passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy XV

radiofloyd

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hahaha a release date for the release date, oh Square how you make me giggle.

XV is looking incredibly good, not played Duscae but heard good things, I'd bet on a late November/early December release date.

Any Metacritic predictions?

This far from release it is difficult to say but I'd make an 88% prediction at the moment ;)

• 1 month later...

Loads of news just come from the Uncovered FFXV event in LA:

• Square are making an Anime, Brotherhood: FFXV - All Episodes free, available on YouTube now (link coming later).
  • Square are making a CGI Film, Kingslaive: FFXV, starring Sean Bean, Lena Headey and Aaron Paul (available to buy as a download or streamed later this year).
  • Square and Audi have collaborated to make a 1-of-a-kind Audi R8.
  • Square are releasing a Platinum Demo for FFXV for free which is a standalone introduction to FFXV and stars a young Noctis (protagonist), should be up on PSN/XBL in a few hours in the UK.
  • Square announced a Deluxe Edition (£69.99- GAME or Square Enix EU Store).
  • Square announced a Unlimited Collector's Edition only 30,000 available, exclusively available on the Square Enix Store at 9pm PT (US), 5am BST (UK) (£190 - Square Enix EU Store).
  • Release date is: September 30th, 2016.

Archive of the Stream can be found here:

Haven't heard good things about the demo either, sounds quite short and bare bones, doubt it's representative of the full game though, just a short prologue experimental demo, I'll give it a go tomorrow probably.

Pre-Ordered the UCE myself, yes I am mad, I've never finished an FF game and have only liked X but there's only 30,000 of them so it could actually be a CE that's actually collectible for once.

Yeah the demo has a unique storyline, it won't be in the main game.

Here's the new trailer:

Looks amazing. The theme song is Stand By Me covered by Florence and the Machine.

Here's episode one of the Brotherhood anime:

The steelbook for the Deluxe edition looks sick, definitely getting that.

FFXV-Special-Ed-Init_001.jpg

Yeah it looks incredible Nag doesn't it, stayed up and watched the conference this morning and it was just pure fan service, reminded me of the Star Wars Celebration for the atmosphere, hype and excitement inside that arena, just incredible.

I'm not even hugely into FF, never finished one and only liked X, and I was so hyped by that conference this morning, my jaw dropped so much I've had a sore chin today.

Ultimate Collector's Edition contents:

Ppxzqf0.jpg

Played the demo. It's just a short little tech demo, with a 'boss' at the end. It isn't a prologue or anything as it has basically no story (like the last 2 main FF's :P)

It's a nice looking engine and the combat at the end was fun. I just hope the world and story are cool. XIII was such a let down.