passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: DOOM 2016

Sly Reflex

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Eliza

Oh my fucking god, that's such a good choice. Now, in fairness I don't know if it's a good choice for a streamed game but it's such a brilliantly written, intelligent game that has been getting overlooked for almost a year now. It's simultaneously surreal and close to home, relatable and thought-provoking, depressing and hopeful.

And in a nice twist it also has some excellent UI and graphics designs to boot, making it look like a triple-A Visual Novel or something. I hope you find it equally as fascinating. And I hope I haven't pre-emptively ruined it for you by influencing your expectations.

That's Eliza finished. A pretty enjoyable 'game' overall, one that you'll see yourself identifying with the characters a lot more than you would like to. 

Next up is Observer. I know it's a horror game, but know very little about it.

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Observer

Observer has been started, might take me a few weeks of playing since I feel like I'm clumsily stumbling through it, and I am reading everything as well which will lengthen the play through.

The next games have being picked though.

• The Ball
  • Dead Space
  • This War of Mine
  • Newt One
  • Graveyard Keeper
  • Splice.

A few horror and gore themed games for October. Also we might be able to settle the Isaac talking issue if that wins the vote.

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Dead Space

Unsurprisingly Dead Space won by quite a margin. The next games for voting have been picked though.

They are

• Fight N Rage
  • PLANET ALPHA
  • Just Cause 3
  • Don't Escape
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Dead In Vinland

A nice mix of big, little and some oddities.

• 5 weeks later...

Oops. forgot to update this.

So Tomb Raider won and was finished off tonight. Until December starts the streams will probably be a grab bag of stuff that I wouldn't normally stream since there's no end to them.

During December we'll be Skyrimming as is tradition. Voting for the next lot of games will begin at the end of December ready for 2021 streams.

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Voting Continues Late December
  • 1 month later...

If you've read this on the discord, then you don't need to read again. Well you don't need to read it anyway, since you probably don't give a fuck either way.

A while back someone asked that one of the games be removed as it'd never get played. I refused because one day it might get played. I have no issue playing shite games, but if the people coming by to watch the streams have no interest, then it's probably for the best that it gets removed from the pool of games. Stuff like Toki Tori has been pulled a few times and always ends up getting no votes.

Having thought it over, I've decided that if a game gets no votes it'll be removed from the list. It gives peoples votes a bit more power I think. Since people can vote for as many games as they liked, giving someone the option to save a game they might like to see again means that votes matter both ends of the scale.

Anyway normal service for voted game streams comes back on Saturday the 2nd. Not sure which game it'll be yet, since voting is still ongoing.

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Voting Underway
  • 4 weeks later...

Two Point has been finished, and The Wolf Among Us won the last vote with 10 votes.

Next games have been drawn to be played after TWAU since it's very short and were:

• FTL
  • Unrailed
  • My Time At Portia
  • GRIS
  • Okami
  • Steel Rats

Nice bit of variation there. 

• 1 month later...

Okami is nearly done. The next 6 games have been drawn and voting is currently ongoing.

• Grand Theft Auto IV
  • Trailmakers
  • Zwei:The Ilvard Insurrection
  • Sunless Skies
  • Injustice
  • Eurotruck Sim 2

A real motley bunch there. One has raced out in front, but it's all to play for. Okami isn't finished yet so there's a week or more to go.

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: DOOM 2016