passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Order 1886

DisturbedSwan

Will it get you both off my case if I make Gears my next game?

I'm gonna have to play the Xbox for a week anyway while the TV is off getting repaired (well, until I can be bothered putting the PS4 upstairs).

That image is working now @Nag.  I'm stubborn though, so I'm not taking it back ?

In fairness, at least half of the games EVERYONE should have played, I haven't.

Final Fantasy VII, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie, Command and Conquer, Gears, the list goes on.

I only played Modern Warfare for the first time last year!

2 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

Oh really? Well that sucks.

yeah, the noise cancelling and isolating doesn't work, so it just sounds like the mic is no where near your mouth, which it isn't. Without knowing what I'm talking about, I assume it's just a driver issue, maybe one they've fixed since I last tried.

They do work, and sound good for audio though

• 3 weeks later...

Well that was average. Finally done and dusted. Between a god awful stealth section, a close quarters 'heres loads of enemies' tunnel and what basically amounted to a QTE for the final boss, it just hampered the enjoyment I was getting out of it until that point.

I will say I'd like to see a sequel. I think they could improve a lot and make it something special. The graphics remained impressive all the way through though. A couple of dodgy textures, but for a 3 year old game it holds up against some decent looking games.

Not the worst thing I've ever played at least.

It's three and a bit years old at this point, I'd have thought if it was gone be on there it would have by now.

Definitely pick it up if you see it going cheap, it does some cool stuff. It's just not very good all round. It doesn't really stand out anywhere except in graphics/sound direction.

I adored it at the time, Platinumed it and everything.

In a post Horizon, God of War, Bloodborne etc. Kind of world I’m not sure I would’ve been quite as enamoured by it now but I still always remember my 9 hours with it fondly back in the day.

I can definitely see why someone would like it. It reminds me of when Ubisoft launch new IPs. There's something there, but they haven't quite managed to pull it off.

Like I said, I'd definitely like a sequel to see what they can do with what they've got at the minute. I loved the concept of blending the big cinematic sections amongst the traditional gameplay. It just wasn't that fun when the action kicked off. At least not for me.

Those armoured enemies were arseholes though. Thank fuck for Blacksight.