passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Borderlands 2

DANGERMAN

Bob asked if the vault hunters stuff actually made a difference. It does.

Gay! And thanks for checking it out.

I am at the point in this now where I am thinking about just wiping my dick all over it and sending it off to Gearbox with a fuck you note inside. Just got to Lynchwood and I can either use my weak, corrosive assault rifle which takes multiple clips to kill a basic enemy and survive for about 10 seconds while everything gang rapes me. Or I can equip the previously mentioned SMG where I die in about 3 seconds, from the gang rape. So my current strategy is switching between these two useless weapons and swearing a lot while hiding behind a wall and waiting for my turret to make it safe. Also, enemies keep on downing me, then running off and hiding behind a wall so I can't second wind.

I really feel like I have been fucked over for not getting the pre-order bonus and it annoys me that all I can do is bitch and fucking moan like a little girl about a game I was really excited about.

On the plus side, Moxxi's boobs. There, positivity!

Gay! And thanks for checking it out.

can we not use that as an expletive please?

I got both Moxxi's guns last night. Apparently you can get them again if you tip her enough again, and they'll up the level to match wherever you are in the game, so I might do that. They seem pretty good, hopefully they'll be good enough to last for a while. I'm not playing with a controller so I'm missing out on her good touch though :(

Bob, is there anyone you can co-op with that will either trade some good stuff or you can rely on to at least not nick the good stuff? Apparently co-op improves the loot dropped

That's all well and good Ben, but have you played online? Even with people you know as soon as something drops they pick it up. Even worse instead of having hand me downs because they don't throw the old weapons down, they sell them on. You end up basically using whatever you can because people online are dicks, up to and including some people on my friendlist. :fist:

bobby my boy.

turn it off and leave it till next week - i should be started by then and we can co-op the shit out of it and ill drop you some good stuff, you can have a gearbox gun!

i dont understand the complaints about lack of guns, surely it will be the case where you can still progress and by the end you be throwing million dollar bad ass rifles on the ground?

Stuff in the game is cheap as hell. When you loot money you only pick up bits and bats. If we/you're are going to play together why not just start from the beginning, pick different classes each and play when we/you're are all on?

sounds like a plan, wish they would release the mechromancer already. i want that robot.

Stuff in the game is cheap as hell. When you loot money you only pick up bits and bats. If we/you're are going to play together why not just start from the beginning, pick different classes each and play when we/you're are all on?

sounds like a plan, wish they would release the mechromancer already. i want that robot.

I would be interested in this, although my play time is limited so wouldnt be TOO fussed about the only playing when the other people are online. Mainly im a little bit bored of the assassin class, although at the very end of my last play through I got a pretty cool sniper rifle thats like a magnum with an extended barrel, the reload animation is really cool. It would be cool to try a proper shooty class, as thats what the game is effectively about.

I'd be happy to start a new character and go through with a couple of homies, always happy to share loot with people. I figure we each pick a weapon category to call dibs onand then divvy up loot each time we get back to Sanctuary to turn missions in or whatever. Problem is I am in Australia, I see Marth on quite often but I am getting up at around 9pm UK time and going to bed around 3pm the next day. Add to that the fact that when I played with my girlfriend while I was in the UK it was laggy as fuck on the first BL (which was on the PS3 so how it is on 360 is anyone's guess) so I don't even know if we could get a stable game going.

So anyway, after my... hissy I went back to it and apparently the game listened to me, sentient motherfucker. Got a cool Tediore SMG that kills the majority of stuff if I throw it at them after I have fired a few shots. It does a decent amount of damage with bullets at well but with anything above standard enemies it works like a super accurate contact grenade. Which is nice. Then the game gave me an explosive rifle that does 600 damage, reloads quickly and is fairly accurate. Then I got an automatic Sniper Rifle that shoots fire and reminds me of one of the slow firing assault rifles from the first game, my weapos of choice. ... Plus a rocket launcher. But that three hours or so of barely doing any damage was hell man! :blush:

I'm still on the fence about it to be honest. The idea that the game can become a chore at any time once the loot decides it doesn't want to catch up is a pain in the arse and like Sly (I think) said there are some serious misteps with the story and jokes. Although I did think Tina was awesome, probably because she was played by Ashly Burch. Some of it though, a lot of it really is just so puerile. BL1 was a silly game but I think it would have drawn the line at Bonerfarts. Unless I forgot a quest with Bonerfarts in it.

So, this SMG Bob mentioned.

Would it be The Bane? Because I just got this Bane.

OK, first thing I do when I get weapons like this is fire off a few shots. I've got to admit. I laughed. Then I tried to move. Fucking seriously? They couldn't have just left it at the firing stuff? I'd have used it for the amusement factor but fuck that.

It was pretty powerful for an SMG, as powerful as the stuff I have currently, but you know, without the ballache.

I had a good haul tonight. An electrical rocket launcher that splits off into 3 and homes in to whatever you aimed at, which for some inexplicable reason has a blade for meleeing enemies with, a singularity grenade that has a long timer on it and does about 4500 damage and a sniper rifle that has a fucking minigun attached. It's a Jakobs and you can empty it in about a second, I reckon it does about 3500 damage if you just shoot it from the hip and don't miss. I'm struggling to find a replacement for my teapot, it's getting to the point were other weapons can best it easily even with advantage. Good caustic stuff just isn't dropping for me at all.

EDIT: I can do pretty much anything between 3pm and 3am. Mornings are out of the question and noon I normally go out or have guests. Be a bit rude to tell them to go bollocks because I wants to do the lewtings™.

OK, first thing I do when I get weapons like this is fire off a few shots. I've got to admit. I laughed. Then I tried to move. Fucking seriously? They couldn't have just left it at the firing stuff? I'd have used it for the amusement factor but fuck that.

It was pretty powerful for an SMG, as powerful as the stuff I have currently, but you know, without the ballache.

I doubt it's that because that quest is pretty far in. The two cursed weapons I've found have been insanely powerful, but completely useless. Although I guess if you had the turret with the shield perk then you could at least make use of Riastad (sp?) for a while

on Bane

I could live with the screaming and the shit accuracy (until you start rapid firing), but the slow movement is the killer, it's just instant death

also Lynchwood has been a massive spike in difficulty for me. I don't know if it's that my weapons and shield have come to the end of their useful life, but I've been having to inch my way back through, then head back to the vending machine for ammo

Nah, I did get that and the SMG I am using is from the same area but no, I got all excited but there is no way that SMG is useable. There is some nutter that you have to kill for a story mission in Lynchwood and he dropped a Tediore SMG. It's a gold and it has a name like Baby Maker or something. Can't remember.

Actually had an excellent day on this today.

Just standing outside Angel's control room

I think I am quite near the end of the game now and the good loot has kept coming with some excellent rocket launchers and accessories. Just picked up a purple rocket launcher from Tediore that you throw like an explosive javelin once its empty. That is pretty boss, 1.1 second reload time I think.

That was all ruined when my stupid girlfriend got out of bed though <_< But then she was like, "lets play Borderlands dude" and I was like, YAY! So we did and it is so much fun in co-op when you are playing with an actual person that isn't just running from A to B. Can't say I noticed a massive difference in the loot or anything but it was good fun. I went the Gunzerker and not only is he incredibly tiny but his action skill is tre cool. Assault rifles also feel significantly more accurate with him so I don't know if there is some business going on behind the scenes giving him bonuses or what but it's cool man. So dibs on the Siren or Assassin if a few of us play it.

It looks like it might just be a natural spike in difficulty if Ben is having the same problems since it was in Lynchwood where everything really came apart for me. Also the way it is designed seems to encourage enemies respawning as soon as you clear an area out. Just a very frustrating section of the game.

There are some things that are really starting to fuck me off about this game. Maybe spoilers although they will be super minor.

The first thing is timed missions. In multiplayer they might as well not have a time limit on them. Each player chooses a point and you have so much time you can just fuck about getting back to hand in. If you are playing alone it basically boils down to being a crap shoot. The first time you do them alone you fail, because you don't know where everything is, which I can tolerate. What I cannot take is that repeated tries are just completely random. Are mobs going to come out the door? Are they going to drop off the ledge? Are they going to randomly flip the car and get it wedged into an area you cannot get it out of? Is the car going to get caught on some invisible clipping I cannot see and set me wrong? Are all these things going to happen? It feels like it sometimes. These missions are unnecessary. I see them, think FFS and leave them until I can just blast my way through the enemies when I am a way higher level so at least one annoyance is sort of negated.

Optional objectives. I want to do them. So why when I meet the base criteria for some missions am I cut off? Sure, give me an option to turn in the mission but leave the optional stuff open as I want to tick them off the list. I've had two instances tonight where it's said "You can do this optional stuff!" then pull the fucking rug from my feet. The margin for error is a pisstake. There's one mission where you have to kill 100 mobs, and the optional objectives are to kill them with 4 different elemental weapons. The problem is, once you hit 100 kills that's it. If you killed too many with one type of weapon you are shit out of luck. I just want to wade in and blow shit up, not have to check the counter after every bullet fired.

Fighting the Threshers is shitty. It says on one of the loading screens that you learn to hate one of the mobs and I think they are talking about these twats. Normally if I am walking through an area I will kill everything, but when it comes to these guys I just run and if I have problems I chuck the turret down and hope I can get out of agro. The feeling I get when coming up against these guys is like the frustration of sitting in your car at a junction and having to sit there while endless traffic refuses to let you out. The Threshers are the cars blocking me from getting to destination fun. I know that's a bad analogy but these portions of the games really feel like they are twisting my balls. The badasses are the worst. They twist my balls 1080° and crush all fun I was having into a from of matter scientists have called Jim Davidson. A racist shit matter that needs to fuck off out of my enjoyment.

The fruit machines. I normally have a go on these if I happen to pass or I need Eridium to top up whatever I want to upgrade. Because it's quicker to bang money in both machines I do this. The instant I put any money in the bandit, a guy runs across the room and blocks my line of sight. I think there is a slight possibility they put this guy in to stop people stealing loot given by the machine or something, but it's way fucking annoying. Also, why doesn't it just throw any cash or Eridium winning right into your person? Why do I have to take a weapon out of the holder if I win? Can I not just pull the arm again to spin the reels and refuse the prize I was offered? I don't want to take everything, I'm only really playing to get Eridium. The weapons are OK for most of the time and occasionally you'll get a corker, but a lot of it is just a waste. I'm hoping they patch it so that anything you win just falls on the floor and maybe disappears after so many spins. Maybe allow 5 guns on the floor or something.

I don't want to be too down on it because these are very minor things. When you are riding a massive wave of enjoyment and one of these things arises and wipes you out it's a bit of a downer.

On the upside, the class I'm using's character is starting to grow on me. It took a while but I'm feeling it now.

I think I've come across a bug which is annoying. One of the early side-quests won't complete and it's sitting there on my list mocking me.

It's the one where you have to take some Eridium from Zed to Tannis... I've done it, it's ticked, but it won't go to the turn in stage.