Monaco

Nidhogg

Octodad: Dadliest Catch

Outlast

Samurai Gunn

The Stanley Parable

Steamworld Dig

Well I'm stuck already!

I'm on the second chapter, learnt how to sing at shiny balls and I went left and ate a mushroom which made the screen go weird and nothing else. Going right buts you in a empty place with a little maggot. And using my newly learnt singing skill does nothing.

I suck at adventure games.

Currently 1.5 hours in, 28% completion. Really enjoying it, shares a lot of dna with Fez, which is always a plus.

@DC:

Have you found the first three of those spirits? The girl in the hut tells you where they are.

I haven't played it recently but might get a chance to do in the next few days.

On my first go through on my phone copy, I got a few chapters or sections in but then got stuck.

I bought it again specifically on the pad when it was on sale and I got through the first chapter I think - had a fight or two, got the tome and legged it out.

The writing is often pretty wince-inducing, trying too hard to be all hip and cool, daddio, but the music is stunning, so when I was playing it originally last year, I bought the soundtrack album. This is one of my favourites:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TBz_w6mW4x8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• 3 weeks later...

Finished this tonight, it's alright. Took me 4.8 hours with a fair bit of aimless wandering.

After the first hour or so you've seen everything the game has to offer and it just repeats itself until it's over. For a game with such a big emphasis on music, there's nothing here to compare with the soundtrack of Fez (let's face it, Fez is the high water mark of this kind of thing full stop). Just about equal parts style and substance, it's worth playing to see what kind of quirky stuff developers are coming up with. I give it 6/10.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha well if i have to go it alone, i will!

Ideally we should do this spending as little money as possible - i haven't yet picked up Cave Story, La Mulana, Lone Survivor, Thomas Was Alone or To the Moon to name a few, all games that i'm hoping to play through.

Games that i do have installed and am looking to play through include Amnesia, Bastion, Botanicula, Breath of Death VII/Cthulu Saves the World, Dear Esther and Zeno Clash.

Of course we could always devote months here and there to more never-ending games like The Binding of Isaac and Dungeons of Dredmor, or old favourites like Braid, Limbo, Super Meat Boy, none of which i have finished.

How about Zeboyd Games jrpg parodies Breath of Death VII and Cthulu Saves the World for September? Should be short and fun.

depending on what it is I'm in this month. I'm happy for it to be something fairly recent as I feel bad for not buying some of the releases from the past few weeks (although I'm sure they'll be on sale at some point)

I did make a suggestion for september in the post just above you, if that floats your boat.

:lol: I saw but I didn't want to be down on them. I got most of the way through Breath then had an issue where it booted a 2nd version of the game in the background. Everything I did on my save was overwritten by the secret game as I was playing. So I've some animosity, but if that's what we're going with then I'll play 'saves the world'

Cave Story - got on Wiiware, completed.

Bastion - got on XBLA, completed.

Breath of Death VII/Cthulu Saves the World - got on XBLIG, never finished.

Zeno Clash - can't remember if I picked it up in a sale or not.

Up for the Zeboyd games, but I can join in on any of the ones I've finished, also.

I had Breath of Death on 360 *bites fist*

I'm always up for Cave Story and I'd like to play To the Moon myself and will be willing to pick it up, even though isn't also a bit point and click-y? Sometimes it looks a bit more JRPG-y at times. I'll still try it. I have Lone Survivor, and I will probably be going back to it soon anyway. I also have La Mulana... I've put about 5 hours in it and to be honest it's fucking hard work.

I have Bastion and Zeno Clash but tied to a dead 360. I'd quite like to play Zeno Clash again but Bastion I wringed everything out of it so that not so much , personally.

Looking at my Steam list the only ones I have that haven't been mentioned are NightSky, which is a pretty cool physics based puzzle platformer (though I did get stuck pretty early) and World of Goo, which is amazing but quite old now. I finished it on the Wii but I'm maybe halfway through the second world on PC so still a bit to do.

Well To the Moon is $9.99 on GOG which is about £6/€7 ish. Not too steep but it will probably appear for half that at some stage soon...

We could play World of Goo? I've had it for years but never started it.