passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Duck

I decided to look in on odst again, and sort of turned myself around on the game. A bit, at least. Got out of the city onto the beaches, and did one of the best warthog chapters I've done in the whole saga, with a gunman so well programmed to attack the biggest threat, it was like I was on the turret and driving at the same time. Great AI in these games, you have to say.

Sadly I'm back in the city, but I think I've finally got a handle on how the game wants me to perform.  Feel like I'm gonna see the thing out, which I didn't the other day.

I'm feeling this now. This city is ours, and we're gonna defend it. I don't know why. We just are.

Did a nice tank mission then had to defend this monumental plaza from a vast horde of covenant, until someone had the bright idea to trap us in a building full of explosives. That's were I left off. If we're going down here we're taking the covenant down with us.

I'm on the chapter called Data Hive, and going deep underground looking for the stranded captain. There have been some excellent levels in this, real showpieces for what the whole series stands for, and the more I've played the more I'm starting to think this little side game can hold its head with all the main entries. 

At first I didn't like it. I wasn't sure about the tone or the physical darkness of the city. But the strangeness of it has won me over, the quiet streets occupied by patrolling covenant forces, the possibility of stealthing thru buildings and those hints from the unknown. I found a few recordings from what seems to be young girl trying to get out of town. But I probably came to that too late to make sense of it.

Yeah, I really like it now. It's so strange, like the way Rookie (or whoever the initial guy is) is piecing the narrative together thru finding bits of gear all over the city. Weird, and a bit chilling.

Isn’t the story something like that they tested Halo 2 Legendary in sections and debug modes but due to time pressure no one sat down and played it start to finish so it’s just fucked. 

I can’t remember what bit of the game it is, I think it’s when you fight one of the Prophets. But I was watching a speedrun and the guy said that if you get to that point and you don’t have a sniper rifle, you’ve fucked up and it’s essentially game over because it can’t be done without it.

It is done. Squad found and evacuated, alongside a friendly alien engineer, whose compatriots I've been gleefully slaughtering all game😕

Very enjoyable that one. Definitely going to take a break from halo now tho. Will probably play 4, then Reach when I resume. 

Am I right in thinking that 5 is multiplayer only? It seems to be by the description given in gamepass.

28c23733-d9de-497b-826f-cad4654ca8e3.png

a24e1736-14dd-40f9-9bf6-6ce4199e5ab3.png

daff7d75-2b2b-412d-bdac-155fea02657e.png