passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

What game to get?

Oliath

So... after really trying hard to enjoy Godfather II and ultimately realising that its not gonna get any better...... i am going to exchange it.

Fortunately (and a fact that i KEEP forgetting) unlike GAME, HMV allows you to exchange games if they are 'unwanted gifts' or 'purchased in error'.

They don't seal the box either as they keep all games behind the cash desk.

Sooooo.... gonna bring it in tomorrow and trade it... but for what?

Any ideas of what is our currently and is good... or what is out in the next week (as i believe i have 14 days)

I know Illdog mentioned Dead Space but i actuallly already own this for the PC and am saving it for when i am console-less for a few months (along with fallout3)

Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena is the only thing released in the next few days.... but not even sure i will like that.... but its a possibility.

Ahhh good suggestion Stoobie.

I have already gone through it once though, but might be fun to do so again.

Keep the ideas coming though :-)

Am half tempted to pick up WAW again.... but last time i played was put off by how good other people were online and how

many people there were just boosing.... or hosts quitting as soon as they loose grrr...

Was a fun game though and i already picked up COD4 once more for my PS3 cos someone was selling it cheap.

Ahh reminds me... got a code to download the new maps if anyone wants it. I already had them purchased so don't need the code (ps3 version of COD4)

OK well....

I own:

360:

Bad Company

Halo3

Gears2

GTAIV

PS3:

MGS4

Killzne2

LBP

Resistance2

COD4

Resident Evil Boner

Burnout Paradise

Vegas2

Unreal Tournament III

Honestly... i do not need another game...

But HMV don't refund... they only exhcange..

Got my katamari fix on the iphone Ill.

Oh... and reading some posts in resi5 thread... maybe i should just get Dead Space on PS3 then if its that good and propper scary.

Not one bit in Res5 made me jump or properly shit myself... and i played with headphones. Lame.

Is there much to unlock in Dead Space?

Does it have much replay value or is it just an all out badass one time story?

Have you played Mirrors edge yet Oli, I think that if you are willing to be a little forgiving then its the kind of game I could really see you appreciating and enjoying.

Yeah.

Loved it.

One of my favourite games of the year.

For me it was a once play through game though. I had no real incentive to go back through it again.

I started to do the levels and try and beat times to unlock trophies but just didn't feel the love.

Would absolutely buy the sequel though. No interest in the DLC

Take the refund as store credit, save a little and put it towards getting a DSi with GTA.

Nahhh... i just don't dig Nintendo much anymore to be honest. They don't seem to deliver what i am after in games.

For portable gaming i got my iphone and PSP to keep me happy. Absolutley no inention of getting a DS again. Its sad becasue its a DS that led me to this site, but meh.

Soooo...

My decision is actually this:

Exchange it for.... drum roll.........

World At War lol

Had the game before... got angry and sold it.

My reasons for getting it again though are that lots of people i know have it on the 360 so i can play with them online.

Also... because i have already finished the game i won't feel compelled to play through it just to get my moneys worth.

This means i can add a title to my collection without it distracting me from games i own but need to give more attention to... does that make sense?

Makes sense to me Oli, World at War Multiplayer is one of my most played games for the last few weeks, I like the downloadable maps, and despite not really getting on with the single player aspect of the game ive really enjoyed this online part of it.

Lol Ed.

I have cod4 still but on the PS3....

I would have got WAW on PS3 too but wanted a social game to add to the collection.

Thank god i got FailfatherII from HMV. They exchanged it no probs.... almost as if they knew how bad it was lol.

EA... litterally.... took Godfather I game..... raped it....... used a month of dev time and resources to code the DON view.. tacked it on and shipped it out for a quick buck.

Damaging.

I am BEGGING them not to do the same with army of two 2.

Riccick is out this friday.

It does look good.... and i have been waiting to play escape from butcher bay since they announced this version of it.

I heard the multiplayer is a bit weak though.... but then again Butcher Bay... isn't that ONE of those games that as an xbox owner you HAVE to play.

Riccick is out this friday.

It does look good.... and i have been waiting to play escape from butcher bay since they announced this version of it.

I heard the multiplayer is a bit weak though.... but then again Butcher Bay... isn't that ONE of those games that as an xbox owner you HAVE to play.

have you played the demo, its pretty good, and every one has nothing but good things to say about the first Riddick game.

Lol Ed.

I have cod4 still but on the PS3....

I would have got WAW on PS3 too but wanted a social game to add to the collection.

Thank god i got FailfatherII from HMV. They exchanged it no probs.... almost as if they knew how bad it was lol.

EA... litterally.... took Godfather I game..... raped it....... used a month of dev time and resources to code the DON view.. tacked it on and shipped it out for a quick buck.

Damaging.

ha

i told you this, and would you listen? No and look at all the trouble you've now had to go to

shoulda listened to pickled, he knows best