passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Grand Theft Auto V

Jimboxy

I've spent about 50 hours in the game and I don't remember one instance where I was encouraged to kill a woman or prosecute a woman over a man. I've knocked people over, killed them for getting lippy or carjacked them. Thinking about it it's pretty equal when I look at it. There's no man/woman divide, just people unlucky enough to get in my way.

The level of detail in this game just amazes me the more I play it. Last session I noticed that Michaels leather shoes creak when he's walking about, that is just some crazy attention to detail.

The juxtaposition between the super right wing redneck talk channel sharing its bandwidth with the extremely laid back reggae always makes me smile whenever I go across the border and it transfers across.

Massive 6 hour session there that consisted of shooting sharks, collecting toxic waste, talking to trees, bombing gun runners and offroading contraband through the boondocks. It looks like the story stuff is wrapping up. I really don't want it to end though, it's easily one of the best games commited to code over the last few years.

Also, and this is something that disturbs me a little bit, whenever I see a cat/dog/coyote I chase after it and kick it. I did it out of frustration once and thought it was hilarious, so now I seize every opportunity to kick anything that's small, furry and in my vicinity.

Finished off the Kifflom mission tonight.

I was so pissed off that when they gave me a tractor that wasn't worth shit that I instantly reloaded, went to the nearest ammo-nation, tooled up and went to fuck shit up. First try I decided to break the convoy, but it was impossible to escape the goons and the police what with the various helicopters shooting into the car it wasn't long until I succumb to headshots. My only weakness!

Second time I went to the drop off, got out the car and lobbed a grenade right into the chopper, it took off and then exploded in a ball of flames. I killed all the dudes that rushed me and then went to escape the police, which wasn't as hard this time. Some more goons came for me which were easily dispatched. That's it, mission complete, have 2 million dollars for your trouble. Nice.

I can see why some people had issues with it, but I thought it was a pretty good riff on the whole Scientology thing. The worse part was finding the cars for me, the one that looks like a Lamborghini took me forever to find, the most annoying thing was that when I went to put it in the garage another one spawned right behind me. Fucking game!

The desert wandering was a bit dull until I decided to start chasing and kicking the wildlife. You've not lived until you've run through the desert wearing space pajamas while kicking a coyote all while shouting "KIFFLOM!" over and over.

I've also done the submarine stuff. If anyone else is going to do it, my advise would be to do the bulk of your travelling in first person view. Because there's only one submarine you're going to have crazy amounts of travelling if you make a mess of it and beach the sub because you're going to have to leave it and go get a new one at the sub spawn. Going clockwise, stay in the deep water, and every so often check the map to see if the next collectable is likely to be across a spit, sandbar or head, drive (swim?) around it and then when it appears you're getting close to it then start rooting around for it. It's not particularly hard, it's just that the way they've made it means that you have to pick the waste up in the order they want you to by using a phone gimmick. You don't really have a say in what way you want to pick them up, unless you are superhuman and know where they all are without using the sonar rubbish.

It's well worth doing though, I mean it makes that business turn over some serious bucks, if you do what I did and buy and sell shares in between pickups you're going to get minted really quickly.

I noticed we have a MFG gang but it looks defunct. Can you hand over the reigns or disband the old one so I can take over? I can imagine a few of us playing this together online (you can play in a private city so nobody spoils the fun) and it'd be nice if we could get the bonuses for all being under the same crew.

You're a more patient man than I am to get the sub missions done. I just found them fucking boring, and a waste of my time.

As for Kiflom, they must have put coyotes in the desert for this re-release. As I definitely saw none in the PS3 version. So imagine doing that desert bit, without being able to kick a coyote in the face. Pretty. Fucking. Tedious.

I was running around in circles to start with, it started off being funny when he's talking to himself, but it became tedious very quickly. Kicking animals FTW though, I was having so much fun that even when the 5 miles was up I continued chasing stuff for a bit.

Oddly I found the sub stuff quite relaxing, plus it gave me a chance to listen to the radio properly. The pop station has a lot of music on it that I will shamefully admit to enjoying. Not many games give me the chance to sing Robbie Williams 500ft under the sea while I try to ram a shark against a wall.

I think Hendo will enjoy the collecting stuff. It's not as nice as other games but it's got that addicting quality to it. Plus you can use the social club to hunt the ones down that you've missed.

They think it's all over, it is now!

I went for ending C.

I was tempted to kill Trevor due to him turning into a bit of a cunt , I can understand why he'd be like that, but he didn't half plaster it on to the detriment of his character. Despite that, He remains the best written anti hero I've ever seen in a game.

I really liked the way it went 'Strangers on a Train' at the end where you set out to kill your friends main hassler. It was a nice way of wrapping up the story cleanly and showing that the characters care for each other, albeit in a really weird psychopathic way.

To date I think it's the most comprehensible GTA we've ever had. It doesn't have you working for a million different contacts that hand out a few missions before pawning you off to another set of contacts that do the same thing. Of course there's a lot of missions but the core ones are easy to follow. It's not like it's passing you through every stereotypical gangster and criminal in Los Santos. So that's nice. The missions outside of the main storyline are all nice and varied and most importantly fun. Even the ones that require you to drive from point a A to B are amusing enough given that the dialogue you get treated to is usually top drawer.

It's kind of hard to find flaws that impact on the game. There are tiny things that irritate me, but there's really nothing here that scars the beauty that this game is. I really couldn't recommend it enough.

Doing clean up stuff for the 100% now. Chop is pretty useful for finding the collectables, but it's annoying as fuck that he can guide you to other pickups as well.

If it gets too frustrating I'll just use a guide. I can see they wanted to do something different with the dog, but it's a bit misguided. It's be much better if it pinged a circle on the map so you knew where to root about in like other open world games do.

In the mean time I've been making a killing on the stock market. Money means absolutely nothing now I have so much of it. I bet I end up with billions by the end of it.

I'm looking forward to Nag opening his on Christmas so we can do some online together. Co-op robberies sound like a right laugh. Anyone else want to jump in?

You can set him on people, which is amusing. Some lifeguard was giving me some lip so I let the dog savagely attack him to death. Fun for all the family.

Actually posting that has given me an idea. I wonder if he can attack animals? I'm going to try next time I play.