passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil 6

Hendo

THE BUZZ: EGM spoke with a reliable insider with knowledge of Capcom’s upcoming Resident Evil 6 – rumored to be unveiled in more detail at TGS in the days ahead – who reveals it will “go back to its roots” by revamping the game with an emphasis on what made Resident Evil so great to begin with.

“This will be, by far, the most gruesome Resident Evil game to date,” according to our source, who commented on the condition of anonymity. “A real emphasis is being placed on making the game brutally scary.”

KLmfe.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As much as I loved 5, I don't have much confidence in the modern Capcom. I'd like full on action though, move and shoot, move and shoot.

Looks like that's what's coming.

Announcement trailer revealed.

Resident Evil 6 launches on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on 20th November 2012, publisher Capcom has announced.

Set 10 years after the initial Raccoon City outbreak, the game sees series regulars Leon S Kennedy and Chris Redfield dealing with zombie outbreaks across the globe.

As seen in the reveal trailer below, Kennedy is fighting off the undead in a small town in the US after the president gets infected, while Redfield is in an unnamed Chinese metropolis dealing with a bioterrorist threat there.

According to a post on the Capcom Unity blog, "these two different play styles merge to form what executive producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi calls 'dramatic horror', which fuses action, tension and scares in a brand new way."

That's all the information that Capcom has released for now, but promises news on "new characters and co-op details" soon.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

The way you can move makes me think of Vanquish, plus a focus on melee attacks, if the footage is truly representative of the game. I like the look of it so far, but it's pretty far removed from traditional RE.

But if the co-op is forced like in 5 I'll be bowing out again.

My friends are definately getting this, trying to make me buy it do do some co-op.

Linked me to an 8 minute video, my god did it seem boring & repetitive

Knifing down a group of zombies with one hit each, right.. Destroying a Licker in a matter of seconds, WTF?!

Only thing that interests me is probably the choices of class you can be, theres quite a few shown but no real detail about them.

Yes! That trailer was just non-stop awesome. Mind = Blown.

Very interested to see what new gameplay elements they add in, the mystery guy looked to be very athletic, clearly been sipping Wesker's cool-ade. November just needs to hurry the eff up.

Some of the in-game footage looks a little rough but then there's still plenty of time.

Glad to see they've gone more action-based though they'd be wise to do a downloadable old school style spin-off to release about the same time - proper isometric and focussed on puzzles to keep those fans happy.

The general consensus is that the skinhead super human dude is Alex Wesker, brother of Albert Wesker. And the blonde woman is a grown-up Ashley.

Glad to see they've gone more action-based though they'd be wise to do a downloadable old school style spin-off to release about the same time - proper isometric and focussed on puzzles to keep those fans happy.

Well, that's the idea behind Revelations on the 3DS. It's still over the shoulder but the way the game is laid out it's meant to be like an old school version. All emblems in doors and stuff.