passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Grand Theft Auto V

Jimboxy

It's good. Not surprisingly.

I didn't like IV at all so it's a bit of an upgrade for me because the last GTA I played through was Vice City on a borrowed PS2 10 years ago. I'd liken it to that more than IV. It's all nice and pretty, relaxed and a great sense of fun in both missions and going off radar.

It's GTA through and through and it'll never do anything to persuade none fans to pick it up and it's not deserving of hype such as game of this generation, but I can see that it will fit nicely with the rest to become one of the greatest open world games of any gen, and best GTA evaz.

It was quite funny yesterday to see everyone on my friend list playing GTA 5. I gave it a play last night, and was instantly hooked. And as said above, it's a massive upgrade on GTA 4. I liked 4 quite a lot, but it had lots of little niggles that distracted me, namely annoying side characters, and poor handling. The handling in 5 is spot on. The cars feel like they have weight, and behave like they should. Also, I've liked all the characters so far. No annoying cousin that keeps ringing me up to go to strip joints. Seriously, all I wanted to do to Nico's cousin in GTA4 was shoot him in the face.

The town of Los Santos is almost like coming home after a long time away. I put so much time into San Andreas back in the day, that I keep expecting to run into old characters from that game. The lay-out is different, as you'd expect from the new super-sized map. I've not had chance to explore properly yet, as I'm still new to the game. I'm waiting for the opportunity to get in a plane, and fly about the wastelands. I'm loving the game so far. Maybe the double topless lapdance I got at the club has something to do with it. I've only and hour and a half into the game so far, so I've not seen anything new and revolutionary yet. No heists have been done yet. Just honest GTA fun so far. I cant wait until tonight when I get to play again.

I thought the game started quite memorably, one of the better beginnings in a game. I've just been fucking about really, a bit of story here, meeting a stranger there. I saw some dude rob some bird of her purse so i got in a car, caught his ass up, ran him over, retrieved the purse and gave it back to the woman. There was no real reason for it that I could tell but that's what I liked about it. I'm digging the paparazzi missions with Beverly as well, that guy cracks me up.

Yea, its a masterpiece. Its odd because if you didn't like previous GTA games this isn't the version to change your mind I don't think, its not different enough to talk you round. But, if you enjoy the formula your in for a fucking treat because they've pretty much perfected it, from driving to combat to mission variation. San Andreas is an incredible site to see from the air, i was in awe when I was in a helicopter high above Los Santos.

The main thing is I'm having fun and lots of it gosh darnit.

You'll be able to spend between £1.99 and £13.49 in Grand Theft Auto Online for individual packs of in-game money, people with early access to the mode have told Eurogamer.

The four GTA Online currency cards spotted yesterday in the code of Rockstar's own site are still to be officially announced, but we understand they will have UK prices of the following amounts:

• $100,000 Red Shark Cash Card - £1.99
    $200,000 Tiger Shark Cash Card - £3.49
    $500,000 Bull Shark Cash Card - £6.99
    $1,250,000 Great White Shark Cash Card - £13.49

These details originate from a source with early access to Grand Theft Auto 5's multiplayer mode. While details may still be tweaked prior to its final release, this is how things currently stand less than a week before it goes live.

Simply put, the more expensive the cash pack, the better the exchange rate you'll get. But it's also worth noting that while GTA Online uses the same world as GTA5, prices for in-game items do vary between the two.

A car that costs $1 million in the game's single-player mode can be bought for much less in Online - more like $150,000. Properties are also cheaper - the most expensive you can own is $400,000.

And you can only own a single property. When you trade houses you get a rebate on the place you've moved from, so you can re-use your in-game credit to some extent.

But while some things are cheaper, others are more expensive. You'll pay more for weapon and car mods, and most are initially out of normal financial reach. Yet any potential access to these items can only be unlocked when your character ranks up.

This means that, even with extra money from cash packs, a low-level character will have few options to initially spend it on. Players start with the option to buy just pistols and a single set of tyres.

GTA Online's micro-transactions may provide less of a boosting mechanic than first expected, then, although limited-time consumables will also be available.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-25-grand-theft-auto-online-micro-transaction-pack-prices-revealed

I recently lent my copy of Red Dead Redemption to a friend, and was watching as he played it last night. The voice acting in that game is pretty spot on. Mind you, it's another Rockstar game. I also noticed the stuff from Red Dead that carried through to GTA5. Auto-aim, weapon wheel, stuff like that. I never p[layed the last Max Pain, so I don't know how that one worked.

In my last GTA5 session, I got to the torture mission. It didn't freak me out like I thought it would, having read some of the reviews.

It was pretty comical in places, and downright nasty in others. My only problem is I couldn't for the life of me, see Trevor, Franklin, or Michael getting into this. Yes, I can see Trevor torturing someone, but he'd do it because he wants to, not because the FiB wants him to. Just my cripe. I've loved the story so far.

Thanks to the stupid fucking Xbox d-pad and the stupid fucking game I just exited a triathlon after about 25 fucking minutes of constantly tapping fucking A. Why would it not make me hold the fucking button down? Fuck you game. Fuck you. Grrr.