passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Sly Reflex

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good games tonight. Nice to see Hendo getting a little better too. You don't want to be staying in the same place if you are camping after a kill, try moving a little unless you are really dug in somewhere that will cause them problems.

Sometimes that's going to happen. We still did pretty good overall, out squad took up the top half of the table which is all that matters really. Mike getting over 700 points in pins just by screw driving my tank was a pretty good haul on points.

Well, bar some gold medals I've yet to get on some weapons, that's the Assault and Medic class maxed. Next to move onto Engineer.

I'm actually quite looking forward to spending time with Recon but I'd rather be using a semi-automatic sniper rifle as the first one you have is really annoying having to load every shot. I'd rather fire off 3 slightly weaker bullets in quick succession rather than fire one powerful shot and then risk the person hiding if I haven't got them right.

Played some more squad deathmatch and it's pretty good but very annoying when people on your squad quit out and the game doesn't immediately find other people to join in. I spent about 20 minutes being the only person left on my team so I just gave up in the end. It's a good twist on deathmatch though, being 4 teams of 4.

The only mode left to try is Squad Rush.

I haven't tried the deathmatch yet but I did have my first go at squad rush today, it was with randoms and the other team had the same clan tags so we got proper fucked, it didn't help that there were only ever two of us against four of them. I tried my best, I did manage to sneak past them when they had us pinned at the spawn point but you can't fend off a whole squad on your own when you've set the crate off.. well I can't. Shitty first impression anyway, it would probably be better with a few of us taking it to them.

Squad Rush is just a shorter Rush mode, I don't see what the problem is with it. (Or was it getting constantly killed by M60 wielding medics?)

I don't like Conquest as much as the other modes, as there's fuck all you can do as a squad to avoid losing if the rest of your side are just playing like it's deathmatch.

Me and Hendo played before you came along and it was utterly abysmal. I wouldn't mind if we were getting beat fairly, but camping us up and even running into our spawn to get kills doesn't make for a fun time. Not really a fan of Conquest either, I bet it would make more sense if we had a full party and put a squad on 2 flags and held them at bay.

I like Squad Rush but if you don't have a full squad of four then it's a dull, slow raping session.

There seems to be a lot of matches ending recently where the losing team will one by one drop out and it takes ages to get filled back up again. Before Sly joined me on Squad Rush, I was on my own against two people where I was the attacker and it was getting quite dull being only able to arm the bomb and then get killed and it get disarmed. It's meant to be 4 on 4, you'd think it would fill up fairly quickly.

Played a bit this afternoon. So, the spaz12 with slug damage is pretty lethal. On Arica Harbour defending at 2nd base directly above crate B, I shot one slug at a Recon in the opposite window in the vain hope it would discourage him from mortaring until someone could kill him. What I got was 50 points for killing him. Plus the bonus for the headshot kill. Plus the points for killing the guy behind him. Plus the points for headshotting the 2nd guy. And then an assist on a 3rd guy. It's an insane combo.

Ah, I've been completely avoiding shotguns because normally when I'm at the distance where it would do good, I'm already dead because my reaction time is terrible. Might have to give one a try, especially as the guns for the engineer feel really weak, probably just a psychological thing because they don't kick out as much of a sound as the other guns. They sound more like pea shooters in comparison.

Well the new map thing is up and I'm starting to get used to the new one on Rush.

I've been most pleased playing this game because it eliminates the smacktalk and general stupidity that you hear on CoD, however today that element sneaked through. I got a message from one of the enemy guys that said, "It's LMG fuknut, dont snipe wit it" so I replied "You play your way and I'll play mine, cockheed :) "

Only then did I notice that his clan tag was BNP, another thing I thought I left behind from CoD. :(

Weird thing is that in his profile he says something about Treyarch should be making a much better game than IW and then completely rips into BC2 on his bio. Why are you playing it then? Oh and his gamertag pic is the BC2 soldier. :unsure:

post-62-12699667572423.jpg

So anyway, I filed a complaint against him. :)