passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Grand Theft Auto IV

retroed

Nice. I now have gaygamer on my history, that should be good when the missus come to use the computer. :lol:

If your missus is checking your history every time she goes on the computer, I'd venture you have some minor trust and boundary issues. :blink:

Nah, I'll probably get some stick when/if she types something into the url bar and that comes up as a closely recognised visited site. There is worse stuff for her to find in there. :lol:

Hendo... just for me... pretty please... can you test out the multiplayer??

There is supposed to be a new feautre called INSTANT MATCH or something like that... i am wondering just how instant it is as my main problemmo with GTA IV was the crappy implementation of multiplayer.

MATCHMAKING FTW.

I ain't the person to ask as I tend to stick to the single player first and then try the multiplayer! I'm sure I saw you online playing GTA IV this morning, you got TLAD yet?

Oh yeah....

Yes you did sir!

I tend to have a cheeky online gaming session while i drink my tea and eat my brioche in the morning to get my brain and reflexes up and running :rolleyes:

Basically the expansion took ALL NIGHT to download on my current crappy connection, but it was there by morning time.

Had a quick dip on the multiplayer... and of course tried the Instant Action setting and was pleased to see that it does what its supposed to do... dropped me into a cycle of games.

Played a deathmatch... which was already in progress. When this ended there was a counter and a new deathmatch. I am hoping that it will mix the game types up too.

From my initial impressions i am pleased to say that the multiplayer seems much improved.

For starters you load in with a rather decent machine pistol which means your chances of holding your own from spawn are vastly improved.

Not really sure what else has been tweaked but i am assuming that stuff has had a general overhaul to tighten the multiplayer up as i know it was the most flawed element of GTA IV.

I get the impression that once you get into the new stuff online you aren't really going to want or need to go back to the original again.

I still need to finish GTA IV before i try the story mode though, but Lost and Damned is where i will be spending my online hours :-)

Another point is that last night i had some of the laggiest games in GTA IV ever.

I realised the reason for this is due to the multiplayer being free to all users for this week. This means that all the cheapskates who don't have live... are the same people who will most likely have the shittiest connections..... so we will have lots of these guys hosting and playing games :-)

This also made me realise why there were SO MANY MORE people playing GTA IV on PSN. I hadn't realised before how many people DONT want to pay for a live service (which is totally understandable). On the PS3 version you can find a full lobby for most game types. On the 360 version this is not the case :-(

Well I've finished the bike races, which are brilliant and the closest we've come to yet for a current Road Rash game. And the old classic gets name checked too, so it's not like it's a coincidence.

I'm currently taking a break from the story missions and doing the gang wars side missions.

Story wise it's getting pretty good, but also very dark.

Oh and I've seen the

wang

. It's shockingly

hairy

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a bit stuck in the single player - I'm on a mission called Hit The Pipe where you

get 24 pieces of explosive that you have to drop in front of 3 separate vans (while driving) to blow them up

. Very tricky, the first mission I've had a real problem doing.

Dipped into the multi for the first time and went for an Instant Play match which was a free-for-all deathmatch. I came in late and yet I won. :blink:

After hearing about it on Listen Up / 1up Yours / 4Guys 1up, I decided to try out Chopper vs. Chopper which is one guy on a bike trying to get to as many checkpoints as possible and the opponent in a helicopter just tasked with taking them out. When the biker dies you swap.

I love the biking part as it feels like a real tense chase, but I can't control the choppa for shit. :(

Yep instant play seems to work, but i am surprised at how few people seem to be playing this compared to GTA IV.

I just finished GTA IV story over the weekend... finally!! So moving on to Lost and Damned now. Done a few of the opening missions but so far i am really liking it. Pretty different too.

First thing i did though was go into the settings and turn off that crappy grain filter.

• 7 months later...

I didn't have much of a problem, up until a mission where you have to take out these vans by chucking bombs at them from your moving motorcycle, which I think is where I stopped playing.

Has anyone bought Gay Tony? There's been almost zero hype about it. :unsure:

I've had the points saved in my account for ages, just need to finish Brutal Legend first.

i got gay tony, its excellent. i still think TLATD has the best story of the 3 gta4 offerings but it is a lot of fun, and its just more gta4 awesomeness :D

the new weapons and vehicles are cool, and they lend themselves to making this probably the most action pack slice of gta4 yet.

i got gay tony, its excellent. i still think TLATD has the best story of the 3 gta4 offerings but it is a lot of fun, and its just more gta4 awesomeness :D

the new weapons and vehicles are cool, and they lend themselves to making this probably the most action pack slice of gta4 yet.

I agree man.

Gay Tony is what GTAIV should have been.

I would urge people who got fed up with GTAIV to pick up Gay Tony since it just adds all the things you wanted into the game. I am not very far in but the music is brilliant and the characters are great too.

I have also already stolen a helicopter from a yacht, blown up a subway train, unlocked sticky remote detonate bombs which are AWESOME for random mayhem and got the coolest and most powerful pistol ever. Love it.

Really cant wait to unlock the parachutes for some base jumping.

I also quite enjoy going into the club... getting fucked up... and then coming out and trying to drive aaaahahahahahaha.

I didn't have much of a problem, up until a mission where you have to take out these vans by chucking bombs at them from your moving motorcycle, which I think is where I stopped playing.

I did that tonight. I threw one pipe bomb to see how Johnny threw them, then used 1 to blow up each van. It took longer driving to each van. I'm still getting killed sometimes by some cunt who appears from no where and shoots me point blank with a shotty, but apart from that it is evening out on the difficulty. The races are great, nothing beats smashing some guy in the face with a baseball bat at high speed then running over his body as he bounces down the road.

But gadgey boy likes his choppers so thats all I use. He doesn't like those hair dryers.

He does when I'm around, because those "American" bikes are good for cruising and cruising only. Although to be fair that Hexer has a stupid top speed if you can ever hit it.

Well, I have done quite a few cross over missions now, and I can see how some characters are played off against each other by some of the bigger factions. I can't wait to see how Luis' story goes from this, if the shit hits the fan as much as it does with Johnny, I'm in for a treat.

Well, that's TLAD done and dusted. It was great, and it wasn't hard either, it was me just been shit because I couldn't manipulate the controls quick enough for the game. I know the races you struggled with DC, those beach ones were a pain in the arse, but as long as you took it easy you could managed fine, as the other riders had all sorts of problems trying to go flat out on the loose, just stick to a chopper and you should be fine. Onto TBoGT now. Should be interesting given what I have seen of Luis in TLAD.