passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Street Fighter IV

Sly Reflex

• 2 years later...
The update to Street Fighter IV that spilled out yesterday now has a name: it's going to be sold in a complete pack as Ultra Street Fighter IV, which adds five new fighters to the game, along with a range of tweaks.

Four the five fighters have been announced. They're Rolento, Poison, Hugo and Elena. You can find the details of the tweaks to existing characters here.

Ultra Street Fighter IV is the name given to a complete retail bundle including the main game and this new DLC. It'll cost $40. If you've already got Super Street Fighter IV, the new stuff will be available separately as DLC for $15.

From a splash screen grabbed by SRK, looks like it'll be available for at least the 360, PS3 and PC.

http://kotaku.com/ultra-street-fighter-iv-will-be-out-in-2014-783098206

http://youtu.be/AM0BbPcSAgw

• 2 years later...

Bump.

While wondering how I can waste my life these days I've decided to embark on finishing Ultra Street Fighter IV with every character in the story mode. I'm doing this to try and get a better understanding of a bunch of characters I never quite got, and I'm not a huige fan of playing it online right now since I'm very rusty and, well, you can imagine whose left playing this right now. Although I did do okay when I had a brief go, but I sacked it of when I got beat twice in a row by a text book Ryu user; not a scrubby one, just someone who I could easily read, and would have danced all around them four years ago, but kept somehow getting beat by them. I was close to shot putting my arcade stick out the window... so I decided to go back to the drawing board.

So that's why I'm challenging myself to finishing it with everyone since I don't think I've done it with anyone on this version (may have done it with a chunk of the cast from Super on the 360).

It's not gonna be that hard, but it'll be timely (there's 44 characters now!), and I think I'll record how things go here for something to do.

I've done some the last few days and his is where I'm at now. And I'm committed to working through the character select screen, from top left to bottom right:

Decapre

Surprisingly, I did it with her without using a continue which is something I've not done with other characters I know better. She's new and tailored to high level use, so I guess this means I'm awesome. But to be honest I just kept it simple and got lucky.

Ryu

No issue. Everyone can stumble with Ryu.

Ken

Same.

E. Honda

Charge characters are generally not my bag, but if I have to use one it's usually Honda, so no real issues.

Ibuki

This is where I get out of my comfort zone. It's weird, I'm kinda familiar with Ibuki since back when I played Super one of the guys from GTM used her a lot, and was really good. I couldn't quite remember how he used her but I learned a couple of target combos (a mechanic I've never really attempted) and just tried to be smart with her EX moves, because they are a pain in the arse. Usually, the only fight that is a struggle and takes a few attempts is Seth at the end but I had as much trouble with Zangeif. Grapplers really are her Achilles Heel and I just fudged it in the end.

Makoto

Same deal as above: Seen her used well, can't do it myself, grappler was a cunt (Hugo in his case), fudged it with some target combos and lucky supers. I'm never using her again.

Dudley

I'm not terrible with Dudley so this went okay, but I got more into his target combos. I think that really is something I'm hoping to get a better understanding of doing this. It's the SF Alpha characters that tend to have them so I guess it's from that game? that's the one I've played very little of so it is a blind spot for me.

Seth

Gouken

Akuma

Gen

Dan

Sakura

Oni

Elena

Yun

Juri

Chun-Li

Dhalsim

Abel

C. Viper

M. Bison

Sagat

Cammy

Dee Jay

Cody

Guy

Hakan

Rolento

Poison

Evil Ryu

Guile

Blanka

Zangief

Rufus

El Fuerte

Vega

Balrog

Fei Long

T. Hawk

Adon

Rose

Yang

Hugo

So a bit to go, then.

Oh, they've also updated the game at some point because now there are challenges that help you learn characters that were added from Arcade Edition onwards, so that'll help.

Strangely enough, I was thinking about bumping this very thread a few days ago as I've recently got into USFIV after watching EVO 2015.

Here's some first impressions:

Day 1:
Played about 2 and a half hours of USFIV today, if this is one of the easiest fighting games to get into I'd love to know what the hardest would be like :weep: thank fu*k I didn't throw caution to the wind and buy Blazblue, as USFIV is hard enough, bloody hell.
Started out trying to get a feel for some different characters and learning their moves in the Training mode, I usually like fast, female characters the most in fighting games so thought Chun-Li would be a good place to start, learnt a few of her moves and tried to get to grips with the control scheme and stuff and then a mate off another forum came online so we had a good few games, lost everytime :lol: as expected, the guy off another forum was insanely good, I lost every game and I only managed to win 1 or 2 rounds :lol: but I guess that's all par for the course with next to no experience and training and stuff,
Tried out a few different characters with a guy off another forum trying to find my feet and get to grips with things, felt most a home with Juri so I decided to go and try out the Arcade mode, only got as far as Ken before having my arse handed to me by the CPU so gave up on that and went back to back and do some more training with her in the training mode, learnt all her moves, Level 1 Ultras and her Supers, after this I decided to go online and see what the competition was like, well, it was, pretty difficult as expected and I repeated got my arse handed to me, although I did win 1 game which I was surprised about, think I've improved slightly and definitely got to grips with Juri a bit, just need to remember the reverse directions for all the moves when I'm on the right side of the screen :lol:
It's pretty disheartening and daunting though, will be a great challenge to even get upto a semi-decent level, but hopefully I'll stick with it and get better.
Day 2:
Did about an hours training and some of the challenges and an hour of ranked battle/endless battle online, with the the training I just wanted to learn all of Juri's moves from the right hand side, so I don't have to keep trying to jump to the left of my opponent to do moves on them in the future :lol: successfully managed to learn almost all Juri's moves from the right-hand perspective but couldn't nail the air-kick for some reason, just wouldn't work 90% of the time, D-Pad was getting right on my tits today and my thumb feels incredibly numb.
Did a few of the challenges too, pretty fun and teach you some cool stuff, got about upto 11 before I started having problems and called it a day, then went online, tried endless battle and repeatedly got battered by everyone, then went on Ranked and it seems I've actually made a little progress because I battered a few people today surprisingly, admittedly it was only 3 wins out of about 12 matches, but it is some slight progress from yesterday.

Juri is quite an unusual character. I don't think I'd recommend her to a beginner but if it's working for you then go for it. I suppose Rose is the same but the game made more sense to me when I tried to main her early on.

I don't know Juri that well but the advice I would give is be mindful of her EX moves (that pressing two punch or kicks buttons for your special moves if you've not got to them, yet); same as any character I guess but hers are particularly useful.

The EX wheel kick is a good wake-up move when someone has you pinned. Just enter the command as you're getting up. The EX version special kick you do in the air. I think, homes in a little, and also bounces them off the screen where you can follow it up with another attack. Just follow it up with something normal for extra damage, but if you want to get fancy and get in the right position, you can combo it into an Ultra.

There's loads to do with her, but those things are quite easy to pull off and are pretty effective. I might remember more when I get to her.

But good luck online, the only people playing it now really know their stuff.

As for SFIV being the easy fighting game to get into? well, it is, but only because it is slower then other fighting games, so reading stuff is easier, and it's generous with the button inputs. BlazBlue is only harder because of the speed and it has taken the SF template into a weirder direction.

I'd say Persona 4 Arena, while a lot like BlazBlue, is probably a bit easier to get into then SF. If you get your head around SF a little, you'd do okay with Arena.

King of Fighters is one to avoid. Man is that game serious. I might try it again after I'm done with this project.

:lol::lol: :lol: Hendo

Juri is quite an unusual character. I don't think I'd recommend her to a beginner but if it's working for you then go for it. I suppose Rose is the same but the game made more sense to me when I tried to main her early on.
I don't know Juri that well but the advice I would give is be mindful of her EX moves (that pressing two punch or kicks buttons for your special moves if you've not got to them, yet); same as any character I guess but hers are particularly useful.

The EX wheel kick is a good wake-up move when someone has you pinned. Just enter the command as you're getting up. The EX version special kick you do in the air. I think, homes in a little, and also bounces them off the screen where you can follow it up with another attack. Just follow it up with something normal for extra damage, but if you want to get fancy and get in the right position, you can combo it into an Ultra.

There's loads to do with her, but those things are quite easy to pull off and are pretty effective. I might remember more when I get to her.

But good luck online, the only people playing it now really know their stuff.

As for SFIV being the easy fighting game to get into? well, it is, but only because it is slower then other fighting games, so reading stuff is easier, and it's generous with the button inputs. BlazBlue is only harder because of the speed and it has taken the SF template into a weirder direction.

I'd say Persona 4 Arena, while a lot like BlazBlue, is probably a bit easier to get into then SF. If you get your head around SF a little, you'd do okay with Arena.

King of Fighters is one to avoid. Man is that game serious. I might try it again after I'm done with this project.

Yeah, I've heard she's not an ideal character to start with now, but when I was first looking at a character to use before starting my SF journey I stumbled across a Wikia that said Juri was the easiest character to learn, so went with her (that and she clicked the most out of the plethora of characters I tried out, Chun-Li as well, but I couldn't learn any of her moves easily), can do most of her moves but some give me trouble to pull off with the XB1 D-Pad not registering some of my prompts, been advised by a mate on another forum to use the analog stick instead, but I thought for fighters the D-Pad is always king? Anyway, I might try the analog stick and see if my problems with the prompts disappears.

I'd like to try a multitude of fighters just to see what they're like, Guilty Gear Xrd and BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Extend PS4 are both on my radar, BlazBlue was the game that got me interested in watching EVO so I'd just love to give it a go in the future, not seen a lot of King of Fighters, but I'd love to give that a go too, just to compare and contrast with them all, the fighting genre is one I've neglected for quite a while now, last fighting game I got before USFIV was Marvel vs Capcom 3 I think.

Cheggers on that cover art looks like a knob wearing a toupee.

Blakey, I'd recommend getting a Madcatz fight pad. All the buttons you need are lined up on the face of the controller and it has a kickass dpad. I use mine for any PC games that don't need analogue movement, it's a solid investment.

Cheggers on that cover art looks like a knob wearing a toupee.

Blakey, I'd recommend getting a Madcatz fight pad. All the buttons you need are lined up on the face of the controller and it has a kickass dpad. I use mine for any PC games that don't need analogue movement, it's a solid investment.

Cheers for the recommendation, I have looked at them, but wasn't aware any worked on PC to be honest, I've been looking at fight-sticks but they're all way above what I want to spend, so a Fightpad may be a great compromise, although I couldn't use it on PS4.

Beta still doesn't load. Fucks sake.

This isn't the Street Fighter V thread. Mods! MODS!

Decapre

Ryu

Ken

E. Honda

Ibuki

Makoto

Dudley

Seth

I don't know how I feel about Seth. He's got a good variety of moves but they never seemed to click for me. Like things were never quite what I needed. And his lack of health didn't help. But it was a relatively painless run.

Gouken

I thought I was good with Gouken. Maybe I was in some point of time, but I struggled here. The fight with Ryu at the end took far too long and Seth took more than a few attempts. I think it's that I don't play that defensive and that is required with Gouken. He has those counters and fireballs at different angles. I guess he's happy in a corner in th eright hands... maybe.

Akuma

This run didn't go too bad. Akuma's normals, combos and specials are something I could see myself getting into but I do like easy access to an Ultra and Akuma's just aren't easy to hit with. You gotta have a constand handle on things with hime and I'm just not that kinda player. I don't always keep it cool.

Gen

Dan

Sakura

Oni

Elena

Yun

Juri

Chun-Li

Dhalsim

Abel

C. Viper

M. Bison

Sagat

Cammy

Dee Jay

Cody

Guy

Hakan

Rolento

Poison

Evil Ryu

Guile

Blanka

Zangief

Rufus

El Fuerte

Vega

Balrog

Fei Long

T. Hawk

Adon

Rose

Yang

Hugo

I did try Gen as well but I think I might have to research that guy out of game because the game itself does a terrible job of teaching you about him. There are some Ultras that I just don't understand and some of his other moves don't make sense. I gotta do some homework on this guy before I progress.