say it is.

Starting AR and starting pistol - Laser sight - Ammo drop, Walker, Mines, Turret.

I've made the accuracy and magazine on the AR better and gotten the ammo drop down to 5 seconds.

I use the mines to cover an area that we've come from if we're protecting an area, it works out a little bit better than the turret as it doesn't injure the players unless they get too close to it. People are too eager to throw down turrets, they're useful if you put them in an area where they can only fire away from the crew. Not really figured out a better way to use them apart from maybe putting them off screen so that they don't pick up enemies on the other side of you and result in a team down. I'd rather a walker get called in, more versatile than the automated turret since you can move it about and direct fire instead of it just blazing away causing mayhem.

I'll probably look at getting the reinforce drop improved next. Speaking of the reinforce drop, I managed to plant one on that enemy that throws tentacles out the ground. Instakill and a trophy to boot.

I haven't touched the mines at all. I use the turret a lot and tend to put it away from the edge and stay behind it. If the objective is in the middle of the map, it's just a case of playing it by ear or using the duck a lot.

Playing single player it's obviously much tougher as the levels aren't toned down depending on how many players there are. So my strategy has to be completely different and I'm using mech and turret that I'm unlikely to in multiplayer.

I'm pretty much stuck in a rut at the moment where more toys are locked down to higher levels that I'm struggling with. And after a long period of grinding for samples, I've pretty much upgraded all the weapons and stratagems I'm likely to use that I have unlocked.

I've managed to finish a 6 - Very Challenging planet, solo.

I had to take my time and work out the best strategy for each objective and wait for cool downs somewhere safe.

I have no idea why, but near the end I found that I could drop in more than one turret rather than have to wait for the cool down.

I unlocked the friendlier turret for my trouble so the only thing I can guess is that they give you that to play with on that level as well as your normal gear.

Fully levelled up, it's got a much lower fire rate but a quicker cool down and can allegedly distinguish between friend and foe.

I bought the DLC pack. If you get the £6 odd one there's 2 DLC that aren't included. However, if you go into the marketplace after you've bought the collective DLC you can get them for nothing by altering the platform and then clicking the 'free' tab.

if you want to try some of the weapons and drops out, just say. I'll equip them and you can have a play with them if you join a game I'm in. I've been using the watchdog drone which is nice, although it doesn't half rip through my ammo stash. There's all sorts of vehicles and power weapons though. Sadly I can't pass the perks or the primaries on so you'll just have to take my word for it if they are good or bad.

Might DL this on the vita, it's the sort of game that's pretty suited for the portable play.

The tutorial only really shows you the controls. It doesn't display the absolute chaos of trying to kill a tank whilst taking a point or covering someone trying to find and defuse bombs while the world goes to hell around them.

EDIT: It doesn't show you silly buggers getting squashed by the evac either. :lol:

After you went we went to the emergency fights, Duck. Spent the whole night playing level 6 stuff. Some of it got pretty rough in parts, but overall it was doable. Hendo is right, people need to spec into different jobs, there's no classes really but you really need to figure out what the mission needs and fill in any games if people are just doing what they're doing.

Might DL this on the vita, it's the sort of game that's pretty suited for the portable play.

it's good on the vita, but it suffers from the classic scenario of not having 2 sets of shoulder buttons.

I'm clumsy and when wrenching the thumb-sticks about, I often end up accidentally brushing against the front touch screen, which (from memory) lobs a grenade.

Sorry I didn't join last night,was pretty burnt out when I got your invite Sly,went to bed soon after. This lack of sleep at night is doing me no favours. I'll probably be about tonight if anyone else is. As this does seem quite a decent game.

Certainly better than Nom Nom Galaxy.

Met my first arsehole in this today. Came in and started griefing right away. There's no way to kick someone being an idiot from what I can see in the menu's, but luckily the other 2 people in the game just kept stabbing him in the back when he was getting unruly.

I think it has a pretty good community overall though, everyone seems to get it, despite playing from people in places like Russia, Holland, Germany, and Spain everyone seems to get along. I wish every community worked together as easily as that. People in here won't even take ammo you drop in specifically for them, it's a bi weird since in any other game they'd steal your last breath if they could get away with it.

Played this for an hour or so earlier.

Bit disappointed with it to be honest, its got a few unique bits and pieces to it such as the Up, down, left, right stuff when you call in turrets and stuff but I just found it a fairly bland, generic top-down shooter really.

Found it quite dull and didn't really have a great time with it, but then these games have never really been my cup of tea I guess, but give it a few more hours on Saturday if I've got time.