passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

E3 2013

Uncle Dokuro

so who is watching what tomorrow? I'm definitely going to be watching the xbox show, Ubi had a good show last year so I might watch theres (especially if Aisha Tyler is back hosting), I think I'm going to stay up for the Sony one just out of fear of what they're going to say, and I might as well watch the EA one if I'm doing all that.

I'm going to be in full mod mode, I'll start separate threads with feed links in the OP so this thread doesn't get too cluttered, then start individual threads for any games that need it. I might even wear a suit :o

Live streams are never reliable, so I will be watching live coverage of all the press events live on Spike TV.

Alienware (which I think are overrated) debuted three new gaming laptops at E3 for gamers who don't want to build their own rig. Love the 32GB DDR3L in the top line model. Dell says prices might change.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2013/06/10/e3-2013-dell-unveils-new-trio-of-alienware-laptops/

Alienware 14: Baseline Price $1199

• 14-inch 1366×768 Anti-Glare 200 Nit Display OR 14-inch 1920×1080 IPS 300 Nit Display
  • Intel INTC +1.67% Core i7-4700MQ through Intel Core i7-4900MQ
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M OR NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M
  • Up to 16GB DDR3L Memory at 1600MHz
  • Single Drive Options:
  • Multi Drive Option 1: 256GB mSATA Boot + 750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s
  • Multi-Drive Option 2: 512GB RAID 0 (2x256GB SSD) + 256GB mSATA SSD Storage Drive
  • All Models: 7.1 Digital Audio Out, Powered by Klipsch (2.1 external output with subwoofer)
  • 6-cell Lithium Ion Battery
  • 5G WiFi Broadcom BRCM -1.44% 4352 802.11n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0

Alienware 17: Baseline Price $1499

• 17.3-inch HD+ (1600 x 900) Anti-Glare 220 Nit Display OR 1920×1080 400 Nit 3D Display
  • Intel Core i7-4700MQ through Intel Core i7-4930MX with overclocking options
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M, 770M, or 780M
  • Up to 32GB DDR3L Memory at 1600MHz
  • Multi Drive Option 1: 256GB mSATA SSD Boot + 750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s
  • Multi Drive Option 2: 1.5TB RAID 0 (2x750GB 7200RPM) + 64GB mSATA SSD Caching
  • Multi-Drive Option 3: 768GB RAID 0 (3x256GB SSD) + 256GB mSATA SSD Storage Drive
  • 4 User-Programmable Keys
  • 8-cell Lithium Ion Battery
  • 5G WiFi Broadcom 4352 802.11n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0

Alienware 18: Baseline Price $2099

• 18.4-inch 1920×1080 WLED TrueLife 350 Nit Display
  • Intel Core i7-4700MQ through Intel Core i7-4930MX with Overclocking Options
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M, 770M, or 780M with SLI Enabled
  • Up to 32GB DDR3L Memory at 1600MHz
  • Multi Drive Option 1: 256GB mSATA SSD Boot + 750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s
  • Multi Drive Option 2: 512GB mSATA SSD Boot + 750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s
  • Multi Drive Option 3: 1.5TB RAID 0 (2x750GB 7200RPM) + 64GB mSATA SSD Caching
  • Multi Drive Option 4: 768GB RAID 0 (3x256GB SSD) + 256GB mSATA SSD Storage Drive
  • 9 User-Programmable Keys
  • 8-cell Lithium Ion Battery
  • 5G WiFi Broadcom 4352 802.11n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0

^ great summary post there radiofloyd.

i'm just catching up on stuff i've missed, there's so much info i've struggled to keep up.

usually there's a who won E3 thing - so who won for you?

i was only thinking about that because it seems like sony have won by a mile for most people, i mean i'm onboard with the ps4 too, but the main reason is the no drm stuff. but in terms of games i'm struggling to think of many of the xbox/ps4 exclusives that i'm that interested in, forza 5 but that would require an xbox one and a new steering wheel, so prohibitively expensive when gt6 is out around the same time and i already have all the gear for that. i'm sure they'll both be great. that dragon game, that indie game sony didn't show, i'm sure i'm missing some stuff mind. nintendo may have had more games i'm interested in, but they're mostly a long way off.

i've not seen the nintendo one yet, just some trailers, but it seems like sony/ms both had good shows, sticking to showing games, no big messups. ms just didn't really mention the drm except that 10 user thing which they didn't explain properly.

Unless there's a turn-around of policy (which they could do, as it's software based and not hardware), I am not on board with the Xbox One in any way shape or form.

There were some exclusive games they showed that I'd be interested in, but realistically they will end upon iOS, Steam or 360. Or could just be timed exclusives.

The only console I'm sold on so far is the PS4 and apart from the clear line in the sand that has been drawn, it mostly comes down to a more open platform for indie developers which is one of the most important things for a console manufacturer to do to draw me in on this day and age because that's where the originality is coming from.

Nintendo's games seemed good, nothing massively surprising though. I'd still be concerned if I was a share holder.

Unless there's a turn-around of policy (which they could do, as it's software based and not hardware), I am not on board with the Xbox One in any way shape or form.

There were some exclusive games they showed that I'd be interested in, but realistically they will end upon iOS, Steam or 360. Or could just be timed exclusives.

The only console I'm sold on so far is the PS4 and apart from the clear line in the sand that has been drawn, it mostly comes down to a more open platform for indie developers which is one of the most important things for a console manufacturer to do to draw me in on this day and age because that's where the originality is coming from.

Nintendo's games seemed good, nothing massively surprising though. I'd still be concerned if I was a share holder.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Although I have an open ended indie friendly machine already and have no interest in getting a PS4.

It's going to take a lot more for Sony to sell me another machine, they just don't do it for me now.

I updated that post with videos of Need for Speed: Rivals and World of Tanks: 360 Edition, which I forgot about.

As for the PS4/Xbox One divide, I'm completely on the side of the PS4 now. Not just because everything about the Xbox One is kind of a disaster (connecting to Xbox Live once every 24 hours would be ridiculous for me, at least for as long as I'm living at home, which will be at least until the end of 2014), but also because in the long run I think the PS3 had the better exclusives.

There are already enough reasons to own a Wii U and I'll probably get one at some point.

For me the runaway highlight was the back to back announcement of Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3. Once a Square fanboy, always a Square fanboy. :)

I think Destiny, Metal Gear Solid V, Titanfall, Watch Dogs and The Witcher 3 had the best presentations.

While it barely had anything I want I actually thought the Microsoft conference was the better put together of the two, Sony lacked any sort of punch until the drm stuff. Oddly too, in terms of games I'd definitely buy if I had the console Nintendo probably won out. I'd buy Mario, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta, X, and Smash Bros.

But 5 minutes from Sony and e3 was won. The WiiU's games are too spread out, the xbox is an xbox and has the drm shite around it, the ps4 will have the 3rd party games I want plus Sony's better 3rd party games

The best conference was Ubisofts imo, worst EA. One was fun with interesting looking games and new ideas, the other was the same games we've seen every year for 5 years

Who won? Gamers won. There are tons of great game for every demographic and across all platforms. Plus two new and exciting platforms are on the horizon, which will inject new IP's into the market place. Really it's a great time to be a gamer.

Who won? Gamers won. There are tons of great game for every demographic and across all platforms. Plus two new and exciting platforms are on the horizon, which will inject new IP's into the market place. Really it's a great time to be a gamer.

Especially when you factor in the number of incredible games (more like labours of love from what I can see) coming out on PC - The Age of Decadence, Asylum, Broken Age, Broken Sword 5, Divinity: Original Sin, Dreamfall Chapters, Elite Dangerous, Owlboy, Project Eternity, Shadowrun Returns, Shroud of the Avatar, Star Citizen, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Two Brothers, Under Rail, Wasteland 2 - none of which were at E3. And that just scratches the surface.

Especially when you factor in the number of incredible games (more like labours of love from what I can see) coming out on PC - The Age of Decadence, Asylum, Broken Age, Broken Sword 5, Divinity: Original Sin, Dreamfall Chapters, Elite Dangerous, Owlboy, Project Eternity, Shadowrun Returns, Shroud of the Avatar, Star Citizen, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Two Brothers, Under Rail, Wasteland 2 - none of which were at E3. And that just scratches the surface.

True that. I'm sure those games will be at Eurogamer/ Rock Paper Shotgun's Rezzed PC Games Show. Ubi had Mighty l00t for PC @ E3, which looks really good.

Also E3 had some new PC components on show.

Nice spreadsheet DANGERMAN. Excluding indie games, that really highlights that the games I want are nearly all on platforms I already own. Theres only really driveclub (which I hope is good, but suspect I won't like), forza and the new halo, whatever that's going to be. Although some games will just be on either ps4/one so will require a new console of some variety.

Got to agree it was a great e3 with the excitement of the new consoles. But no new games really wowed me though. Well mario looked ace but it's similar to the 3ds game, which was also ace so that's no bad thing, just takes away any wow factor. Witcher and mgs similarly looked ace but we already knew about them and that they'd likely be great. Or maybe I'm just getting old.

thanks but I didn't make it (someone on reddit did I think, I stole it from gaf) :lol:

I was actually surprised by how many WiiU games there were, but yeah, the 3DS list is a bit disappointing (probably because it's largely Japanese devs making stuff for it)