passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Battlefield 1943 [XBLA/PSN]

retroed

As TopGun said, I jumped into a few games last night, and had a good time. Like CoD and other FPS, joining a session in progress doesn't mean you'll be on the same side.

You need to go to 'My squad' and invite them. Then not only will you be on the same side but when you respawn you can respawn right night to a squad member (of your choosing). Awesome feature that.

Yeah, that's right because we were all spawning together last night and going on adventures in jeeps, which usually ended in disaster. :lol:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I know about the squad thing dude, but I didn't want to take TGK out of a game. :)

The squad spawn works really well. alexik72 and I were using this method on Friday night, we'd spawn together, I'd get in a jeep and he'd jump on the gun and we'd go capturing. Brilliant stuff.

im playing it now, but i am slightly confused. What am i meant to be doing exactly?

The teams have a bar at the top of the screen and you have to deplete the other team's one. Every time someone in that team respawns, it takes up some of that life bar. The more bases your team has means the bar goes down more extensively when they respawn.

im playing it now, but i am slightly confused. What am i meant to be doing exactly?

edit - turns out i'm an idiot and have no idea how it works!

i played the demo and it lagged a bit, was occasionally fun, and then froze, so sort of put me off, might still get it at some point though as i'm sure it'll be loads of fun played with friends.

should i be able to talk to other people on my team, i cant hear any chatter?

To talk to people, you have to be in a squad, which you can get into by pressing some button. It's only really useful for with friends though, since talking isn't all that necessary.

Coral Sea's out. It's OK. Need to play it more to fully judge it though. Seems the servers are on the fritz again though, because sometimes the aerial superiority option doesn't appear in the menu, and all my stats have disappeared. They bloody better come back.

I apologise to Ed and sibernet for my "skills" in last nights' game, though to be fair, for one round I did give the pad to a mate who is strictly a PC gamer these days, especially on FPS's (yeah, he's one of those) and although it was painful to watch, I wish I'd have filmed the results.

I apologise to Ed and sibernet for my "skills" in last nights' game, though to be fair, for one round I did give the pad to a mate who is strictly a PC gamer these days, especially on FPS's (yeah, he's one of those) and although it was painful to watch, I wish I'd have filmed the results.

It's OK, we weren't exactly doing spectacularly well either. We were being pretty much dominated at times, and I just couldn't get into the flow of things. I did chuckle when I saw someone on our team's gamertag was windwanker, though. :lol: