passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Asura's Wrath

spatular

not too much to say about this, each type of gameplay in there seems pretty average - mainly hack and slash and some sin and punishment style shooting. but the action/story is suitably over the top and crazy enough to keep me interested for a few episodes at a time. it's set out like an anime series - split up into episodes, some with clifhangers and stuff.

what I wanted to say is about the QTE's. on most games if you fail one or a few you fail/lose and have to restart or some such other annoyance, rarely do they change the story or anything important. god of war 1/2 is an example where the QTE's built into the fighting were far too annoying/hard for me. here there are some ouendan style ones where you press the buton at the right time - press the button super early and it says "Great", press it at the right time "Excelent", too late "Good" and miss it completely - no bother - this is playing on easy anyway. i love it, especially how pressing the button at completely the wrong time gets you a positive response.

oh and i rented it, not sure i'd recommend paying too much money for it...

anyone else played it?

I'm glad someone else started a thread, as I wasn't really sure what to say about the main game. It's utterly bonkers! I am enjoying it though, playing a chapter or two here and there. I really like the art style, and still artwork between chapters. The gameplay is fun, although is very minimalist. I don't seem to be minding that though, what gameplay there is is quite varied and very enjoyable. I'm playing it on Normal and haven't found it too challenging, but I am quite early on (just started Part II).

I was looking for a thread on this not 60 minutes ago, Amaterasu from Okami gets a little cameo

I think I'm a bit further than you two, I've taken down my 3rd demi-god, and been to a bath house where I got a trophy called A View of the Valley :lol:

The plot, as I understand it, the 7 gods are fighting an evil that lives inside the earth, it corrupts animals and devours souls. The head god then devises a plan to end it once and for all, screws over Asura to get him out of the way. Humans now pray for death as they've been indoctrinated, but their harvested souls are actually powering the gods ultimate weapon

Gameplay like Spatular says mixes between QTE, blasting a la Space Harrier, Kid Icarus, Sin & Punishment, and standard brawling. The general idea is to fill your boost gauge which ends the section, usually by destroying a planet or growing/losing arms

last time I posted in here I was all set to get the dlc, I finished the game the other day and I dont think I'll bother. You do need the dlc to finish the story, but I'm not sure I care enough about the story, the game just doesnt end all that well.

It's not a bad game though, but I do think it should have been 4 £7 downloads rather than a full disc, but it's worth playing

I really want to play this, loved the demo and heard tons of good stuff about it, albeit mixed in with loads of negatives too. I'm a bit weird as I actually quite enjoy QTE's so this should be right up my street.

Just waiting for it to come down in price. ShopTo have it listed for £25, which is fine, but they're out of stock atm. Damn :(

I picked up a copy from my local Morrison's at the weekend for £17!

Haven't got very far yet... upto 'Ep4' and just about to kick the arse of the first of Asura's ex-'pals'. I am enjoying it, but it does seem to be more 'watching' than 'playing'.

Kinda tempted to play through it AQAP and then flog it...

I picked up a copy from my local Morrison's at the weekend for £17!

Haven't got very far yet... upto 'Ep4' and just about to kick the arse of the first of Asura's ex-'pals'. I am enjoying it, but it does seem to be more 'watching' than 'playing'.

Kinda tempted to play through it AQAP and then flog it...

£17? Damn that's good. Better head down there after work and see if they have any copies.

<_<

All 18 main chapters done (on Normal, all with at least an 'A' rating), but to unlock the final 'True Ending' chapter you need five 'S' ratings (or 50 chapter playthroughs)... I'm struggling to meet the criteria, even if I switch it back down to easy. :(

Great game though, even if it does consist of about 50% gameplay (and that includes the QTEs in the cutscenes). Fun bosses, awesome OTT action and was also pretty impressive from a cinematic point of view. The episode format was beginning to grate in the last third though, especially when every chapter is split in two with a adbreak/interval type-thing. And now that I'm into the episode replay territory, having to constantly hammer the 'skip cutscene' button like it was itself another bleeding QTE is really putting me off playing it anymore...

Finished now with the other chapter 18. I dropped it to Easy and managed to get the three extra S ranks I required, then hit it back up to Normal to finish the game off as I wanted the achievement for finishing on that difficulty (I ended up with an S rank on that as well, it turns out). Thank god for that skip cutscene button.

Excellent game. I was there for the ride, and an enjoyable ride it was. I don't think I'll be picking up the DLC, though. Going to trade it while it's hot.

• 1 year later...

This started out brilliant but I got bored of the cut scenes by the last third. I did enjoy going back to improve rankings, manage to get the remaining S ranks I needed on Normal so I unlocked the alternate chapter 18. Want too sure why they felt the need to make you play the whole chapter again just to get the different ending.

Want too sure why they felt the need to make you play the whole chapter again just to get the different ending.

Your punishment for not getting enough S ranks on your initial playthrough.