passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gears of War 3

Hendo

Playing this earlier today at the gadget show. My god the shotgun seems really shit now.

Maybe its because im extremely rusty :rolleyes:

LOL! We're talking generation 1 Gnasher here. It's range is too long. After I've played a bit more I'll bang some impressions up.

• 3 weeks later...

Master Chief in Gears?

“I actually approached Microsoft on getting Master Chief into the game, but those guys are kind of squemish.” ”One of Halo’s successes is that it’s a soft M. Gears pushes it further. I’m creatively comfortable with that, though it can limit what you do. If you had to break it down, I’d say that Gears is like Mortal Kombat and Halo is like Street Fighter.”

“If we were to get Master Chief, we’d get his model, put him in a COG suit, make it blow up, and do some test animation work.” ”We’d have to see what his head looks like being blown to smithereens or how his arm would look getting sawed off. Then we’d package up the test footage, put it on YouTube, and let the fans get a kick out of it because everything is meta these days.”

Details of the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition have seemingly been leaked to ThumbPad by an anonymous insider source, prior to Microsoft soon making an official announcement regarding the pricey limited edition, which as you'd expect will bundle all of the goodies from the Collector's Edition alongside a highly collectible figurine.

Said Collector's Edition will apparently come in a slick tin case with the usual goodies, which we assume will include an art book and a disc of extras at the very least. The Epic Edition will also include a 12-inch figurine of Marcus Fenix modelled around the game's cover art.

So, in all likelihood, the Marcus figurine that is reportedly set to come with the Epic Edition will look something like the image below. Gears of War 3 is out on September 20th, 2011.

gears3_cover_image.jpg

you know im interested :blush:

Also got myself a beta code! Whey!

Microsoft and Epic Games have today announced some big numbers for Gears of War 3, including statistics for the multiplayer beta, which managed to attract a staggering 1.29 million fans across 145 different countries. This has no doubt helped in making Gears of War 3 the fastest pre-ordered game in Xbox 360 history, netting orders exceeding 1 million units worldwide.

That's a lot when you consider that Gears 3 won't even release until September, making the guys at Epic Games incredibly happy. “An overwhelming success – we can’t thank the fans enough,” said Epic Games Design Director Cliff Bleszinski. “While the beta was a fun way to give players an early taste of our game, it also provided us with invaluable feedback to help us refine and polish ‘Gears of War 3’ to ensure it’s truly the culmination of the trilogy we promised to the fans.”

Here are some of the frankly quite impressive statistics from the Gears of War 3 public multiplayer beta, just to give you an idea of exactly how successful it was:

1.29 million people participated in the beta

145 different countries participated in the beta

249 years worth of matches played

More than 11 million matches completed

More than 927 million kills recorded

More than 131 million executions performed

More than 23 million deaths by chainsaw

Nearly 23 BILLION bullets fired

460 million ribbons and 294 million medals earned

435 thousand people earned the beta exclusive Thrashball Cole skin to use in the retail game

234 thousand people earned the beta exclusive Gold Retro Lancer to use in the retail game

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear Hinn,

post-80-012717200 1307560148.jpg

post-80-089926900 1307560171.jpg

Please buy me.

Ta,

Gears 3 360.

PS: According to True Achievements i'll be:

sporting a 320 GB hard drive. In addition, you'll receive a standard copy of Gears 3, a wired headset, a download token for in-game content (the Crimson Omen weapon skin and Adam Fenix playable MP character), and two Gears 3 controllers.

:toss: