passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Halo Reach

Jimboxy

Campaign, nothing special, but it is worth playing through.

Firefight, really fun, apart from it jerky about and lagging all the time.

Multiplayer, laggy as fuck, plays bag of crusty wank. How this game got such a big fan base I'll never know.

I might elaborate if I can be arsed next time I am on. I don't want to do it now because otherwise it will be paragraphs long with fault after fault.

i'm on the last level on legendary on my own now, it's been pretty hard going, one bit i was especially struggling with

the end of level 7 i think, spent ages killing stuff to get to this room with a button and the last bad dude in this room kept killing me, in the end i got some invisibility and jumped up into the front window of this room and pressed the button and the level ended!

mainly been enjoying it though, the big fight at the

end of level 9

is awesome :D

continuing to have great fun in multiplayer too, so many great moments already, what a game :wub:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/default.aspx?player=spatular

Campaign, nothing special, but it is worth playing through.

Firefight, really fun, apart from it jerky about and lagging all the time.

Multiplayer, laggy as fuck, plays bag of crusty wank. How this game got such a big fan base I'll never know.

I might elaborate if I can be arsed next time I am on. I don't want to do it now because otherwise it will be paragraphs long with fault after fault.

I wouldn't go quite that far but I did enjoy Firefight more than standard multiplayer.

I've loved the oddball multiplayer games you can get on Halo like Griffball and Rocket Races, but most Halo players don't seem interested, they just want standard deathmatch games.

Most times I'll still have fun playing when I'm losing but the round where everyone had sniper rifles was just awful - I ended up with a kill/death ratio of -25 or something.

The campaign was alright but I can't say much of it will stick with me, wheras the campaign in Halo 3 had some really stand-out moments like the Scarab tank fights. I also had no clue what was going on in the story.

I was a fool to play this on Normal, a fool i tell you. Its like watering down a fine liquor.

Ive started my solo run on Legendary, its not been as tough as i thought it would be and im progressing nicely but its a very slow pace. But this is what i mean about how the game completely changes on the harder difficulties. The 3rd mission took me over 2 hours simply because you have to find cover and pick your battles, any run and gun tactics leave you dead 99% of the time. Im finding the hologram to be handy, i sent it out of cover to draw fire or to see if there's anyone waiting for me that i havent noticed.

On to the 4th...

Stupid people playing this game while I can't. So is the general consensus that first play through should be on heroic then?

I remember playing through three or four multiplayer games and thinking they had changed it an awful lot, and I get the impression that it will take a while to get better game modes in to regular circulation and then will be a lot of fun.

Looking forward to playing more firefight thought, really enjoyed that about odst.

Im feeling like that, i feel like i should stay up all night to do that weekly challenge too. Grr..

Mission 7 on Legendary is really pissing me off, a tiny jackal with a pistol keeps killing me after i annihilate everything else.

Gone back to matchmaking to divert my rage.

The campaign was alright but I can't say much of it will stick with me, wheras the campaign in Halo 3 had some really stand-out moments like the Scarab tank fights.

i enjoyed the campaign in this but agree 3 was better. (edit - in some ways i prefer the campaign in reach though - elites are more bad ass to fight against with their recharging shields and some of the big battles are awesome, still slightly prefer halo 3 mind)

just finished it on legendary :D some pretty hard/annoying bits, the last bit was really hard, but some great fun too, it really ups the tension, killing elites is nearly impossible without some sort of noob combo. also did a 4 player coop run through on legendary the last few days which was good fun, and although the difficulty is scaled up for coop this time its still a lot easier than solo, and again much less lag than halo 3 coop, although still had the occasional small bits of lag.

got all the achievements too apart from the leveling up based ones that will come in time - something i got nowhere near in halo 3 because of the ffa achievements.

edit - checked my stats on bungie.net and i've played reach for 50+ hours since tuesday :blink::unsure:

Played quite a bit tonight, 6 hours if you are to believe Raptr. I don't know what to make of it. Sometimes it makes me rage like fuck and other times I feel like king of the world. I just can't make head or tail of it. The bite size firefight is awesome though, think that might become a game of choice once we are done with GoW2 horde.

i was mulling over getting this, feeling a bit left out! everyone is playing it! then i played some halo tonight and remembered i dont like it.. but i still want it.. :blink:

im a mixed up kid

edit: AND i got fairly abused by idiots too during my haloscepade :angry: . american ones too.. i havent got anything against americans as a whole but man it makes it that bit more annoying when youre being told in a nasal american accent that you suck.

Similar to Sly I have mixed feelings about it. Firefight is really cool, the main problem with matchmaking is when I ask what you have to do in the objective-based games, I just got ignored. Then people bitch that we lost but they wouldn't explain what to do properly.

Me and Sly had a game of some kind of capture the flag type game but it was a bit more contrived than that and it wasn't explained properly and then some zombie type infection game which i got into by the end of it, but again no-one explained what it was. I asked if it was every man for himself, and the best answer I got back was "kinda". Well, cheers for that.

I sort of understand that capture the point thing, but that zombie one left me without a clue. Some of these games need more stuff on the HUD to explain wtf is going on.

The one where you are attacking and defending there are two points with the numbers 20 in both. If you stand in one of these circles on attack, the numbers count down and when a circle expires, the next bit of the map opens up like on BC2 when both crates are done. This carries on until you get to the last point, at which you unlock some sort of flag which needs to be stolen and taken to the Humans ship. Obviously if you are playing Elites you have to defend against the Humans. Each capture point that gets taken means that both teams then have access to more powerful weapons, as a Human you start off with sprint and the machine gun, but as point capture you get to use holograms and armour locks etc. It is probably a game type that will get a lot better once you learn the map, as it doesn't really make any sense atm.

Found some general info that might prove useful:

The matchmaking system has been improved and redesigned from Halo 3; instead of having experience and rank as two separate features, Halo: Reach combines these two into a credit system where the player is scored on how well they play in each individual performance, instead of a win/loss system. As players gain credits, they achieve higher military rank, and are able to buy armor permutations to customize their SPARTAN and Elites character model. A new matchmaking system called the Arena is introduced for hardcore/competitive players where they will play in month-long seasons and be put into divisions of either Onyx, Gold, Silver, Bronze or Steel, depending on how well they play.

The multiplayer mode features standard multiplayer gametypes such as Slayer, Capture the Flag and King of the Hill, as well as reintroducing Race, a gametype that was once made exclusive only to Halo: Combat Evolved. Firefight mode, a cooperative gameplay mode that was made present in Halo 3: ODST, will be featured in Halo: Reach with much more customizable features, from the skulls that turn on every round to the very enemies the player will face every wave, as well as having Matchmaking support. Halo: Reach also introduces new gametypes to multiplayer such as Invasion, Stockpile, and Headhunter.

Matchmaking maps:

* Boardwalk

* Boneyard

* Countdown

* Forge World

* Powerhouse

* Reflection

* Spire

* Sword Base

* Zealot

Firefight maps:

* Beachhead

* Corvette

* Courtyard

* Glacier

* Holdout

* Outpost

* Overlook

* Waterfront

The non-obvious gametypes:

Headhunter

Headhunter is a free-for-all gametype in Halo: Reach, where players fight for flaming skulls and return the collected skulls to their designated (but mobile) deposit zone.

In order to collect other skulls, players must eliminate the opposing players and return the collected skulls to their deposit zone. When collecting the skulls, players are tagged with an navpoint indicator above their multiplayer models which reveals the amount of skulls collected, even if they are in Active Camouflage. The more skulls the players collect, the bigger a target they are. If a player is killed, all of the skulls will be dropped and opposing players will be able to collect the skulls. In addition, players will not be penalized for carrying the skulls and will be able to access all his/her weapons and abilities. The default game-winning score is 25, though if the player manages to deposit 10 skulls at once, they would obtain a Skullamanjaro. It is important to note that the player will not receive any points until they deposit their skulls into a territory.

Infection

The object of the gametype is for the players to stay "uninfected" as long as possible while the zombies try to kill every living player. The number of players starting out as Zombies, "Alpha Zombies", can be changed in the options and are selected at random from the start. When a Zombie kills a "living" player, they are "infected" and they become a zombie. When there is just one living player left, he/she is declared "Last Man Standing".

In Halo: Reach a new variant of Infection called Safe Havens will be included, which will be a fusion of Infection and King of the Hill, where the non-infected will have to stay and move to the hill in order to have the strength to kill the zombies.

Invasion

Invasion is a team-based gametype and can be described as a large vehicular-based firefight. The game begins on Phase 1, where only one portion of the map and no vehicles are available. As the game continues, more Phases unlock meaning there will be more objectives to be completed, vehicles will become available, and more Loadouts will become available as well. Boneyard's version of Invasion features the Elites on the offensive, trying to obtain a UNSC data core with valuable information on it, while the Spartans are tasked with defending it.

Invasion Slayer is a six-versus-six Spartan -vs-Elites slayer variant where players will eliminate the opposing team in order to score points; obtaining a total of 100 kills will end the game. Similar to the default Invasion gametype, the slayer gametype will be regulated through Phases which can be unlocked by either acquiring a specific amount of kills or surpassing a specific time.

Stockpile

Stockpile is a team-based gametype where two teams fight for four neutral flags which appear randomly throughout the map and return them to their respective capture points, making it somewhat similar to Capture the Flag. Points are not awarded instantly when the flag carrier drops the flag on the capture points; there is a timed countdown of sixty seconds on each capture point and successfully holding the capture point as well as the flag after the countdown will award the winning team points. The team that scores 10 flags first or the most flags in the 10 minute time limit wins.