passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Street Fighter IV

DANGERMAN

Annnnnnnnnnd i hate it.

I got it... tried it..... tried to play arcade mode and get beaten at that :-(

Anyone got any good tips or websites for noobs like me.

Comparing it to Soul Calibur.... i found this easier... for some reason with street fighter i just get my ass handed to me and it feels like i am button mashing :-(

Oliiii....*stokes hair*.... it takes time to develop a bit of skill in fighting games. U cant just knock on the door and expect to be let straight into the party son. You have to proove your credentials. Just find a character you get along with and try to stick with him. Learn what each of his different strength punches and kicks do in different situations and practice the special moves, it will come. Come on now. *hugs* *puts finger up bum*

Cool good tips... and i will def try the trials mode.

Stoobie what was your controller setup as i liked the look of it?? Or was that on the PS3?

I guess i was just rushing in and being a bit impatient though... but i tell you... if they just let me fight them with my Gears 2 character i would OWN :-)

Stoobie what was your controller setup as i liked the look of it?? Or was that on the PS3?

Not sure what you mean? :blink: Are you thinking of the picture of Bens PS Saturn controllers? I just have the standard 360 pad and the Madcatz chunli pad. I merely declared my love for Bens pads.

My pads are as awesome and lovable as I am :blush:

imo they're the best type of pad for fighting games (2d anyway), even above arcade sticks. But yeah Oli, Saturn pads going through converters, which seem to have vanished from sale the last few years so I'm glad i picked them up when i did

Im pretty sure im not going to bother with this game after all, like Hendo, it would just be a waste after constantly losing at Fifa online in the last month I literally cant take any more beatings, I would probably go and rape someone...

In summary, I dont want to pay 30 just to get totally beaten and trash talked by kids....ive already got enough games to get hammered on....stupid competitiveness, why isnt there a game where you just hug people and get on

I was OK online last night with Cammy - had a few good matches and won two in a row. Akuma players are really starting to annoy me. I always seem to beat them on the first round, and I thought this was me being all l33t and that, but I swear they let you win easily so they can charge up their ultra meter and just use that next round, since it basically kills you, it's devastating. Pretty annoying, and especially when you nearly beat them the next round and they do the ultra again! Garg.

ultras dont carry over from rounds buddeh!

Sigh... fine. I've just had my internet fixed tonight so I can do tomorrow. Honestly, the type of people playing this arn't the same as those on HD Remix. I think I spent most of the night fighting either haduken spamming bastards or Guile using, turtling motherfuckers. It really doesn't make a fun game. Funnily enough, it was only a couple of Akuma players that I had the most fun with. :huh:

Only played about an hour on my mates PS3 and I found it pretty underwhelming. I got up to Seth, though fuck this, it's impossible to beat this cunt. I then tried the online bit. Some spamming bastard used Honda to pin me in the corner and slap me to death. Then someone used Blanka to do the same, only with the electric shit. I then won one against the fat dude. Then I had my head kicked in for the next 20 minutes, especially by that Able who threw me every time I got near him. It might look pretty, but I fucking hate it like all the other SF games. Glad I didn't get swallowed up by the hype and buy it.

i hate seth with a fucking passion, im trying to do arcade with all characters and alot of the chracters i cnt do shit to him.

Keeps doin cheap ass combos n same old throw over and over again.

I dno why they cudnt just whack akuma at the end or something, instead of making some shitty naked blue man with a ying yang for a stomach

i hate seth with a fucking passion, im trying to do arcade with all characters and alot of the chracters i cnt do shit to him.

Keeps doin cheap ass combos n same old throw over and over again.

I dno why they cudnt just whack akuma at the end or something, instead of making some shitty naked blue man with a ying yang for a stomach

I couldn't beat him because he kept doing this shit that dragged me towards him. Load of toss tbh.

I had my first few really poor online experiences last night, the guy i was fighting was rubbish but i still lost! He must have had throw assigned to a button because he threw me almost constantly. Another guy just spammed Kens specials really randomly, so randomly i didnt know how to handle it. Went to bed cross.

Still, overall i think its bloody excellent.

Apparently this is Capcoms definitive way to unlock Gouken

1. Complete Arcade Mode playing as Akuma and watch (not necessary to watch everything) an ending.

2. Then, unlock Gouken as an opponent, and defeat him.

Necessary conditions to unlock Gouken as an opponent:

- Play with any characters with which you watched the ending once (so play using a character you have already beaten the game with)

- Do not continue at all.

- Do not lose at all. Not even one round (easier if you only play 1-round matches)

- Achieve certain number (or more) of "Perfect" rounds. The number of Perfect Win you need to achieve are:

If you play on

- 1 round match: 1 time or more

- 3 round match: 2 times or more

- 5 round match: 3 times or more

- 7 round match: 4 times or more

- Achieve certain number (or more) of Super Combo -OR- Ultra Combo Finishes. Super and Ultra finishes both count toward this number. The number of perfect win you need to achieve are:

s

If you play on

- 1 round match: 3 times or more

- 3 round match: 5 times or more

- 5 round match: 7 times or more

- 7 round match: 9 times or more

- Achieve certain number (or more) of First Attack (this means you must score the first strike in a match—the screen gives you the "First Attack" message, and you can mostly do this without even noticing):

The number of First Attack you need to achieve are:

If you play on

- 1 round match: 5 time or more

- 3 round match: 10 times or more

- 5 round match: 15 times or more

- 7 round match: 20 times or more

- Then Gouken will appear. Kick his butt to unlock him!

wish id known that before i got the Legendary Champion achievement (yeah baby you heard me), because after him not turning up for ages i ended up doing 2 perfects and 5 ultra finishes to make sure i fought gouken, when it was just the first attacks that were impeding my progress!