passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Dark Knight

Jimboxy

I've heard more about this film than any other in the past few years, sounds like a must-see.

Does Ledger steal the show based on his performance or maybe because dead people are cooler?

Performance. From the moment he makes a pencil disappear.

Yeah, I might have already said this, but the biggest compliment I can pay to him is that you dont constantly think you're watching Heath Ledger playing the Joker, you're just watching the Joker.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how sinister the joker has become, i would love the film either way if heath ledger was dead or alive.

I hate how people think that now hes gone, they have different views to the film.

Didn't see it last night, hopefully I'll go see it today.

There was a joke that made me shamefully laugh on Mock the Week last night though, and I feel guilty for it. It was Frankie Boyle's one.

Joker: "I'll be back, Batman!"

Batman "No, I don't think you will..."

The audience didn't know whether to laugh or be shocked.

I heard a snippet of an interview with Michael Caine on the way home (it's his 110th film!) and he reckons it's one of the best action films of all time, probably his most proud moment that a film he's involved with is the highest grossing opening so far.

I don't reckon I'll be able to enjoy it as much now though, can it get any more hyped?

I don't reckon I'll be able to enjoy it as much now though, can it get any more hyped?

I cant belive you can say that man, just let it go, all the hype in the world cant change my opinion, just go with an open mind. A thousand shit reviews wouldnt put me off seeing a film i wanted to see and this is just the reverse.

You might not want to read this then Hendo: Personally, i loved it, i thought it was epic. The Joker and Dent were both brilliantly portrayed, they were always going to steal the limelight from Bale as they have such extreme highs and lows, where as Bale has to portray a brooding Bruce/Batman (which he does brilliantly).

My favorite superhero film bar none.

Actually, I thought the best performance in it was Gary Oldman's Gordon, he was the only one who didn't ham it up (though, don't get me wrong, the villians should be hammed up). If anyone deserves an oscar it's him.

I cant belive you can say that man, just let it go, all the hype in the world cant change my opinion, just go with an open mind. A thousand shit reviews wouldnt put me off seeing a film i wanted to see and this is just the reverse.

Well that's the thing, would I go in super pumped for it and then be disappointed?

I've been talking with a mate about it today and he was just saying how awesome it was and Ledger steals it, but then Oldman is close, and the guy that plays Harvey Dent also.

I kinda feel sorry for Bale now.

Ha, to be honest I thought that Bale's was my favourite performance, because many other actors playing batman against all of these other massive characters would have tried to go one better and really over done it, he holds the whole performance together in my opinion because he is so true to the character that he created in the last one.

Ive never seen a batman played better than Bale's, his scenes with Caine are brilliant and provide something to look for in the film, some depth to the presentations that The Joker gives you (which are also done spectacularly).

Hendo if you dont watch this film then you will be missing out big time, I dont think anyone could have been more hyped about this film than me or illdog or ben or Wiivo going into it and we all loved it, I think i speak for everyone else when I say it exceeded anything that I expected of it.

Id definitely agree with Gill's opinion of best comic movie, maybe even best action movie.

Really loved it.

Hugely expensive, great action sequences, and Heath Ledger was fucking awesome as the joker. He stole the show from everyone else and woefully outclassed the other actors he was on screen with. It was a bit long though.

Shame he'll never be able to play him again... :(

Bale and Eckhart were not bad, but I just think it's Ledgers performance that stole the show. He very may get an oscar for it.

Saw it last night - loved it. Thought the Joker was good, but again for me Batman and Alfred impressed me most - such a good pairing of actors. I also thought Maggie Gyllenhall was far far better than Katie Holmes in Batman Begins.

My other half commented that he didnt have many gadgets in the film until i reminded him about the aeroplane that picks you up off the floor and a mobile phone device that lets you see anywhere you want. Idiot.

And was it just me or was Commisioner Gordons daughters face never shown - does this mean we have a Batgirl lined up?