passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Battlefield : Hardline

Hendo

I was looking at something on my blinkfeed about this game and it looks like there's some major change up to what we now know as classes. I would provide a link but I don't remember which site it was on, all I remember is it was some TGS report.

Anyway...

Assault loses defibs, medpacks and grenade launchers and gains ammo packs and something else I forgot about.

Engineer loses RPG and gains grenade launchers.

Support gains defibs and medpacks

Recon, only bitches care about this class, so fuck them. No person in their right mind gives a shit.

RPG's become battle pick ups.

Tracer dart makes a return.

I'm sort of glad they went back to the BC2 way of Assault and Support, it's a change I've never really liked so I'm glad it's going back.

I'm a bit confused about the tracer dart making a return only for the weapons it benefits to be made map pickups. I know it makes more sense for the police/robbers not to be tooled up with these weapons in the first place, but it sort of makes the return of the tracer dart mostly redundant unless they're modifying how it works.

I'm a little confused as to why the tracer dart got dropped in the first place. When you look at some of the junk you can select as equipment in BF3/BF4 none of it really has a place outside of very specific instances and I kind of resent the way that despite having only 4 classes you actually have subclasses in those making classes defined lines blurry. It might be nostalgia calling, but I'd much prefer that they brought back classes that you could distinguish on sight and know what their job is. Like now you have it so that the teams 'medics' don't actually have to have any medical related equipment on them. Same goes for engineers and recons with their elected equipment. Those slots for equipment should not be negotiable. Sure, have different variations of those same equipables, but for me they should fit the job description of the class.

If it was up to me I'd do away with the perks system and all kits weapons by bringing back classes that are tailor built to combat a specific situation. I'd also gimp whatever went into the recons set up, because recons are cunts.

• 4 months later...

I honestly couldn't give a fuck about this game. If I want to play Battlefield, I'll play Battlefield, not some cut down cops and robbers stuff.

It speaks pretty loudly that almost all the people that have tried it have said more or less the same thing. It's "Not bad". That's a shit yardstick to aim for.

And that to me is pretty significant. I've known Sly champion Battlefield for years. For him to say "i'd rather drink a pint of jizz felched from Ann Widdicombes arse" shows how far this has fallen.

And I'm definitely not falling for the "it'll work properly this time" line EA is giving us. Fuck off.

People will still buy it though.

Even after the disaster of BF4, people will still buy it.

Even though people are saying that the new modes aren't balanced properly, and the existing modes aren't really that much of a difference to BF4, people are still going to buy it.

It will still be in the top 3 for a few months.

Generally talking, people are stupid, and even participating in a flustercluck of a beta, I'm sure those pre-orders are going to start rolling in just as soon as Game start offering them.

The pre-orders will prove to EA that the game is a total success, and the game will launch like a wet fart.

EA will say that the issues with the game are "under investigation" and maybe there will be a patch after 3 weeks or so.

I think I'll hang fire for another title to cure my FPS itch.

If previous BF releases are anything to go by it'll release like a wet fart closely followed by a follow through.

I'll be giving it a wide berth until I know the fucker actually does what it's meant to do. No, that statement doesn't include making EA money.

That was a BF4 thing too.

http://youtu.be/T_zIOHF4JFM

I've played the beta quite abit. I still prefer BF4 but for a BF game not made by DICE I think its pretty good.

Some of the squad stuff Visceral have added I'd like DICE to use.

-Like being able to manually take health/ammo off a soldier on your team by press a button on their person.

- "Emergency" defibrillator boxes around the map that any class can use.

- Coloured boxes beside the class names on the selection screen so you can see what class folk are in your squad..stuff like that.

What I really not liking is the radio music...it's pretty forgetful. I think a song like sabotage or something like that would be cool. The only song I can remember hearing that added any atmosphere is sound of da police. Maybe it will be better in the final game.

If you're not squad leader and you request orders and don't get any within 30 seconds, you get promoted to squad leader. That's nice, it might make random squads actually play as a unit if you or someone who wants to can take the reins and give the players some direction.

The stuff like taking ammo and health directly from a player is a nice idea, but really they should be iterating that the players that pick those classes should be schooled over and over until they understand that using their kit will help them gain points, level up and more importantly win. Like, I dunno, flash up on screen in 12 point letting that "*Gamertag* just had to help himself to ammo" and every time anyone has to help themselves make it flash up but increase in size until it's 100 points in size and taking up the whole screen and the only way to get rid of it is to earn a resupply patch.

I really hope that they alter the way they deal with the commorose, on PS4 they have this wonderful pad that's capable of working out where you touch and press on the scratchpad, but they decide to put the commorose stuff on a button that you're pressing over and over again and make it impossible to use the ones you want quickly without finely adjusting. On the corners when you click the pad down you should be able to assign the actions you use most often, whether you're asking for ammo, health, asking people to push up or retreat, saying yes or no to other people, saying follow me or on your six or even asking for a ride or repairs. Just use the bloody tech afforded to you to make players lives that bit easier.

I'm guessing it's exactly the same in the beta as it was in the alpha, which was the same as the way it worked in BF4. Rubbish.

I won't have you dissing batters. Not anymore. BF4 is hands down the best multiplayer fps now and has been a while. I finally got around to playing Final Stand and they're fast becoming my favourite maps.

If that game was at launch, the way is it now, then perhaps I could find it easier to pony up and buy it.

but I feel like a bit of a schmuck for having pumped as much money into battlefield and season passes only to end up mildly disappointed. :(

Battlefield 4 was fun. When it worked. Which it fucking well didn't at launch. And never fixing the "delete your single player save file, every cunting time" was absolute bollocks.

This may turn out ok, but fucked if I'm paying Day One money to find out. Same goes for Dice's Star Wars game.

Battlefield 4 was fun. When it worked. Which it fucking well didn't at launch. And never fixing the "delete your single player save file, every cunting time" was absolute bollocks.

This may turn out ok, but fucked if I'm paying Day One money to find out. Same goes for Dice's Star Wars game.

ah, the sweet sweet promise of a good star wars game.

I certainly won't be holding my breath...