passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Tearaway - Vita game?!?!

DANGERMAN

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Tearaway Unfolded, the PS4 conversion of the fourth wall-breaking Vita adventure, will arrive on 11th September in the UK.

The rest of Europe will receive it on 9th September, while North Americans will get it on the 8th.
As detailed on the PlayStation Blog, pre-orders come with one of two bonus content packs. The Pop-Up Pack includes a Journey-themed costume and gold headband for your messenger, Sackboy and Baby Wendigo papercraft plans, custom decoration from Lemmings, Gravity Rush, No Man's Sky and The Order: 1886, and the game's official soundtrack.
The game's Messenger Edition comes with alternate cover art anf the Torn Away Pack, which includes a God of War costume, a Pig Crown and gold stamp on your avatar's headband, the Sackboy and Baby Wendigo papercraft plans, and five decorations from God of War, Infamous, The Last of Us and Killzone.
There will also be a Tearaway Unfolded: Special Edition that comes with the Tom Away Pack and an atoi plushie.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-12-tearaway-unfolded-gets-a-september-release-date

I think the problem many people will have is that they don't have the Playstation Eye. The Vita version used the camera in imaginative ways.

Without the PS4 Eye,that'll be an issue,and most wont have one. I got mine in my PS4 Pack,and theres barely anything worth using the damn thing for. And last I looked it goes for £50 on amazon.

Anyway,hopefully this will be good.

on the vita,

EVERY time I popped up in the sun, I spent a good 10 seconds pulling dumb faces.

It would be great for people to be able to play this on the PS4 if they've not played it before, but not having a camera built in kinda takes the shine off a little in my opinion.

that's my understanding too.

the thing is.

the vita camera, by nature of teh console, is almost always pointed right at your face, so when the game camera pans around to show the sun up in the sky looking down,it's filled with whatever the camera is looking at. Kinda loses it's impact if it's looking at a wall, or your sofa.

I'll be interested to see how they handle this.

• 2 months later...