passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Pinball Thread

Sly Reflex

http://account.xbox.com/en-gb/screenshot/114a971a-ae10-47b8-bbce-2957c006f8a7?gamerTag=Sly%20Reflex&scid=36d70100-472b-47ec-9a55-a44b6c67b77d

WWR: 11.2m

http://account.xbox.com/en-gb/screenshot/31ad170c-f36f-48c0-910f-1e5fbdfe4ba0?gamerTag=Sly%20Reflex&scid=36d70100-472b-47ec-9a55-a44b6c67b77d

Han Solo: 8.6m

I'm going to make you work for that WWR win. The table might hate me and dick me over at every opportunity, but I hate being beaten more. At the very least I'm going to make you go back to it and extend the time you will have to wait out for a win.

Han Solo I'm just extending the time limit. That score was only my second attempt. I've still not got a clue what I should be doing, I keep getting in the smugglers part and I don't know what the hell I'm meant to be doing.

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

109m on Lair.

Beat my best on Master of the Force as well, but it wasn't enough to take top spot. I think this is one of the worst tables out of the ones we've played, it's just so dull, it's complicated beyond belief and the sounds are repetitive. Only had about 5 goes tonight and I'm already sick of hearing the holocron shit.

Really not feeling pinball at all at the moment. I've no motivation to play and when I do I can't really get into a groove where I'm actually enjoying myself. Feels like a right chore instead of something I looked forwards to. -_-

• 1 month later...

I'm posting this to try out sharing more than showing off any real skill.

Anyway, I'm getting pretty adept at 'death balls' now. Basically when the ball has gone down the gutter, you use tilt to bounce it back onto the field. This is me doing it on Portal.

• 1 year later...

I watched the stream, table looks pretty good. There's also another table called Son of Zeus which is based around Greek mythology that will be shown next monday. Both tables will be bundled together.

In other news the football table will be making a comeback, but only with FX branding instead of Liverpool or whatever the fuck it was when it originally came out.

From what I gather they've got a few non-licensed tables in the wings, sort of glad about that since I'm getting tired of Marvel and Star Wars stuff. I'd be astonished if we don't get a new Star Wars table to tie into the film release though

New table up, @Jimbo Xiii, password is the same as usual. If anyone else would like to join the table you need is Paranormal. I'll forward the password so you can join on request.

Watched the stream for the table that's going to be packed in with the funfair table. Looks a bit bland but at the same time it looks pretty fun to play. Up to 8 ball multiball as well, at one point all the features of the table were running all at once. It was crazy.

Had a few 1 ball credits for a tourney I'm on on the funfair table.

Seems to be a lot more complicated than some of the other tables that have come out over the past year. The skillshot is insanely difficult as well, I have no idea how the hell you're meant to hit that from the angle it approaches. The only way I can lock balls into behind those drop targets is to hit it into the slingshots or hope for a bounce on the inlane that makes it drop down the hatch.

It really makes you work for that multiball as well, you need to lower the carousel, keep it spinning and then hit a ramp and then fire the balls into the locks as they spin around. It's very involved, normally you just hit a ramp or lock and they just sit in, here you've 4 steps to go at,  and if you don't keep on top of them they can fail.

Also played some Paranormal. They changed the upper left flipper so you can't hit the haunted house and the rotating cuboid thing in the same descent.

On 12/13/2017 at 12:00 AM, mr lakitu said:

I got this today on Switch because it’s free and includes a table so why not. 

There's a couple of extra tables that are free in the Switch store at the minute too - an ancient Greece themed one and a funfair one.

Anyway, I picked up FX 3 over the weekend, managed to get into the top 3500 on one table, so I'm happy with that progress. Especially considering I'm something like 39,000 on the table that comes with the base game. It's good fun - I've never really taken to pinball games on console before, but there's something really addictive about playing it in handheld mode. MAybe it makes it feel a bit more real that i have my hands either side of the 'table'? It looks pretty good for what it is too.

I don't seem to be great at the Greek or Funfair levels at the minute. I can't manage to get to get to any off-table bonus games like in the horror one. Ah well, I'll keep plugging away whenever I get 10 minutes or so to spare.

Sorcerer's Lair is such a good table, there's loads of objectives on it as well. It's super good for beginners too, nothing is out of reach and most of the targets can be hit with simple shots.

If you trap the ball on the left flipper and reflip as soon as you let the ball go you can shoot Whispers hole. Once you've mastered that you can leave it a tad longer and shoot the spinner, which will bring the ball out the right orbit to the flipper. It has a relatively easy multiball if you can hit the gargoyle gate after successfully.  A bit further on you can get into the cellar when the house pops up, and after that you have the ramp (for hitting the tree among other things) and the right orbit.

Master that left flipper and you're on your way to being able to do most of the missions. Don't be afraid to nudge the table to get the ball over to the left flipper to make those shots a little easier, I think the only shot you can't make without being a bit flukey is the left orbit, since the mushrooms obstruct a clean backhand.

Back in the previous games they had a table called Nightmare Mansion, that table was hard as fuck though. I miss the presentation of that table, we don't actually have any proper horror themed tables now.

Things were a lot simpler back then, it was before they decided to just go all out and make everything as crazy as possible with all the animations and other stuff physical pinball tables can't do.

Some good stuff there @Sly Reflex. I think it's the upper right flipper I need to get better with on that table. And I'm not good with the nudging - always get paranoid I'm gonna lock the table so try not to use it.

Also, my immature mind made me laugh when you said 'drain your balls'. Yes, I'm a man-child.