passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The PC bucket...

Sly Reflex

Right, solved it. For some reason it had set to 16 bit and not 32 bit. Once I had switch back to 32 bit in my screen resolution, Aero became an option. What a fucking ball ache. Thanks for semi pointing me in the right direction Craymen, would have never have found that without some direction. :blush:

So, SimCity 4 then. Another game you think you've played for minutes, yet hours whiz by without you noticing. I can see a pattern emerging here. Also, I have not console gamed properly for over a week now, outside of playing pinball on the PS3/PSP. Scary. Knowing my luck next time I turn the 360 on it'll RROD to spite me.

I've always liked the Sim City games, but find there's always a point where I can't make any progress because I can't make enough money to keep the population growing and happy. That's usually when the natural disaster buttons become very appealing.

I have it down now. Before I was just throwing zones down willy nilly, now I have a city on the build where I have had the foresight to plan way ahead or splurge the money on having AAA roads and links to transport so I don't run into the usual shit of getting a bollocking further down the line because something isn't up to scratch and having to destroy parts of your city to rectify it.

It is pretty cool how neighbouring cities play off each other as well, I made too many jobs in the first city, and I have under jobbed my current city, yet the people in the current city are commuting into the next city and building of the industrial and commercial are getting really big. I'm also paying the first city to take all the rubbish and put it in a landfill. Passing the buck basically.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I had a quick go on the APB beta round at a friends. If it was a console game it would shift consoles. Really, it's fucking awesome, although I don't think it is that awesome I would want to spend a shedload on a new PC to run it. Seriously though, it is good. Hopefully one day they will be able to port it across, although I think we are talking next gen tbh.

Anybody tried Osmos on Games For Windows?

Its pretty good once you get used to the controls. You start of as a small blob of matter and can only consume that which is smaller than yourself. As you consume you grow and the goal (most of the time) is to become the biggest. All nicely presented and very ambient.

This is quite an awesome level where you have to absorb the planet in the middle (or the Attractor as they call it). All the time you are smaller than the attractor you are stuck in its gravity so you have to battle that aswell as concentrating on making yourself larger.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• 3 weeks later...

I recently bought King's Bounty: The Legend cheap on steam because I couldn't find my disc version. Lo and behold, I found the boxed one today.

So, does anyone want it? It's been installed once on my previous PC, but I see no registration key printed anywhere on the box or manual, I think it might just require the DVD to be in the drive while playing. I make no guarantees it'll work, therefore I'm not asking anything for it.

Eurogamer Review

System Requirements

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

That APB just shot itself in the fanny. When you buy the game, you get 50 hours time online, then after that you have to pay to play. Quote from Gamecentral.

EA has announced that massively multiplayer GTA-alike APB will be released on July 1 in Europe.

Developed by Crackdown's Real-Time Worlds, and the creator of the original Grand Theft Auto, the game will initially be sold for £34.99.

That includes 50 hours of online play, after which you can either buy extra time in 20 hour chunks for £5.59 or a 30-day unlimited package for £7.99.

The game has quite a lot going for it from the little bit I played, but £8 a month? I pay about £2.50 a month for LIVE and that covers everything, not just one game. A mistake for this game no doubt, it will fall on its arse and lose a lot of players because of this reason.

That's one of the things I hate about MMO's.

There's no way I'm paying you the RRP of a regular game if after 30 days / x hours, I have to give you more money to continue to play it. What's special about that first couple of weeks that I should pay 3-4 times the subscription price for it?

Now 50 hours is more time than I spend on most games, so giving that amount of time away is a bad way to try and make money if you're using a subsciption/pay to play model. I'm going to go ahead and assume there's a expiration date on those hours we'll hear about later, like must be used in the first 30-60 days kind of thing.

I dunno, if it's multiplayer only then they have to keep on top with patches, updates and new stuff to do. It's actually pretty generous to give you 50 hours of playtime before you have to start paying, compared to most sub-based MMO's.

• 1 month later...