passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Assassin's Creed II

illdog

is anyone new to this , or has everyone already played the original?

just wondered because it seems to throw you in at the deep by not really explaining the controls at all well, which has left me getting pretty annoyed with the free running, fighting and generally what the hell is going on at the start, getting used to it pretty quick now though. it's probably like that because it'd be too boring for people who've already played the first one and i should look at the manual, i just expect everything to be explained in game these days. or maybe it's dead easy and i'm rubbish, it's hard to tell.

I'm new to it dude, and took it pretty well. Just hold RT when running on rooftops and such, and you should be able to flow pretty nicely. Hit A to jump/sprint. Combat will come, like Hendo I just tend to button bash and it has seen me through up to now.

I've done the first two DNA sequences now, and am really into it. I've been sticking mostly to the main story I think, and I'm liking it a lot. It's taken me completely by surprise to be honest, I bought the game on a whim and am so glad I did. It's filled the hole in the third-person adventure genre, and plays very similarly to Prince of Persia and even Batman Arkham Asylum, two games which I loved playing through. I'm looking forward to pulling off some good kills, as I appear to be building up my arsenal at the moment.

It looks beautiful in places too, and the dialogue so far has been very good indeed.

Hendo, i cant believe you just mash X and hope for the best, i might have to say LOL. I use the grab (B whilst locked on to an opponent) and then X to slit their throat or you could throw them (B after the grab)into a crowd of guards which either makes them stumble or knocks them on there ass, then you can beat them whilst your down.

Its also worth spending 10000 florins at the fight trainer dude outside the Villa and learn the Long Weapons techniques, then you can sweep many guards at once of their feet. Oh, and go to Unarmed Combat and learn the sand throw technique, also handy.

The basic rule for any of the puzzles that give you a clue is just look for the most obvious thing the word in red is hinting at, its normally pretty simple.

Im in Venice now, met some new dudes kicking alot of ass. Oh, and my italians getting better, dov'è il bagno?

I'm new to it dude, and took it pretty well. Just hold RT when running on rooftops and such, and you should be able to flow pretty nicely. Hit A to jump/sprint. Combat will come, like Hendo I just tend to button bash and it has seen me through up to now.

nice one, gald you're finding it ok, i probably just need to play some more, i'm not that far in at all. i'm sure it told me to hold the trigger and A while running about on stuff, which is where i was going wrong, took me a while to work out that i had to press A to do stuff rather than hold it, i probably read it wrong. also got confused when having to escape some baddies, wasn't sure if i was supposed to fight them or run away, seems like you can do either and you have to get outside the circle like on GTA or something? in the fighting i keep nearly dying, but then i am rubbish at fighting games.

Hendo, i cant believe you just mash X and hope for the best, i might have to say LOL.

Yeah, I fully intend to fight in a clean way, but then in the heat of the moment I panic and just mash like a bastard.

I should spend more time in the practice circle, lord knows I've got cash to spare.

I'm making some ridiculous amounts of money now, fully pimped up the villa, about 78% done of everything, bought every weapon, pouch and bit of armour that is available to me and I've still got money to burn.

Hendo, i cant believe you just mash X and hope for the best, i might have to say LOL.

Yeah, I fully intend to fight in a clean way, but then in the heat of the moment I panic and just mash like a bastard.

I should spend more time in the practice circle, lord knows I've got cash to spare.

I'm making some ridiculous amounts of money now, fully pimped up the villa, about 78% done of everything, bought every weapon, pouch and bit of armour that is available to me and I've still got money to burn.

Yeah, the villa is really easy to fully upgrade. Just need to buy more stuff and that will be me.

Speaking of the villa, does anyone know how to get to/ find the treasure that's supposedly in the mansion. On the map the treasure symbol appears near the entrance, but I can't find it. Any ideas? Or do I jhave to 100% the villa before I get it?

Yeah I've been wondering that myself. My OCD twitch is all over this game - first thing I do in a new town is buy the treasure maps, then find all the treasure in the space, then move to the next viewpoint and repeat.

I don't need the treasure at all but it bugs me just sitting there so I have to get it.

I'm missing the ones in and by the villa (one is up a tower on the town walls and I'm not sure how to get up there).

Am I alone in only just watching the CG video? I just left it on the title screen, looked up when some different sound came on and it's an awesome trailer that I've not seen before - Ezio taking people down at a party.

Brilliant stuff! :D

nice one, gald you're finding it ok, i probably just need to play some more, i'm not that far in at all. i'm sure it told me to hold the trigger and A while running about on stuff, which is where i was going wrong, took me a while to work out that i had to press A to do stuff rather than hold it, i probably read it wrong. also got confused when having to escape some baddies, wasn't sure if i was supposed to fight them or run away, seems like you can do either and you have to get outside the circle like on GTA or something? in the fighting i keep nearly dying, but then i am rubbish at fighting games.

I think my problem earlier is that when climbing I was also pushing up on the L analogue stick whist also

hitting R1 so as soon as I reached the top he'd jump in the opposite direction!! argh!! :lol:

Nearing the end now, it's been epic. :)

I finished up the carnival games to get the golden mask and does anyone else think they should add a little multiplayer thing in? Not like the standard multiplayer stuff, but races where you download people's ghosts, or one on one objectives like the ones in the carnival.

I also set up that U-Play thing and unlocked an extra assassin tomb to play in, and you can unlock Altair's costume.

I just did the Golden Mask thing, on the next bit now. Spent the last 4 hours game time looking for feathers, i have 70 now using a gnarly guide but i cant help but think i missed one somewhere along the line and will end up with 99.

Epic indeed and i shall be gutted when its all over but at the same time i think the story goes on for a little too long.

I just did the Golden Mask thing, on the next bit now. Spent the last 4 hours game time looking for feathers, i have 70 now using a gnarly guide but i cant help but think i missed one somewhere along the line and will end up with 99.

I have 99 feathers. :weep:

how is the feather collecting, illdog? much of a chore? i had shenmue II on my desk winking at me the whole time so as soon as i got the truth video done i got stuck into that. ill come back for those pesky feathers

I have 99 feathers. :weep:

It doesnt tell you feathers and shit but its ok, i found the mofunker now.

Finished the game this afternoon aswell, what an awesome ride. It was quite easy really, pretty much all the way through to be honest but i think a game thats not too taxing on the grey matter goes down a treat sometimes. I cant belive how much of an improvement over the first one, Ubisofts monkeys have done a cracking job. Havent got a fucking clue whats going on storywise and frankly i couldnt give a fuck, just want the third one now please.

EDIT: Superbio guide for feathers and whatever HERE

yeah did the feathers tonight, was quite fun! grateful they kept the collectathons to a minimum this time round. oh and if you pause the game and go to the DNA menu, you can find out where youre missing a feather

Well thats a backwards way of doing it, there are too many menu's in this game. Location, Secret Location, blah blah blah. Hendo was right then, i take it back.

I'm only upto the mission where I'm about to chase Francesco! Love upgrading the town, but how do you upgrade the villa as the architect only seems to upgrade shops, etc? I have to say the countryside is beautiful, almost surpassing the mighty Oblivion in places.

I'm also replaying the first game - it still looks great, if a little rougher in places comapred to this one.