passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dark Souls 2

Pikman

Ha...ha...ha ;)

I can try that although why should it make a difference? It knows what way up it is and looks fine in my photos..

What boss souls items? The actual souls worth quite a lot sometimes? I was tempted as it says something weird about them but I wanted to level up so they are all gone! Going to google it

I wasn't sure what to do next as I seem to have covered all of The Bastille I can. I did see a mist door high up but can't get to it. I need a Pharros stone in in one room but I don't have one nor do I know how to get one. I'm hindsight I shouldn't have wasted one at the Wharf, it was handy but unnecessary. I've tried jumping down the well with the cat ring (apparently there's one there) but I die, so now I'm at Huntsmans Copse, realising I have zero magic protection and not sure what to do about it. I can happily reach the boss though so that is tomorrow's goal, another trio allegedly...

Is there a way to make my armour more magic proof? I don't really want to use souls levelling up for it as I still can't use my ultra buggerer sword :(

Woke up dead early this morning so did a bit more.

Put a load of points into getting my equip load up so I can now use stronger armour and not roll like a whale.

Killed the cathedral guy but can't use his weapon till I get my equip load up even more.

Bit stuck on what to do, tried the Wharf but couldn't find the lever to pull the boss. Also don't have any more Pharos stones.

Tried the Bastille but die too much.

Want any tips? I'm a little further now. Done the Hunstman's Copse (Skeleton Bosses are dead easy) and I'm now in a new area FULL of fucking poison (collect all the non poison stuff you can from Hunstman's Copse, it'll be really useful here). I also got through this area to another but decided to turn it off, that was my lunch hour :)

In The Wharf, just head up high. Past the building with the monsters (and the merchant upstairs). Eventually you'll reach a point where you have to just jump down (its pretty clear I think) and before you do, there's a sexy lever :)

Keep an eye out for another around the next few buildings too, one opens a short cut of sorts (although there is a lot of walking in this level, too much I think).

I still need a Pharos stone for the Bastille, you'll get one soon I think Hendo. You must have missed one somewhere too, not sure where, don't waste it lighting up the Wharf, it doesn't really help much at all. Half the monsters just ignored the fact that they didn't like bright light.

Actually, did you find the secret wall in the Forest (Castle actually)? In the area behind Pate and the gate? I left a message on the floor, no idea how it chooses who's game to show it in though.

Where did you enter the Bastille from? I think it's a lot simpler from the Wharf than the Forest as you can go back to the bonfire, once you have 2 or more bonfires there you'll piece it all together and it is far simpler. Plus you can always make a quick retreat.

There's a hidden bonfire too, you'll soon find it I'm sure ;)

Edit: I still can't wield that massive sword unless I take a hit to my defence (I'm about 6-7 levels away I think).

But... I think I now need to focus more on magic defence as this next area is killing me. It's quiet a tricky game this. I need about 13k souls for the next level, I only levelled up twice after the last boss :(

I think I entered the Bastille by getting carried there. I unlocked the other bonfire by the merchant/blacksmith.

I'll have a look in the forest, I definitely opened a secret room in the room with a deadly chest, don't know if that's the same one.

I got invaded too and nearly had him but they were too strong and quick for me.

I did too, that bonfire is well handy to have.

It's not that one I don't think, there's another, at the base of the steps with 3 dudes at the bottom. It's literally hidden in a wall and you only find it pressing x (or A maybe).

Invasions stress me out and there seems like no gain other than to fuck someone over, which is a bit shitty.

I can finally wield an ultra sword with no concessions with my armour. Not sure it's worth it though, it doesn't do THAT much more damage and just gets stuck on everything. Kinda annoying that I spent level after level improving the carrying stat...

Had 15 minutes to kill before work so went in and wandered through the level beneath the pit in Majula to get my souls back.

I have a ring on that pulls me into other people's games so sure enough I got pulled into a game to help banish some dude that entered their game. It was close but he beat me. I would've had them bar the rats around that ignored them and attacked me so I think I did quite well considering.

I could try the boss in that area but still unsure the best area to try next. I might try going back and forth clearing out the path towards the boss in Bastille.

How the hell did you survive the fall into the hole? I have the cat ring but still die, maybe I need more energy? You didn't use magic right?

I killed the Lost Sinner too now. So I'm working through that really poison filled region. Can't find any other worlds as yet. Bastille and Huntsman Copse are all clear I think.

Not sure if I'm levelling up right, spreading things too thin I think.

I used the cat ring but also have been putting points into my health. Look down and make sure you aim to land on the right plank of wood. Then it's a bit of platforming skill making your way down.

There's a ladder to somewhere else there too but not figured out how to get to it yet.