passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Anomaly Korea

DANGERMAN

I thought I'd start a thread for this rather than leave it in the app thread as a lot of us played the first game.

And if you did then you'll know what's going on as Anomaly Korea kind of feels like a map pack for Warzone Earth. I'm trying to think if there's anything new in it, there's a power now that boosts your attack power, I think that's new, and flame damage is a thing now (complete with a flamethrower vehicle that I think was in the first game). They do have more directed missions, so there's one where certain zones restrict what powers you can use, and one where you have to get to 3 information towers before they're destroyed, it does get to the point quicker than the first game did.

It's also way shorter than the first game, unless there was a difference between the pc version and the mobile version anyway, as the PC version had a chunk of levels, then opened up another area giving you more. Anomaly Korea is just Korea, and only 12 missions (unless they add more). You do unlock 'Art of War' missions though that are supposed to be ultra hard (haven't tried them yet)

That all being said it's still really good, for those that didn't play the first game it's a "tower offence" game, so rather than place towers to stop incoming waves you command vehicles to take out enemy towers. You can choose the route, choose which vehicles to use, upgrade them, and add more. There's powers like healing, distractions, smokescreens, and increased damage that you place on the field and while you're in their radius you get that effect.

It's still really good, but Warzone Earth felt like the biggest bargain in the world, it was huge and brilliant, this feels like something they got out quick to capitalise on that. I don't really begrudge them, and it's still worth playing, and will take you a few hours to complete so it's not short either, only compared to the first game

I really enjoyed Anomaly Warzone Earth. And I'm not the biggest tower defense game fan either. I got it cheap in a Humble Bundle. I think it was an Android bundle, as I have it on my phone too. It works really well on both Phone and PC. I'll have to give Korea a look.

Yeah it's a bit of a missed opportunity. I'm most the way through and they haven't done much with the Korea setting.

It does feel like a level pack, but it's such a good twist on tower defense that it's good to go back.

You have to take the com station. You have to clear the areas surrounding it. There's energy bridges connecting each section so you have to do them quickly. I can do the first section ok but lose it on the second.

I was making liberal use of bombs to clear a route, and had the item maker building them too. I think I'm right in saying that once you've freed the com you can spend more time in the area to pick up any money items you missed