passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Mysterious Sonic Experiment

Hendo

I'm using my Rock Band mic, it's actually picking up the guitar quite clear surprisingly. The problem is going to be that I need a sensible way to record an electric guitar. The mic in front of an amp might work, but my amp is a bit obscene (and at my parents) for a terraced house. I'll have to see if I can get the old 8 track working and get the line in to work on one of my computers without jungle book levels of hiss

How much are we allowed to dick about with this? I was struggling to come up with anything based on the bare bones version, so I played Hendo's part and elaborated a bit. It made it easier to come up with stuff, but by the end I'm going to have all the base chord redone, a vocal track and something more high end

Oh and dont hold me to this, because in the cold light of day it might turn out to be gash, but I think I might just have written a vocal track :o

How much are we allowed to dick about with this? I was struggling to come up with anything based on the bare bones version, so I played Hendo's part and elaborated a bit. It made it easier to come up with stuff, but by the end I'm going to have all the base chord redone, a vocal track and something more high end

I'm not bothered about you re-recording the rhythm guitar part, but it has to stay with the same basic chords and arrangement because everyone's using that as a jumping off point.

I don't think I am going to be able to take part here, Audacity is being a prick, No matter what I do it won't record through anything other than the jacks, which give terrible sound quality. Everything is set to use the USB mics as standard, and other programs accept the USB mics, it's only audacity that wont fucking use them. I have tried everything now and I am at a loss at what to do next. :angry:

It's a bit quiet but it's useable. I can bump up the volume which also bumps up the hiss but I added a noise filter to it - I didn't have much of a play with the noise filter settings so it can be better but it ends up giving it a vague tremolo effect which isn't the worst sound in the world.

tester for mfg1.mp3

• 3 weeks later...