passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Battlefield 1943 [XBLA/PSN]

retroed

Just wondering, has anyone else seen loads of black lines and shapes just come up on the screen and flickers quickly? Its happened a few times now.

Oh thank fuck for that! I thought my 360 was on the way out!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

some guns used during WWII needed the clip to be emptied before you could change magazine, afaik. so maybe its for historical correctness!

That sniper they are top loaded though, its not a M1 Garand which I think you are referring to. That rifle reloads similar to how you would put shells into a shotgun. Why do I even know this shit? :blink:

EDIT: Thinking about it, the rifleman in this game actually uses what looks like a M1 Garand. I have no idea what the Japanese guy uses.

I had a brilliant few games just now. My last one, on Guadalcanal, was amazing. I finished top of the board with well over 400 points. I only had 11 kills, but I was bombing it around in my jeep capturing all the bases. As soon as one went red I made my move, took out whoever was there with my rifle, and proceeded to stealthily capture. I was the only one on my team that seemed too bothered about capturing, so off I went on my own. I love that there are so many different ways to play the game.

Ive nearly got all acheivements now, just need to figure out how to parachute from a plane. Im good with the planes now, but I dont actually think they are great for getting kills, im better on the AA guns killing planes, I got about ten kills just from destroying planes one time.

I think that either sniper or rifleman are my best classes. I love blowing up jeeps with the rifle mounted grenade when they drive at you, just seeing them fly into the air is classic. I think you should get more points for good sniper kills, I headshotted someone from literally across a map and they were in the buildings with the slits for shooting, and it was the same as if id just shot him five foot away.

Ive nearly got all acheivements now, just need to figure out how to parachute from a plane.

Press B to exit the plane, then press A to open your parachute.

I just need to get the Tour of Duty II achievement now, which is 100 games played.

Has anyone called in an airstrike yet? It's something to do with those radars isn't it? I'm not sure how to do it.

Press B to exit the plane, then tap A. Do it out at sea, as I tend to shoot parachutist over land because they are slow moving easy kills.

EDIT: Doh! Beaten to the punch. Still, do it out at sea to minimise than chance of someone rubbing you.

Sometimes at the start of a game I'll get in a plane, fly low towards a flag and bail out to capture. It's a quick way to get ahead, as long as the opposing team doesn't have similar ideas. If using this method I tend to aim for the middle flag, as the jeeps haven't normally reached it yet.

Tis a good idea, its such a wicked game.

I called in a radar, theres a little hut with the map image of three planes. Its alright, you control three planes flying in formation, they are quite slow, and if im in a plane then I like to shoot them down, but they drop a shit load of bombs, if used well then they can level a whole village.

The problem with them is that normally someone waits outside the door to use them as soon as they are available.

Just reload when you need to then.

I always reload whenever i can, i like to have a full clip incase.

Really getting into this and now starting to get into bombing squads before my team mates does. got 5 kills in 1 drop then 4 in another! its very satisfying when the kills have to scroll through because u got so many :)

So how many of us have got this now? Maybe try start a private match? We probs dont have 16 but im sure we got friends who have this.

I played both '43 and BC tonight. BC is the better game, if you tire of '43, use it as a step up into BC. '43 is a bit more streamlined and has a few control issues ironed out, but BC is the deeper and more complex game. It's an overlooked classic.

There were cunts annoying me last night when it came to planes. I only wanted to get one for a little while but there must be people who literally only ever play planes. So I was standing on the carrier by my self waiting for a plane to spawn and then another guy comes up and starts randomly shooting me and throwing grenades when the plane spawns. I'm guessing he was trying to confuse me into not rushing to the plane. Fucking cunt.

On the plus side, when I did get a go, I did improve and got into some good dogfights, since I got the knack of the controls. Gotten better at the whole game actually, was coming nearish the top of the table in each match.

There were cunts annoying me last night when it came to planes. I only wanted to get one for a little while but there must be people who literally only ever play planes. So I was standing on the carrier by my self waiting for a plane to spawn and then another guy comes up and starts randomly shooting me and throwing grenades when the plane spawns. I'm guessing he was trying to confuse me into not rushing to the plane. Fucking cunt.

At the start of one game last night I got in a plane. I guess someone else wanted my plane too, because he fired his RPG at it as I was taking off, then continued to fire at it. I swept back around and he was the only one on the carrier, all the boats had been taken, so I bombed him then turned around again and started shooting. It felt a bit satisfying. There's always someone hanging around on the ship waiting for a plane to appear, I bet they get the least kills in a game too.

In another game, whenever I spawned on the ship, there was someone on the island taking out the planes as soon as they appeared. Slightly annoying, but I just took the boat instead.

As TopGun said, I jumped into a few games last night, and had a good time. Like CoD and other FPS, joining a session in progress doesn't mean you'll be on the same side. So most of the games we were on opposite sides, I think we both took each other out a few times. Since it's been released it's all I've been playing console-wise. I should have Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood turn up tomorrow, but I'm not sure I'll be able to tear myself away from 1943.

Sly, I did play the multi of Bad Company when I had it, but didn't put as much time into it as perhaps I should have. 1943 feels more streamlined and focused, easily accessible. I did enjoy it though. I shall definitely be picking up BC2 when it comes out.