passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Indie Game-a-month

radiofloyd

I might wait for Antichamber to drop in a sale, got enough to play as it is. I just watched the GiantBomb quick look of Proteus and I'm not in - it looks lovely but there's nothing to do in it.

Likewise. Glad I waited for their Quick Look as I was all up for buying it until I saw how little there was to do in it. Would've liked some mystery or collectibles or just a location you need to travel to.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this in time, Anodyne is $1 until tomorrow/today:

http://www.anodynegame.com/tpb.html

It's a Zelda-like game that's been getting excellent reviews.

PC Gamer also have a nice article on Barkley Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden and it's upcoming sequel - (deep breath) The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa.

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/barkley-2-preview/

• 2 weeks later...

It's the end of another month. Since we started 2013 with two big indies that came out towards the end of last year - we might as well devote March to the other title that was grabbing the headlines - Retro City Rampage? I'm sure most of us own it at this stage.

Edit: Ok i've updated the thread for March. Of course RCR is also available on PSN, XBLA and WiiWare, for anyone who would rather play it on those.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone has modded a new adventure for Amnesia: The Dark Descent, called Amnesia: The Great Work:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/17/mod-of-the-week-amnesia-the-great-work/

Sounds like it's more than worth checking out, whenever we get around to playing Amnesia on here.

Btw, I haven't posted any thoughts on Retro City Rampage because my left shift key is broken which makes playing it very uncomfortable (same for Bastion). I'll be getting a new laptop in the summer though. My "n" and "b" keys have broken aswell which is driving me crazy.

My gfriend came across a fun little indie game on XBLA called Arcadecraft, which is like an arcade version of Kairosoft's game manufacturing sim except you run an arcade. It has a bit of time management in it for fixing machines, but its full of nostalgia.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought Cart Life on Steam. Haven't tried it yet though.

I have tried Papers, Please which is a similar "mundane" game but I must've missed something because I've had none of the conversations or story that people have spoken about. No music, no text, just about 10 people in a row, no dialogue. I've either been playing an older version by mistake or not playing it long enough?

Any thoughts for April? We've devoted the last few months to some of the bigger indies that have come out recently so it might be a good time to get back to some of the smaller, quirkier stuff?

How about a Dear Esther/Thirty Flights of Loving combination? Dear Esther is only 1-2 hours long and TFOL is only 15 minutes long as far as I know. We could easily add a third game to that...