passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo 3DS

Sly Reflex

I've just been using the coins to buy my way through them. I was looking through the peoples info that I streetpassed and one of them has a population of over 300 in his plaza. How the fuck is that even possible in this country? :angry:

I get a bit annoyed when buying puzzle pieces and it fills the same bits in over and over again. That shit is irksome. <_<

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/869081-nintendo-3ds-video-service-to-launch-tomorrow-in-europe

Nintendo 3DS video service to launch tomorrow in Europe

Way back when Nintendo first announced the 3DS in Europe they made some vague promises about 3D video content being available in the UK, including clips from Sky TV, Eurosport and exclusive episodes of Shaun The Sheep.

They were exactly the sort of non-committal promises that Nintendo always makes about online features when they announce a new console, but now it seems like they might actually be going through with it all.

Although there's been no official press release on the matter, the Official Nintendo Magazine has apparently received word that children's show Oscar's Oasis and 3D episodes of a series called 'Magic Tricks For Your Nintendo 3DS' will be the first to be made available on the Nintendo Video service.

The Magic Tricks show will apparently demonstrate various illusions in 3D, which sounds identical to one of the shows already available on the Japanese equivalent of the service. This offers content from Fuji Television and Nippon Television, with other daily shows themed around news, animals, trainspotting, and celebrity idol wrestling. (Yes, you heard that last one right.)

There's also a weekly show on outdoor sculptures, and a sports programme every Saturday and Sunday.

How much of this will be replicated in Europe is unknown, but more children's shows, classical music concerts, and movie trailers (there's already a Green Lantern one on the eShop) have already been hinted at.

Nintendo Video will be free to watch and utilises the SpotPass feature to download videos while your 3DS is in sleep mode. So far there's been little sign of an equivalent service in America, which is surprising.

Noice.

Mega Man Legends 3 canned.

Capcom officials repeatedly stated that Mega Man Legends 3 wasn't fully green lit for release. But with constant user generated content promotions as well as plans for a demo, the general assumption was that these warnings were just some sort of reverse psychology to help promote the game.

That assumption was wrong. Capcom announced today that the game is officially cancelled.

The announcement came via a lengthy message at the game's official site. According to the notice, the reason for the cancelation was that the project did not reach certain conditions for continuing with development. The notice did not get more specific than this.

The upcoming "prologue" demo has also been cancelled. The game's development blog, home to the user generated promotions over the past few months, will close on August 19 at 12:00.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/07/19/mega_man_legends_3_cancel/

:rolleyes:

Also, Crush 3D has been delayed due to 'poor 3DS sales'.

DS owners will know about Picross – there’s been loads of versions but that one was the best by far, and the follow-up, Picross 3D was just as addictive.

Well, there’s now a proper sequel coming out onto the Nintendo 3DS’ eShop, although it’s only confirmed for Japan just now.

Looks like it’s going to out on the 27th, from Jupiter, for 500 Yen (about 4 quid) – so let’s all cross our fingers and pray to the conversion gods that we’ll see this little beauty over here.

Capther01.jpgCapther02.jpgCapther03.jpg

GameGraph02.jpgGameGraph03.jpg

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/07/21/picross-announced-for-3ds/

I hope this comes out here for a similar price via download.

I'm thinking about contacting Nintendo regarding the markings on the top screen, caused by the ridge around the touch screen. According to GAF, they are aware of it and have already issued a fix and are repairing them under warranty. That's NoA, I assume NoE are the same.

I'm getting two vertical lines on the top screen caused by the touch screen ridge, and also a circle caused by the circle pad, and a couple marks from the d-pad. It's annoying having to wipe the screen each time I open the lid. I'm really surprised Nintendo let this out of the factory as it is, they've been making clamshell devices for years and nothing like this has ever happened in the past.

Nintendo has announced thatit will cut the price of the 3DS by nearly one third.

Coming less than five months after the innovative glasses-free 3D handheld console's launch, this swift response to disappointing sales figures is unprecedented for Nintendo.

Currently, the machine has a recommended retail price of £269.99, which retailers have already eroded to a street price of £199.99 with a game bundled in. But from 12 August, presuming that retailers resist the urge to increase their margins on the 3DS, we can anticipate a new RRP of around £170 – equating to a street price of between £130 and £140.

In the past, Nintendo has tended to leave the price of its handheld consoles constant until they are replaced by new variants (which was the case with the original DS, released in March 2005 and superseded by the DS Lite in late 2006).

Even the 3DS's predecessor, the DSi (the last of the DS variants), was on sale for 18 months before its price was cut. In mitigation, the 3DS had the highest launch price of any handheld Nintendo console, but the swiftness of the price cut will lead to questions as to whether it should have been priced so highly in the first place, especially during a global economic slump.

Nintendo revealed the worldwide price-cut as part of its first-quarter financial announcement on Thursday, in a clear attempt to head off a slump in market confidence.

Nintendo reported a first quarter operating loss of ¥37.7bn ($297m) and slashed its annual operating profit forecast to ¥35bn from an initial forecast of ¥175bn.

Announcing the price cut, Nintendo said: "So that we will be able to create momentum for Nintendo 3DS and accelerate its market penetration toward the year-end sales season, when the lineup for the applicable software shall be enriched, the company has decided to make this markdown."

Which is a tacit admission that in its short life so far, the 3DS has suffered from a dearth of killer games. The company took pains to point out that what it sees as the key 3DS games – Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 – will go on sale in November and December 2011 respectively.

The problem with reducing the price of consoles – especially so soon after launch – is that it breeds resentment among early adopters who paid the original price. Happily, Nintendo has moved to address such concerns: existing 3DS owners will be able to join what the company calls a Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Programme, entitling them to download 10 NES games plus 10 Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games for free.

All they will need to do to become 3DS Ambassadors is register on the 3DS' eShop before 12 August. Those free NES downloads will start to become available on 1 September, and will at least include stone-cold classics such as Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Jr and the original Legend of Zelda.

The free Game Boy Advance games will be made available later in the year, and will include the likes of Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Advance 3, Mario Kart: Super Circuit and Metroid Fusion. They will be exclusive to 3DS Ambassadors, thereby providing a modicum of one-upmanship.

No matter how Nintendo might spin the price cut, there's no getting away from the fact that it is a response to worse-than-expected 3DS sales, which is bad news for the company – over the years, Nintendo has taken pride in setting prices for its hardware which allow it to make a profit on every unit, unlike rivals such as Microsoft and Sony, which have sold their Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles at a loss early in their life-cycles, in order to establish a foothold in the market.

The free download games will also ease the pain for those who, after 12 August, will feel they paid over the odds for their 3DS consoles. But 3DS sales will come under great scrutiny when this Christmas – the key annual period for games retail – comes around.

I was going to post this in the random news thread but it might as well go here. The way they're doing the nes games is a bit odd, basically come sept 1st we'll be getting beta versions of the games, with the full versions being updated in once they become available to buy. So while we'll get them early and free they'll be missing features (not a problem). These features include stuff like digital instruction booklets, but (and I could be reading this wrong) apparently also include online multiplayer

I was under the assumption that these games were never going up on the 3DS marketplace apart from for for the people who were early adopters. That's what is said on Giantbomb anyhoo.

If you (like me) already bought a 3DS and are cringing, Nintendo's hoping to appease early adopters with the "3DS Ambassador" program, which roughly translated into English means "free stuff."

First, you'll gain access to 10 free Virtual Console games from the NES era, including

Super Mario Bros.,

Donkey Kong Jr.,

Balloon Fight,

Ice Climber

and The Legend of Zelda.

The others five aren't known, and all ten will become publicly available for purchase at a later date.

Additionally, Nintendo's offering up another 10 free Game Boy Advance titles. The games include

Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3,

Mario Kart: Super Circuit,

Metroid Fusion,

WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$

and Mario vs. Donkey Kong.

The other five weren't listed, but that's a hell of a list already.

Strangely, Nintendo claims these free GBA titles won't be made available to everyone else.

"Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future," reads the press release.

I wonder who has their wires crossed?

EDIT: Not so bothered about the NES games, but those GBA games are shwwwweeeeeeut. I wonder if the other 5 games will be as good as that line up? Getting Advance Wars or something would be a pretty sweet deal, especially if they do an excitebike and make them 3D.

It seems that the NES games will go on general sale, but the GBA ones will never see the light of day for late comers.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/870792-free-3ds-games-named-as-nintendo-shares-tumble-21

In case you missed the news yesterday Nintendo are planning to cut the price of the 3DS portable console by around a third all across the world. According to EU regulations they're not allowed to set a price themselves but analysts are now predicting between £150 and £155 in the UK.

As we warned before there's likely to be a lot of variation in the price between different stores, with the price cut due to come into effect on 12th August. But if you buy and register a 3DS before that you'll be entitled to download 10 free NES games and 10 free Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games from the Virtual Console.

This is part of the new 'Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors' scheme, which you can find more details on at Nintendo UK's official website. The NES games will be available from 1st September and will include Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong Jr., Balloon Fight, Ice Climber and The Legend of Zelda.

These will be available to ambassadors before they're released as paid-for titles, and if there's any change to them between now and when they go live for everyone else you'll still get the updated versions for free.

The Game Boy Advance titles are promised only before the end of 2011 and include the likes of Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Metroid Fusion, WarioWare, Inc.: Minigame Mania and Mario Vs. Donkey Kong, so again you're not being fobbed off with any old rubbish.

Nintendo are also insisting that they currently have 'no plans' to make the 10 Game Boy Advance games available to the general public now or in the future.

Most seem to agree this is actually pretty generous, but the financial markets have not reacted well to Nintendo's drastic measures. Nintendo's share price dropped 21 per cent yesterday, although that was more because of their financial results than anything else.

For the first time in the company's history they made a loss over the last three months - thanks to marketing costs (and a lack of sales) for the 3DS, falling sales of the DS and Wii, and the research & development costs of the imminent Wii U.

As a result former president Hiroshi Yamauchi saw half a billion dollars wiped off the value of his 10 per cent share in the company. Some reports even suggest that boss Satoru Iwata has taken a 50 per cent pay cut to appease investors, with other execs seeing their salaries reduced by 30 per cent and their bonuses reduced.

Although they'll likely never confirm it Nintendo are now thought to be making a loss on every 3DS sold, something they never usually do.

If 3DS sells pick up this Christmas, and with a solid line-up of games on the way there's every reason to suspect they will, then all this will have been worth it. But if not, well… we wouldn't like to contemplate…

So there we go.

I don't know what's changed but I took my 3DS to that convention yesterday, wireless on (got the max 10 hits), it's still in sleep mode now, and still has 1/2 battery. The only thing different was that it was in my pocket rather than a bag. Weird