passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Twitch Thread

DANGERMAN

I've watched Ed play some COD a couple of times today. He'll be delighted to know that in one of the matches he came top, and the other, which he's currently broadcasting, I'm typing this so missed the results page, but he seemed to be doing well. (Fake edit: I didn't see that unkillable guys name Ed, not sure what was going on)

PS4 twitch seems a bit grainy, I think I remember reading that the xbox version has a higher bitrate, and maybe an ironically higher resolution too. My card has a feature where if you sign up to Twitch you can set it to stream pretty much at the press of a button (press of 2 to be accurate), it works pretty well. Seems to be 30fps and it's 720p, which is less than you play at on pc but given that you're streaming it, it's for the best. It also doesn't impact too badly on the performance in-game, although when I was playing Batman it did seem to run slower with twitch.

anyway, as the PS4, xbox one, and PC all have Twitch now, with android and iphone getting it soon, and some games even having it built it, I thought it might not be the worst idea to have a thread?

and on that note, I got sent a code for Daylight, I'll be streaming that late tomorrow morning if anyone's interested

Hey man, I've always been a lone soldier. I seem to hold my own on Battlefield 4, amazingly. I've only recently got a headset that I can use voice chat with, so maybe I'll squad up properly at some point. It seems a few of us here have the game on PS4 now, it's just finding a time when we're all on at the same time, which isn't very often. I'm really liking the Naval map pack.

Yeah, I've been back on Call of Duty: Ghosts for the last couple days, as they're re-introduced the latest map pack into its own playlist. I really like a couple of the maps, Containment and BayView. Ignition, the remake of Scrapyard from MW2, is OK,, but I hate Fog. That unkillable dude I came across earlier really bemused me. His name wasn't appearing in the list of players in the game, and I'm not sure any of his shots were registering either. I pumped multiple rounds into him and they just went right through, he must have been in the game somehow though as he was reacting to things that were happening. Very odd. Got my K/D back up to 1.16 tonight, trying to get it higher than sibernet, and am currently even.

I've switched on my mic during Ghosts, the wireless 2.0 headset seems to work pretty well. I create a party on the PS4 with just me in it, so my voice will work over Twitch streaming but I won't be heard in the game itself to teammates/in the lobby. I just ramble on, most of the time not saying much at all, but it's something I guess. Maybe I'll hook up my PS Camera soon as well. :lol:

The picture quality from my stream is a lot better since I've had BT Infinity installed. You should have seen how blocky it looked before! I stream most things now, it doesn't impact on the performance of the game at all from my end, so I figure why not. I'm looking forward to being able to archive and edit footage in the next update or so.

But yeah, follow, subscribe etc, and you can get an email notification when I begin streaming. Failing that, I normally let the PS4 auto-Tweet whenever I start. Cheers for watching!

http://www.twitch.tv/retroed | http://www.twitch.tv/retroed/profile/

There's holding your own, and then there's dominating. ;)

Seriously though, you're really good at anti infantry, if you had a pack to run with you'd cut a lot of downtime down looking for ammo, heals or trying to avoid being blown up by armour. You've got potential to be a really amazing asset with a reliable squad.

yeah, there's few problems with the Twitch part but it does work pretty well on pc. Yesterday it knew I was playing Batman and showed that on Twitch, today it still thought I was playing Batman rather than Daylight. Daylight has its own Twitch service built in, so it might be better to use that. Also I wasn't expecting it to show my screen when I alt-tabbed out, good job I didn't have anything personal open :lol:

http://www.twitch.tv/goukiband/b/522897778

Well, I got up to 17 viewers at one point. On one mission I was a bit lost so asked for advice on what to do, and was given it, which was nice.

I think I'm pretty busy this weekend Ben, otherwise I'd have loved to watch. Tomb Raider PS4 had something similar, people would keep typing either revive or die into the stream, although I didn't really notice anything happen.

I've been messing around with Twitch also guys. As it's quite low on the resources of my PC, I'll be streaming any game I happen to be playing. On Formula One race days, it'll be Trackmania 2 Stadium, but most other days it'll be whatever I'm playing. I'll be live streaming my playthrough of Bioshock Infinite very shortly.

Please follow me on http://www.twitch.tv/cyberpunk001

It's a streaming service, for games exclusively I think (might be wrong). It's apparently one of the most visited sites on the net.

If you have a ps4, Xbox one, or a pc you can live stream what you're playing for people to watch. You can have a webcam for your face in the corner, have your voice over the top, or just play.

It's largely pointless if you're trying to make money from it at this point, but it's handy to show off a game

To add to Dangerman's explanation you can stream smartphone games natively now too. Puzzle and Dragons and Asphalt 8 seem to be the most popular to stream. You can also stream from any classic console if you buy a capture device. I've also seen 3DS and Wii U streams via capture devices with both screens (main and gamepad) being streamed at the same time.

PS4 you can save streams to your HDD, but not on Twitch servers. XO you can do video archiving on Twitch servers. Same goes for Smartphones, PC and anything that uses a capture device to stream can be archived on Twitch servers.

Anyways, I mostly follow Korean Hearthstone and StarCraft 2 players, but my SN is TheNerdbilly follow and I'll follow back.