passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Rhythm Tengoku Gold / Heaven / Paradise [NDS]

retroed

I remembered, this morning, why I stopped playing this.

I dug it back out and was stuck yet again on the egg level, the first stage on column 4. I got past it but then got stuck on the next one, a guy teaching you how to be a DJ.

You know how I finally figured out how to do it? I searched on youtube and actually managed to find a video showing that stage!

It's actually piss easy but I really feel like you're missing out on the lack of English rather than the joy of figuring it out for yourself.

It's because of this that I'd recommend anyone who doesn't have it to wait for the Western version.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished the game while waiting to finish work, got home, flipped open the sleeping DS and found a harder mode available with each old level waiting for me!

I wasn't gonna bother going for better scores on the old levels but I think I might carry on playing these harder ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was intending to put serious time into it this month, but The World Ends With You is just too good. I'll get back to it soon.

There's going to be a soundtrack for this though, on 3CD's!

rythm_500.jpg

- 3CDs

- 140 songs (all songs from GBA and DS versions)

- 2008/10/15

- 5250 yen

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1217950_1124.html

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm probably not the best person to say about this game as I have no prior experiance of these at all.

I gather it's from the team behind WarioWare and this game seems to be in the same vain. You go through a colletion of rythm based mini games performend by tapping or sliding your stylus to the musical prompts and then you unlock a game that remixs the ones you've just played together. These where I find most of the fun lies.. and the frustration. It's quirkier than you'd expect a game plugged by Beyonce would be and does have a real sense of fun about it which has left me tittering a little, like the WarioWare games then.

I'm still stuck on the third remix so I'm off to try it again. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

i'm a bit stuck on this again, can anyone explain what you have to do on the guitar/band one, the second one of the 4th set of games, just after the 3rd remix - i can't figgure it out at all. unless you have to copy the other guy exactly - and if so how are you supposed to know what he's going to do?

The second one on the fourth set is the DJ one, isn't it? I have the JPN version though, so they could have switched things around. By fourth set, you mean the one in the centre, below the green arrow button that allows you to move the screen up or down, right?

I'm currently on the fourth one of the fourth set, I'm going to have to start playing this again. I was tempted to get the UK version and sell this one, but I think part of the charm is working out what you're meant to do, and I think they changed some of the songs too.

From Gamefaqs:

Being a disciple of another guitarist, you must follow his lead, via copying whatever he does after he does it, like "Simon says."

Strumming the guitar is just like in Big Rock Finish. Along with that, you can also mute the chords, which is actually a requirement, so don't forget to mute them now at the same point your higher up did.

I'm not entirely sure that helps. :mellow:

ok sorry, i'm an idiot, i'm actually on the 2nd one of the 5th lot then as i've already done the dj one. i'm playing the Japanese version too :)

Is it the one where you just play the end of a series of songs? Doesn't it always follow the same pattern? Sorry, I can't really remember. Finished the japanese one when it came out. I can dig it out though?