Fallout 3

Jimboxy

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I encountered a glitch that unlocked an achievement the last time I played. I spoke to the mission giver, got the mission, spoke a bit more, got an odd option in the speech choices, picked it and the mission ended and unlocked the achievement. :blink:

Broken Steel is making me travel to the ends of the earth too, I'm not really one for fast travelling unless it means bypassing the pain in the arse subway sections to get inside the walled area but I might have to break habit of a lifetime and start doing so, because I really can't be arsed with the few treks I have had to go through already.

Man, the enemies on Point Lookout must be descendants of Chuck Norris, pretty much every encounter is like fighting something really high level. There doesn't seems to be any hiding either, the clairvoyant fucks know where you are even with the Chinese stealth get up on.

Man, the enemies on Point Lookout must be descendants of Chuck Norris, pretty much every encounter is like fighting something really high level. There doesn't seems to be any hiding either, the clairvoyant fucks know where you are even with the Chinese stealth get up on.

Yea, thats a fact. And its not like you get anymore exp for killing them either. If your gonna be dumb you better be tough.

Yeah, those rednecks are tough bastards, the tribals too. Luckily I had a ton of stimpaks and was armed to the fecking teeth going in. Plasma Rifles and Gauss Rifles for medium to long range shots, and Chinese Assault Rifle for up close served me well. Plus I picked up a gattling lazer for the final mission.

Also, having the Ghoul Mask and Animal Friend perk meant I only had to worry about fighting humans and Mirelurks.

25 Hours and going strong, I have a question for those who have played it though, I would like to get an idea of how far through the main quest I am, not wanting to finish it anytime soon. I'm level 12 now I think, are there 20?

I've just met my Dad again at vault 112 and walked over to Rivet city with him to kick off project purity

Thanks!

25 Hours and going strong, I have a question for those who have played it though, I would like to get an idea of how far through the main quest I am, not wanting to finish it anytime soon. I'm level 12 now I think, are there 20?

I've just met my Dad again at vault 112 and walked over to Rivet city with him to kick off project purity

Thanks!

Miles off if you are wondering round doing all the other stuff. Which you will probably need to do because you are going to need those extra levels and perks.

I had no problems with the yokels, it were the Tribals that game me a hard time. There was a bit at the end when you

put the transmitter on top of the ferris wheel and a load of Tribals show up, there must have been 20 of the fuckers. It was never ending, I'm not really one for using stimpacks unless I really need too, my perks and sleep normally see my health doing fine, but that bit really pushed me.

Think I'm with Hendo on this one. I just don't get it. For some reason I find the setting (as impressively vast as it is) off putting, and I'm not keen on the way it plays either (I had similar problems with oblivion). Also I think after playing something as character driven as Mass Effect 2, to step into a game that has you as a blank slate with the other characters reacting around you isn't really doing it for me either. Sorry Fallout, it looks like it destined to never be.

Well... I've always hated games of this ilk and I'd consider Mass Effect to be the same genre, although that is far more linear.

However, Mass Effect 1 & 2 both blew me away and now this is doing the exact same, only I prefer it to either of those. The freedom is fantastic, once you get your head around things and find a good way to make a living :)

So long as you use the quests to guide you along the way, unless you are just aimlessly wandering (I've found some great stuff this way!) things seem to run pretty smoothly. I use the warping/quick travel a lot too, trekking from one place to another gets laborious fast!

The scripting/acting is really poor in comparison to ME but hey ho, nothing is perfect, yet.

I've actually dreamt about Fallout 3 for the last 4 nights now.... Love love love it.

I never fast travelled unless it mean getting into the city quicker because of the stupid walls. I've seen some awesome shit by doing this, just ambling round looking for stuff to make into weapons or sell makes me feel like some sort of post holocaust Steptoe and Son.

I do a fair amount of aimless wandering but when its mission time I get really fed up of the huge walks. Although I did do one the other day, it took me from the left of the map to the bottom RH corner and took about 20-25 mins I reckon so wasn't too bad really!

I agree, you do stumble across some awesome shit that way!

How far did you get, Jim? I dunno how many hours I put in but it must've been a lot.

Someone on my Twitter feed was telling someone else how amazing it was, but "you have to get past the first 14 hours". I'm sorry, but that's more than I'm willing to endure.

I wanted to love it, but I got my roam-around kicks from Red Dead and Mass Effect instead.