passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

DRIVECLUB

spatular

Got the bikes expansion when it was on sale and only played a little bit before today. So today I played through all the rest of the bikes main tour, it was fun, I'm not into bike games so can't really compare it to much but just like the cars it feels a bit like the bikes in pgr4. So yeah its sort of in between sim and arcade, and its a nice change to the cars, as the bikes handle completely differently. It has the normal races and time trials etc. But also has trick events (not sure what they're actually called) where you have to do wheelies and stoppies, like an equivalent of the drifting events for the cars but less annoying. Anyway yeah its fun.

• 1 month later...

It's going from bad to worse for the UK video game development industry. After Microsoft closed down Fable maker Lionhead, Sony has now closed down Driveclub developer Evolution.

In a statement Sony said it would try to move some staff onto other projects, but redundancies are expected.
Evolution, based in Runcorn, suffered a round of layoffs in 2015 as Sony shifted focus to updating Driveclub as a service. Now, Sony has taken the next step and shuttered the studio.
Driveclub was announced as a PS4 launch title, but was delayed to 2014. It suffered a disastrous launch that meant it was unplayable for many. The PS Plus Edition was pushed back as Evolution and Sony fought to improve matters.
But since then Evolution has done a good job of updating the PlayStation 4 racer - to the point where it's now considered one of the best racing games available.
The closure also comes as something of a surprise given Evolution was working on a PlayStation VR version of Driveclub that was only recently demoed to press. It seems likely this has now been canned. We've asked Sony for more.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-22-sony-closes-driveclub-developer-evolution

• 9 months later...

Picked this up again after about a year of leaving it. Forgotten how much content there actually is, and how very little of it I had done. Was trying to delete my save and start from scratch, but instead just retried some old races to get a feel

for it. Glad I didn't delete my old save as I managed to get a lot of the stuff I was struggling with last time I played it.