passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Far Cry 3

Hendo

Well no-one else will so I'll start a topic.

I'm very early on, done the mission for the doctor which turns a little "odd". I'm always running out of space in my wallet and my crafting pouch so I'm gonna have to take some time out of the main quest to make some bigger pouches.

Having seen what the PC version looks like, the 360 version is definitely poorer visually but it's still passable.

I'm loving this so much. I've barely done any of the storyline, the last thing I did was the magic mushrooms in the cave which was very well done I thought.

I've been spending most of my time climbing radio towers, capturing outposts, and hunting animals to increase my inventory. Time just seems to disappear playing this. I start off with the intention of finding a certain animal or radio tower, but then get sidetracked due to the randomness of everything happening around you. I captured an outpost yesterday by simply firing an arrow at a cage that had a bunch of dogs inside it. They took out all but one enemy. I've watched komodo dragons take out a load of bad guys, while I watched from the top of a radio tower, casually sat there eating my popcorn and enjoying the show. The stealth in Far Cry 3 works so well, tagging enemies and predators with your camera, allowing you to see their movement. It's near flawless.

At the moment I can carry three weapons, up to $4k, 48 items, 7 syringes, and I've upgraded the ammo pouches and amount of arrows I can carry. Weapon wise I'm currently rocking the recurve bow, STG-90 assault rifle with red dot, and 6P9 pistol with surpressor and extended clip. I need to kill two sharks next, so I can carry one more weapon. The very thought terrifies me.

Graphically, playing on 360 here, it is miles off the PC version and shows just how much we need the next generation now. But it's still a technical masterpiece that this is running at all on the consoles. This could well end up being my game of the year.

If you have the time, have a look at the last twenty or so pages of the RLLMUK thread for Far Cry 3. Other than some PC modding talk, it is nothing but gushing praise and tons of unique experiences. It has to be the most positive thread I've seen on there this year, and will sell anybody on the game.

Go into the crafting menu and press RB to go to Equipment. Select weapon holsters, and it will tell you what you need to increase the amount of weapons you can carry. I've already done the simple holster and rugged holster, so it won't let me see what animals you need. All I know is to get the final upgrade, the heavy duty weapon holster, I need two shark skins. :o

This had flown completely under my radar until a mate mentioned it, and based off of my experience with Far Cry 2 I replied "Meh". How very wrong I was.

I'm almost done with all the crafting, bar a few of the unique animals I need from the Hunter Challenges. The Sharks weren't too bad. It's the Crocs you need to watch, those things are fucking quiet. I shat myself when one grabbed me and dragged me into the water the other night.

I've cleared all the radio towers from the first island. I'm currently working my way through the enemy outposts, switching between 'Sneaky Bastard' and 'Walking Apocalypse'. It's so much fun finding different ways of taking out the bad guys. Strapping some C4 to a Quad Bike, ghosting it into the camp then blowing it up and running in after it all guns blazing is a personal favourite. I haven't really done much in the story, probably around 25% of the missions according to the progress chart. There's just too much other stuff to do and get caught up in.

I haven't seen the 360 version yet, but the PC version looks out of this world. The Far Cry games have always pushed the boat out in terms of fidelity, but this pushes it out and then fires a flaming arrow into it's hull because a brand new Sunseeker yacht has just moored up on the dock.

Such an amazing game.

I've done quite a bit of crafting and side missions and I have a decent size wallet now plus carry around a pistol, machine gun and sniper rifle all with silencers on them. Essential attachments. The next animal I really need to hunt is the shark but I'm really not looking forward to that.

Story wise I'm about to do the prison break bit.

Nah, I'm bad enough with sniper rifles, never mind bows!

I've met the lady with the boobs from the E3 videos and had another surreal dream mission. Uncovered a fair bit of the map but I'm sticking to story stuff for a while.

I was crouched in some bushes avoiding passing traffic when I heard a growl, I looked to where the sound came from and a tapir came running out of the bushes. "That was an odd noise for a tapir to be making" I thought, as a sudden flash of yellow appeared from behind it and I swore in panic as a tiger leapt at my face :blush:

Good game so far, the shooting feels really good, although some of the animals are oddly bullet proof. I've not managed to do anything creative in terms of killing people other than some silent kills

Once you open up the Death from Above and chain/dagger/grenade kills there's so many more options to take out the pirates.

I cleared a whole encampment by luring them all closer together then stabbing the first guy, chaining onto the second, using his knife to kill the next nearest sap, then sprinting to the next guy, stabbing him and pulling the pin on his grenade and kicking him towards the last dude.

Only lasted about 10 seconds total, but damn was it awesome.

I find I'm going balls to the wall for the main missions with a Shredder/Ripper combo, then stealthing all the outposts. I never mind if it descends into an all-out gunfight though, and I never object to them calling in reinforcements :D

I've used an animal to kill guards now, and done the death from above, so it's started to open up. I've got most of the crafting upgrades too, I've hunted a black panther and a golden tiger, even killed some sharks. The shotgun is great for hunting, provided you aren't near an enemy camp

I'm barely anywhere in the story, I've seen my first rescued friend and have been sent somewhere for something, can't remember why but I'm going to leave the side missions for a while and get on with the story

Forgot to mention the "Story" quests have been pretty cool.

They're the blue exclamation points that pop up on the map from time to time. They're just little self-contained narratives from the weird and wonderful locals on the island, not really relevant to anything but they net you some cash and XP.

Also been enjoying the racing leagues scattered about as well. Although it's not so much racing as it is a time trial, and not so much a league as it's just you competing.

It's the Crocs you need to watch, those things are fucking quiet. I shat myself when one grabbed me and dragged me into the water the other night.

I was sat by a riverbank waiting for a car to pass, I don't even think I had my hand on the keyboard I was probably drinking coffee. I hadn't seen a crocodile at all until that point

I'm falling in to the Skyrim trap of getting distracted at every point, I need to focus on the story more. I'm heading to Badtown, and hopefully as I've just about finished the Hunters Quest stuff that should actually get done next time I turn the game on

This is awesome, been playing on the weekend and really enjoying it, just at the stage where I'm starting to properly hunt for things. Just started using sniper rifle and the bow, I see what dangerman means when he says some of the animals are a bit bullet proof, a tiger took three sniper rifle bullets to the head and then disappeared off somewhere.

Walked out of one of those little save huts you get, when you take over an enemy encampment, and this fucking tiger fucked the shit out of me, all I had was my bow and arrow equipped. What the fuck was a tiger doing just waiting, and where were my bros to help me out.

On the flip side I had an awesome time watching some leapords wipe out an enemy camp from my lofty perch on top of a radio tower, shot a few barrels to set fire to things and make them panic more, it was cool. I also found a patrol boat and just went around the coast shooting the shit out of things, mainly sharks and baddies, it reminded me of that battlefield game the online only one that came out on xbox live.