passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fable III announced

Hendo

What’s this, then? Lionhead just tweeted a new splash page for its website, which features an image of Che Guevara and the quote, “At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love.”

“We just fancied putting it up there,” a rep on the phone just told us before clamming up so hard the universe nearly exploded.

Thumbs up and thumbs down symbols sit below the image. Click one. Hit the up thumb and you go through to a page named “followers”. Go for down and you land on “subjects”.

This may or may not be related to the Peter Molyneux announcement at GamesCom next week. Call us bluff old traditionalists, but we’re going for “may”.

http://www.lionhead.com/

Whatever it is, Peter will over hype it's tits off and it will end up a dissapointment.

Only after slating Fable 2 and saying how disapointed he was with it and how the new IP will fulfill all his games development dreams.

Peters games are generally of high quality, but they rarely deliver what he says they are going to do.

When you say "they rarely deliver what he says they are going to do", you actually mean "he over promised on the original Fable".

Kind of on that topic, one my favourite little detail in Fable II was the grave stones with the funny little dedications on them, most of all the one in Fairfax Gardens that read:

"PDM. This is the best grave in history and will change the way people look at final resting places forever."
:lol:

Hmmmm, reading that makes me want to do a second run through on Fable II.

Or give the first one a run through, might have to invest in some more MS points.

Play on the original xbox if you can. I have a copy you can lend if you ping me your address. The 360 doesn't cope very well with it, I played on the 360 before with my disc, and sometimes it was a little lacklustre.

Play on the original xbox if you can. I have a copy you can lend if you ping me your address. The 360 doesn't cope very well with it, I played on the 360 before with my disc, and sometimes it was a little lacklustre.

I appreciate the offer, but I don't have an old Xbox anymore - I had one for less than 24 hours and then it was stolen along with my original Gamecube. :angry:

We missed 5, which was Maximilien Robispierre with the quote: 'Terror is only justice; Prompt, Severe and Inflexible; It is then an Emanation of Virtue; It is less a distinct principle than a natural consequence of the general principle of democracy, applied to the most pressing wants of the country.'

Emma Goldman - "If I can't dance, I don't want to be in your revolution."

Also, Fable II GotY detailed:

Retailers including our old friends ShopTo and Play.com are both listing a Fable II Game of the Year edition for release on 18th September.

As you can probably imagine, the GOTY version is the core game, which we rather liked, and the Knothole Island and See the Future downloadable content, which we wouldn't kick out of bed.

Both retailers list an SRP of £39.99 and of course both are discounting it, although, at the risk of offending their delicate natures, if you haven't played Fable II yet you could always buy it now for about half that and then buy the seven-quid-each downloadable add-ons later if the need takes you.

fable II goty edition, pish, more like "lame of the year"

...anyone..?

*High fives*

.. Thats wrong of me, I've never played Fable II but I'm aloud to piss over popular games too. Ass Creed 2 is a while away so I won't be getting my next fix for a while.

Fable II to be re-released on XBLA as five downloadable episodes.

From C+VG:

Peter Molyneux's confirmed at Gamescom that Fable II will be re-released on Xbox Live as five downloadable episodes.

The first Fable II episode will launch on September 29 as a free download, the Lionhead man said. After that you'll be given the option to pay to download the next chapter.

The re-release will be fully compatible with Fable II's DLC packs, Knothole Island and See the Future, but there are no pricing details as yet.

UPDATE: Full PR follows:

While "Fable II" has become the best-selling role-playing game of all time on Xbox 360, there are some who still have not experienced the magic and adventures that await them in Albion. For those who have watched from the outside, unsure if they were hero material, a surprise awaits. Microsoft and Lionhead Studios are about to embark on a new journey with the episodic release of "Fable II" on Xbox LIVE. The launch of "Fable II: Game Episodes" will debut Sept. 29 with the release of the first episode for free download exclusively on Xbox LIVE.

In the first episode, players will experience childhood and the trials of being a young adult in the world of Albion. After completing the chapter, players have the choice to then purchase the next installment or the entire game (in select regions). "Fable II: Game Episodes" delivers the entire "Fable II" experience in five consecutive instalments, with all the Achievements, challenges and excitement of the disk-based game, as well as full compatibility with the previously released Game Add-ons, "Knothole Island" and "See the Future." The episodes are also fully compatible with the disk-based, retail version of "Fable II," allowing players to enter Albion and continue their story should they purchase "Fable II" at retail. All editions of the game offer cooperative play with friends on the same couch as well as on Xbox LIVE.*

"With the launch of Games on Demand on Xbox LIVE, we have a great tool in place to deliver classic titles in an incredibly convenient fashion," said Phil Spencer, general manager of Microsoft Game Studios. "With the 'Fable II' episodic model, we're encouraging people to experience the first chapter of the game for free, then move onto other chapters when they are ready. It's a unique model and one that will appeal to gamers who've been hesitant to dive full into the original retail release."