passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Wii U

Hendo

Ah yes, I forgot that. I guess we'll have to see what happens. They do not seem like as good value, for the price increase you don't seem to get enough.

(I hope nobody minds this conversation being in 'news' by the way, it was the only Wii U thread I knew about, nice to actually have a discussion on here though, seemed a bit sparse of late)

tbf while I don't regret getting mine, because I got it fairly cheap, but also I got it for the long run. Apart from Mario there wasn't much at launch for me, at some point I'll get Rayman, but next year is looking good. That said if I hadn't bought one I still think I'd get a graphics card over a WiiU if I had £200+ knocking around

There's a new system update for the WiiU that adds some decent stuff. Apparently the OS loads faster now, the load time to get in to a game is reduced, which is good news, the browser has been improved which is good news. The big news though is that you can now display Wii mode on the gamepad screen, so you could play Wii games off the gamepad

except you'll still need a wii remote (and classic controller), it doesn't recognise the gamepad as a controller :(

New Features:

A feature to output video and sound to the Wii U GamePad when using Wii Mode¹
Users can choose to output to the TV and GamePad, or just the TV
A feature to automatically receive recommended software and demo titles from Nintendo using SpotPass
Support for USB keyboards
An option to disable use of a Nintendo Network ID on non-Nintendo hardware, such as PCs and smartphones
Support for Dolby® Pro Logic® II Surround Sound when playing Wii software

Changes to Wii U Menu:

Added a friend list icon to the Wii U Menu for easier access to the Friend List

Changes to System Settings:

An option to automatically receive recommended software is now available under "Internet"
A setting to select which cable outputs sound is available through "TV"
Users can choose to output sound through an HDMI cable, non-HDMI cable, or both cables at the same time. Click here for instructions
A setting to adjust the hourly interval in which standby functions are performed is available under "Power Settings" when Standby Functions are enabled

Changes to Wii U Chat:

Added the option to view a friend's profile on Miiverse when sending or receiving a chat request
Users can now chat using a headset connected to the Wii U GamePad

Changes to Internet Browser:

Pressing the R or L Buttons on the Wii U GamePad will skip video playback forward/back a small amount of time
Holding the R Button will speed up video playback
Ability to save username and passwords for websites that require login²
Ability to launch the Internet Browser during gameplay and upload screenshots
Added support for viewing PDF files³
Added features intended for website developers that allow the user to enable developer tools and set user agent

Improvements to system stability and usability:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

¹ Wii software displayed on the Wii U GamePad cannot be controlled by the GamePad. This feature only allows Wii software to be displayed on the GamePad. A Wii Remote Plus or Wii Remote is required to play Wii software titles.

² Users can delete saved usernames and passwords from the Internet Browser settings.

³ Sometimes data may not be displayed correctly depending on the size and format of the PDF file. PDF files cannot be saved.

I nearly jumped at the 200 quid Zelda deal today but it expired to fast - I'm almost there, at the right price :)

Radiofloyd, I agree, nothing new, updates and games we all know about - still, we all live in hope.

I love the way nintendo do thngs, there consoles and handhelds and the direct video, why does no one else do that and talk to the people buying the games and the new upfront approach yep we know its a great game but sorry delayed.

One day i will bite the bullet and get a wii u, but at the moment i can't justify another console sitting under the tele doing nothing, i hope i get one for christmas though :)

Me too :)

Every time this thread is updated I get a little pang of excitement.

Clearly my Nintendo infatuation is far from over. I have £170 in my WiiU fund now so I just need another of those £200 deals!!

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno, Nintendo have teamed up with tesco this christmas, the wii u will feature in all clubcard mailings, potentially clubcard vouchers towards the wii u and double up etc.. theres even talk of exclusive bundles might be able to get a cheaper one. Just have to hold out a bit longer.

Nintendo will share more details on the next The Legend of Zelda game for Wii U at E3 2014, series producer Eiji Aonuma has said.

Asked by Mashable if he could share more information on the new title, Aonuma simply responded, “I’ll say more at E3 2014.”

The new Zelda game was first announced in January. It is said to “rethink the conventions of Zelda,” including dungeon order completion, “that you’re supposed to play by yourself,” and “create a newborn Zelda.”

http://gematsu.com/2013/10/the-legend-of-zelda-wii-u-details-due-at-e3-2014