passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

IGN's Top 100 Games of a Generation

radiofloyd

Chin up, you miserable sod. Plus DLC isn't necessarily a bad thing, some DLC is great. Most of it is a cash in, but some of it is really worthy of our time.

I think that there is a golden age. However, I can see the things you mentioned knocking fuck out of games as they are right as of now, until they find a medium that players are happy with.

I was thinking about this. There's about 15 or so of us that post here regularly. If each of you picks x amount of games that you've enjoyed between the 360, PS3 and Wii I'll do an MFG top 100 list.

To flesh out the list I'm going to say pick a maximum of 40 games. I know that's a lot but it works out at just under 5 games per year, I'm sure we've gotten through that. Obviously you don't have to pick 40, that's just a cap. Just pick however many you feel the need to without going over 40 titles. Depending on how people vote, how many games are voted for and how many times certain games are voted for we might not get a top 100.

PM me with your choices, when I've gotten them I'll tally your name up in this thread, when the majority of us have answered within a decent time frame I'll throw a thread up. It'll be nice to see how our choices stand up to those seen earlier in this thread.

It should have been brilliant, but the note charts were all over the shop. Neversoft struggled to get them something like for a few games. Once you got up to hard mode the note charts were absolutely horrendous on GHIII. Plus they filled it with terrible ideas. Boss fights and power ups. Horrible man. Absolutely horrible. It's easily the worst music game I've ever played.

You're entitled to your opinion though, this is one I'm going to have to totally disagree on. It was pap.

it was the one where the wiimote went in to the back of the guitar (had Slash and Tom Morello as a boss fight) if not then I retract my last couple of posts because I haven't played it :lol:

edit: I've found the thread and it is the one we played co-op, and you said it's the greatest game ever made (you didn't, that's a lie, but you do seem to like it and praise the online :lol: )

http://www.mfgamers.com/index.php?showtopic=28112&hl=%20guitar%20%20hero

It's worth reading the thread just because we're talking about how the ps2 version might be the best version to get, which shows how long we've all been here

it was the one where the wiimote went in to the back of the guitar (had Slash and Tom Morello as a boss fight) if not then I retract my last couple of posts because I haven't played it :lol:

Yeah that was GH3.

I thought it was ok in the sense it was Guitar Hero so my default stance at the time was that it was fucking awesome. Looking back, it was a much weaker game than GH2, and paled in to comparison against Rock Band.