passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

I’ve no objections but I was under the impression Sly was done with the forum, and he’s doing a podcast on another YouTube channel.

Very true.

I don't know, as I said, I don't wanna step on any toes so I'll leave it to you guys, if anyone wants to regularly do a podcast with me (I can host, edit etc.) on a weekly or bi-weekly basis under the MFG-umbrella then that's great, if not I'll put one on with Sly on my personal channel.

Heh,I think everyone fancies doing one lately. I've been pottering about with YouTube videos ready for when I do my own gaming channel. It'll not be anything smart - I just don't have the time, mainly a little distraction for me.

In this channel I'll be doing a podcast aswell once we're iron out how to do it properly.

I don't mind joining you if I'm available and you're in a bind for a guest. Just hope it's a topic I've got interest in. If it's about Ass Creed or Forza I'll be zzzzzz-ing ?

If it was a video one, I’d rather do it while 4 people are playing a game together and chatting, preferably one that doesn’t require much communication for the actual game, so you can talk about other stuff while playing something. Like Uno, Poker, Diablo on an easy setting, something like that.

24 minutes ago, Hendo said:

If it was a video one, I’d rather do it while 4 people are playing a game together and chatting, preferably one that doesn’t require much communication for the actual game, so you can talk about other stuff while playing something. Like Uno, Poker, Diablo on an easy setting, something like that.

That's a pretty good idea tbf, and you can have talking points to work through (eg what you're all currently playing, what's next on the list etc etc). Although I have been watching obscene amounts of UpUpDownDown recently, so I'm enjoying the picture in picture multiplayer stuff.

1 hour ago, Nag said:

So you waxing lyrical about Destiny 2 for 14 episodes then...??

@ThreeFour

How dare you!!

But yeah my channel would main Destiny and other such -like Anthem possibly- when I'm not playing it. I like a focused channel on a game/genre I like. Like the ones I subscribe to.

The podcasts will be general chit chat and current topics. My partner will have creative control for that mainly. I'll just turn up to add my sage like wisdom ?

That's a good idea @Hendo I don't really have the skills to put a video podcast together though, so was going to make it audio-only using Audacity. 

It would be nice to record whilst we're all playing a game but i'm not sure how many of us on here have gaming-capable PC's and Audacity is a PC program so it would be difficult for me to record unless I streamed it on PS4 and then edited the archive or something but that may be more hassle.

@radiofloyd @DANGERMAN @ThreeFour @Hendo when are you all usually free to record? Weeknights and weekends? I'm guessing due to the time difference we'd have to record early in the morning or late at night here so it's evening/morning for you in Japan, Tommy?

It doesn't have to be the same time every week but it would help get us into a routine.

Ah ok, no worries @Hendo it doesn't have to be a set day every week, I can just upload it on the same day every week. It will need to be early morning or late evening UK time when Tommy's on though.

Nice one @mr lakitu 

I'd record using Audacity, it's a free voice recorder/editor, I believe only I need it installed and then you all need to join the chat or something via a web-link if memory serves me correctly (only had first hand experience with it once before, a couple years back) but until I get hands-on with it I won't really know for sure. It may now be possible to record voice (and maybe even video?) on Discord now, but I'm not 100%. The last time I was on a podcast we chatted over Skype whilst recording on Audacity, so you should be able to use your phone in theory as long as it has a decent-ish microphone so folks can hear you clearly enough.

Cool :)  @DANGERMAN

Right, so shall we say 1PM (9PM JST) Saturday (21st Oct) to record the first episode? Does that work for everyone? @Hendo @ThreeFour @mr lakitu @DANGERMAN I can put it on the Calendar to remind us as well.

Can be a little earlier or later depending on what time @radiofloyd goes to bed/eats Dinner etc.

I'm not sure how many on here with Easy Allies, but I wanted to use a similar format to their podcast.

So there will be clear sections in the podcast:

Goals - Just a fun little thing everyone participates in through the podcast. Goals can be anything really, but are very lighthearted and not taken seriously. Something like getting in a specific line from a movie 'I'll be back' as an example, making a weird sound or attempting to not say a certain word/phrase you say a lot (eg. 'You know' 'I understand' 'That's fishy' etc.) At the very end, we'd review who succeeded and who failed at their goals for that particular week.

Corrections - This won't be in the first episode, but if we eventually get enough views/listeners that we get folks correcting anything we said on the podcast the previous week (or want to do self-corrections) then we read all these out just after the Goals.

Game Announcements - If any games have been announced since we last recorded an Episode then we talk about them, what we think, whether we're excited or disappointed by the announcement etc. 

News - Just whatever is being talked about or what stories have came to light in the past week, you may of heard them already somewhere else or they might be completely fresh stories to you. At least 3 topics, up to 5-6 if it's a big news week (E3/PSX/GamesCom etc.).

Yorkshire Tea or Instant Coffee - This may not be in every episode, but essentially I'll read out to you a few of the upcoming releases for the next 4-6 weeks or so and you all tell me whether you're hyped or meh about them. If you're excited and can't wait to play then it's a Yorkshire Tea, if you're underwhelmed by what you've seen or think they'll turn out horrendously then it's an Instant Coffee.

Wagers - Each episode we'll end the show with a Wager. I'll give you something to place a wager on, so for example 'what percentage of people on PSN have unlocked ''The Long and Winding Road'' Trophy in Destiny 2?' and you'll have to place wagers on how what percentage of people you think have unlocked that trophy, I'll note all of them down and when it comes time to record the next episode of the podcast I'll check the percentage on PSN and reveal at the end of that next episode who won the previous episode's wager. 

So at the end of the second episode I'll reveal who won the previous weeks wager and then announce the new bet for next time (Ep. 3). Whoever wins the Wager gets a point and can close out the podcast with a trademark sign off. Whoever has the most points at the end of the year gets a prize of some kind.  

Hope that's ok with everyone, it just keeps things fun and stops us from rambling too much, the wagers keep people invested to watch the next episode to find out what happened with the wager, won who and stuff as well. We'll try that format for the first couple of episode's at least if that's ok with everyone, and see how we get on with it, if you guys don't like it or we decide it's not the right fit for us then I'll change it and re-jig some stuff, but hopefully it'll be alright.

10 hours ago, mr lakitu said:

Shouldn’t we have a more traditional part of talking about what we’ve been playing in there also? Otherwise no one is talking about games really just correcting ourselves and saying some news and making bets ? Also a ‘letters’ section? If we had listeners correcting us you’d hope they’d want to write in also. 

Yeah we can definitely put a currently playing in there and a letters section too if we get enough listeners.

7 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

I should be free on Saturday. 

I quite like @Hendoidea. It might take a bit more work though 

I do too, I just don't really know how to produce it well? I think if you just upload the archive of a casual chat whilst playing Fortnite Battle Royale or something then we'll all just be rambling on and talking over one another. I want it to be a professional well presented podcast where the conversation flows, everyone gets their turns to speak and I keep asking probing questions on certain topics to get you all to open up about stuff.

If you want to stream a game with muted mic's, upload the stream to the MFG YT channel as a private video I can attempt to put the recorded audio over the top of it, but I've no guarantees how well it would turn out and may have to abandon it if it turns out shite.

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

I won’t be around on Saturday, will be halfway through my shift in work.

What about Sunday at 1PM instead, would that work?

• Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic